Browser Wars

R@ndomH3ro

What Browser Do You Use?  

97 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I guess. I don't really know much about it. Someone suggested it, I dl'd it, and made a million bookmarks with it and haven't used much else since.

But I did get Firefox more recently so I could use the Cool Iris plugin. Its a really awesome image search plugin.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I had Cool Iris but it sucked RAM like nobody's business, and as far as I could tell all it was just a pretty news feeder so I got rid of it.

The plugins I use are Speed Dial, Secure Login, Chatzilla, Torbutton, Adblocker Plus, IP displayers (mine and the site I'm on), Gmail Notifier, a Youtube downloader, Fire Gestures and Noscript.

• 5 months later...
Opera or Firefox?

Who has used both or has only one? Which do you think is better?

I use Firefox but its been acting really shitty and slow so I tried Opera.

But sometimes Opera doesnt load all the way or it just hangs up. Other wise then that it seems a little faster.

What do you guys think?

I have all of those loaded on my computer (+ chrome and safari to) to use for checking browser compatibility for web design.

They all are good, IE6 was the only browser I'd say really sucks.

I'm on Firefox mainly though because I like the plugins.

i had to go out a buy a new computer today. i'm not feeling windows 7. i mean it's ok so far but, my scanner isn't compatible with it since canon does not make a driver for it. also i can't locate a 64 bit version of itunes and quicktime. it's little bullshit like that. yeah and what's up with no microsoft word in this shit...fuck! i hate having to start fresh!

any help would be appreciated.

i grabbed what they had. i didn't think it made a difference, in fact i thought it would be better. honestly, i don't even know the difference.

Yeah, I can see that. 64 bit sounds better, till you find out that half of the drivers and programs you need haven't caught up yet.

You can downgrade to 32 bit but if you have more than 4 GB of RAM it's not worth it.

yeah basically i have to wait till i get the right drivers, if ever or try to get a new printer and scanner. fantastic!

i have a canon printer and scanner. they list the driver for the printer but they don't have one for the scanner. i dl'ed the one for the printer but i'm still having issues. i've been able to get a lot of shit back, but it's still a pain. i think i have like 8 gb of ram, so i guess the downgrade is not worth it. it pays to be patient...next time (which will hopefully be another 6-8 years from now, like when i had my last real issues with my old computer.