kayne calls is future self gay

swineflu.

i was picing out pictures for the celebrity extranvaganza death thread

when i stubble accross this

http://images.google.com.au/imgres?imgurl=http://stuffqueerpeopleneedtoknow.files.wordpress.com/2009/02/kanye-west-400a071107.jpg&imgrefurl=http://stuffqueerpeopleneedtoknow.wordpress.com/2009/02/22/kanye-west-reinvents-the-word-gay-appreciates-rainbows/&usg=__BnzytI70ftVLMtllmgV7-v5iMPc=&h=400&w=400&sz=33&hl=en&start=7&um=1&tbnid=zwffvI6Jayn0GM:&tbnh=124&tbnw=124&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dkanye%2Bwest%26hl%3Den%26client%3Dfirefox-a%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla:en-US:official%26hs%3DKFh%26sa%3DG%26um%3D1

I was reading Radical Queer News and came across an article from Pink News that explains how Kanye West, hip-hop star and that guy that told former President Bush that he “hates black people,” is trying to reinvent the word “gay.” Warning: When reading the following direct quotations, hilarity may ensue.

Kanye said “that the term will be used in future as synonymous with fashionable and stylish.

“Speaking in an interview with Details, West said:

‘I like to embody titles or words that have negative connotations and explain why that’s good. Take the word gay. Like, in hip-hop, that’s a negative thing, right? But in the past two, three years, all the gay people I’ve encountered have been, like, really, really, extremely dope. I haven’t gone to a gay bar, nor do I ever plan to. But where I would talk to a gay person, the conversation would be mostly around art or design, it’d be really dope.

‘From a design standpoint, kids’ll say, “Dude, those pants are gay.” But if it’s good, good, good fashion-level, design-level stuff, where it’s on a higher level than the average commercial design stuff, it’s gay people that do that. I think that should be said as a compliment. Like,”‘Dude, that’s so good it’s almost gay.”‘

West has talked about his perception of gay men as fashion icons in the past, drawing speculation over his sexuality. He said in a statement: ‘Stereotypically gay people got such good [style] … they were smart enough to take a fresh-ass logo like the rainbow and say that it’s gonna be theirs.’”

You just let that all sink in.

And while I thank Kanye for his support and enthusiasm for the queer community, I don’t exactly think he will help the cause. I mean drawing on stereotypes that gays are snappy dressers, artists and designers isn’t exactly constructive, and his affinity for the rainbow is just plain hilarious.

But I suppose it could be worse: He could be saying negative things about queers, or maybe former President Bush could speak out on our behalf.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Actually I was listening to an interview he did about 3-4 years ago where he was first really blowing up, after college dropout, and he was going off on the use of "gay" and "fag" negatively in hip hop

I don't remember what was said particularly, but we came to the conclusion in office that he really meant "I sucked a few dicks when I was in art school and that's ok"

I mean it's none of my business how kanye rolls, more power to him

that nigga dont like fishsticks

he likes real dicks

swineflu you really need to learn to spell.

Kanye you really need to learn to fly

an ultralight aircraft

into the side of a building

it was 3 in the morning

as if your gonna dot the i's and cross the t's at that time

and oh yeah and Ive had to struggle with a little problem called dyslecsia my hole life so I'm sorry if my insomniac and cheap wine induced spelling problem doesn't match to your standards