The South is Fat...

IOU

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The first time I ever went to the south I noticed a lot more obese people. I kept telling my friend "is it just me or are there a lot of fat people here?" This was before I read that like 9 of the 10 fattest states are in the South.

I also noticed the portions in the restaurants are much bigger. I remember looking at a menu at a place (some truck stop restaurant on the border of MS and AL), and I saw a breakfast that was a 1 *pound* ham steak, 3 eggs, 3 pancakes, hashbrowns, bacon or sausage, biscuits & gravy, and a coffee. That was one meal.

My friend gets his eggs poached because it's the healthiest way to cook an egg, and dead serious the waitress was like "what's that?" They like to fry or deep fry everything in the south too.

I find it strange that people want so much food. It's a fucking disgusting feeling to eat too much food.

Fucking nasty.

Dude that's a bunch of bullshit- they want you to loose trust in the south because most of your food comes from the south fool... the establishment want you to stop buying food to weaken the economy to push their new world order upon us....

Nah, people really are fatter down south. And they really do eat fried everything.

That second bloody tampon that just appeared under your name is infact due to a conspiracy by the illuminati though.

NEGGAPROPSGUN.jpg

I've grown up in the south and around the stereotypes regarding soul food my whole life, don't get me wrong this shit is delicious. Deep frying shit is definitely a southern thing as large portions of food, but what was just put into full perspective was the fucking time lapse of fat asses over America in the past 20 years. It's not just the south, it's all over! I can't help but point my finger and fast food chains (which up until recently didn't have much of a motive to provide healthier options) so i may be a little bit bias, but in all honesty there are so many contributing factors. The south seems to be always on top of the fattest though, we somehow always prevail as the fat asses of America.

I was at the CVS store a few months back, and I saw a redneck family from the south in green t-shirts, and every last one were incredibly overweight. I mean I see fat people, but these people were easily morbidly obese. They all had on name tags... so I assume they were "Price Is Right" contestants which is taped a block away. The back of their shirt said something like "Texas Loves Price Is Right".

I mean one of the dudes looked about 6', 350lbs easily. And another guy about 6'2" looked to be over 500lbs. And the lady was about 5'8" but easily over 300.

Basically boiling, but not hard boiling. Breaking the egg in to hot water. No oil/butter is needed, and therefore being the healthiest method.

But really a waitress should know all the different ways to cook an egg.

I don't think it's a waitress at a diners responsibility to know about some obscure ass shit like that.

I'm gonna guess that she's not the only one in that diner who never heard of a poached egg.

I don't think it's a waitress at a diners responsibility to know about some obscure ass shit like that.

I'm gonna guess that she's not the only one in that diner who never heard of a poached egg.

A waitress isn't supposed to know about different ways of cooking eggs?

And she's the first waitress I've ever heard not know what that is.

A waitress isn't supposed to know about different ways of cooking eggs?

And she's the first waitress I've ever heard not know what that is.

That's cause you're from fucking Cali. You're talking about a waitress at a diner in the south, not some French Laundry type shit.

I've never heard of this poached egg outside of hearing it mentioned on TV once or twice.

And never knew what the fuck it was till you just told me.

Poached eggs are not regular food.

That's cause you're from fucking Cali. You're talking about a waitress at a diner in the south, not some French Laundry type shit.

I've never heard of this poached egg outside of hearing it mentioned on TV once or twice.

And never knew what the fuck it was till you just told me.

Poached eggs are not regular food.

That was precisely my point -- she didn't know what the fuck a poached egg was because in the south they like to deep fry everything in grease.

And you must not get out much if you really think poaching is "fancy" cooking. You break open an egg in water and boil it. That's it. Denny's or IHOP will poach for you.

Personally I prefer mine scrambled but I've gotten them poached a few times.