Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MrThree

Ceramics/Pottery Thread

Anybody get down with any ceramics? Sculpture, pottery, clay of any sort.....? I searched a little and didn't see an existing thread..... Heres a little of some recent stuff

P5100739.jpg

P5100727.jpg

P5100719.jpg

P4130602.jpg

P5100742.jpg

:sigh: I miss ceramics :( I took it for 2 years in college and really at first found my passion for it in highschool. I was going for a fine arts degree and it was going to be my major but life got fucked up for me and I didnt finish. Still a passion I just dont have the necessary tools. Howd you fire them yourself? You own a nice kiln of your own?

I have half a studio at home. Wheel and a small electric kiln. I usually get the work bisque fired, then transport it to school to glaze fire. i have a couple gas kilns and a pretty well stocked glaze room at my disposal there. This last semester I have made enough work to fire a couple kilns of my own stuff..... 60 pieces per firing give or take. Hope you get a chance to get back into it.

• Like 1

Thx guys, I have just started selling some of my stuff this last year. I am up for trades or whatever if thats what you were asking......

Its so sick to see pottery show up in your graff, its funny that you mentioned actually I have been looking for the combination in the other direction..... graff influence in ceramics. Which has been pretty hard to find.

About Teco Pottery

Teco Pottery InformationIn 1881, William Gates founded the Terra Cotta Tile Works. Gates initially produced terra-cotta bricks, drain tiles and pottery. The Teco pottery line was introduced in 1902. Teco exemplifies pottery of the "Praire School" arts and crafts movement of which Frank Lloyd Wright made so popular.

The Teco pottery line included over 500 designs by 1911. The exact ending date of Teco pottery is unknown. Ads and articles about Teco pottery have been found dating up to about 1923.

Teco Pottery is most famous for simple, matte green glazes which dominates over 90 percent of its pottery. Some of Teco's matte green glazes exhibit a charcoaling effect in the form of a metallic, black overglaze. Other successful Teco colors include brown, yellow, blue, pink and maroon.

While Teco's matte glazes are of consistent, high quality the true attraction of Teco pottery rests with the uniqueness and creativity of the various forms. Teco pottery forms are typically defined either as geometric, organic or architectural. The geometric forms with angular handles and buttresses are generally the most

picture_2.png

PA-Teco_Pottery-7piece-clr-new-02.jpg

I have a sister inlaw who is very into art deco, which it looks like this predates a little. Anyhow, she collects fuctonals stuff from this time, pitchers, pourers, etc. But all the stuff I have seen of hers must have been influenced by this stuff.... really amazing work.

this form..!

08sepd0011s.jpg

These are being released soon, thought they were pretty cool...

Dave Kinsey-

14-07-09_9-27-pm_79.27.255.229_kinsey-plate-03.jpg

Conor Harrington-

09-07-09_2-54-am_79.19.248.79_conor2.jpg

09-07-09_2-47-am_79.19.248.79_conor-ceramiche.jpg

Lucy Mclauchlan-

09-07-09_2-55-am_79.19.248.79_lucy-ceramiche.jpg

These are being released soon, thought they were pretty cool...

Dave Kinsey-

14-07-09_9-27-pm_79.27.255.229_kinsey-plate-03.jpg

Conor Harrington-

09-07-09_2-54-am_79.19.248.79_conor2.jpg

09-07-09_2-47-am_79.19.248.79_conor-ceramiche.jpg

Lucy Mclauchlan-

09-07-09_2-55-am_79.19.248.79_lucy-ceramiche.jpg

agreed to the fact that the art is good but when it comes to ceramics its about both surface treatment AND structure. The marvel at how beautiful the work is but also the craftsmanship. how the shape complements the color ....vice versa. out of all of those im most impressed with the last pic.

Register for a 12ozProphet forum account or sign in to comment

You need to be a forum member in order to comment. Forum accounts are separate from shop accounts.

Create an account

Register to become a 12ozProphet forum member.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now