So...

chopsticks

I found out today that a close friend of mine is losing his sight, has a disease, no cure for it.

Shits fucking horrid, can't imagine how him and his fam are feeling about this. He has more or less lost sight in one eye already, other eye will get worse over time.

We all spent the day with him just chilling n shit, but we all noticed so much stuff, just little things but still. He's putting on a brave face.

Its like waiting to die or something man.

Fucked up, hes only 19.

/Yesupset.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

One of my closest friends is diabetic, and never took care of himself. So at age 31, he started having issues with his sight, and went through 24 eye surgeries in the span of one year. At the end of that, he was 100% blind for a few months, then gradually got site back in one eye, but never to tip top shape. He said it was like looking through the bottom of a glass after you finish drinking milk. Then they gave him a prosthetic lens in his eyeball, and his vision went up to almost normal in his "good" eye.

I feel for your friend man. It's definitely hard to watch as a friend. I hope he can keep his spirits up some how.

yeah man, take him to see some cool shit, even just a place where nature is really beautiful. Sorry to hear that.

Theres new things that can do crazy shit like hook up a video camera directly to your optic nerve, so you can sort of see shit. But that probably costs a lot of money. It is very possible he will be able to see in the future from technology like this, if he or someone can cover it.

It sucks most def, don't feel too bad for him though and make it an uncomfortable silence type thing.

Plenty of blind people live better lives than half the loosers on this planet with sight.

It's going to suck but if your boy has watever it takes to make it through this he'll do allright.

Damn, thats horrible about your friend man.

I feel for your friend man. It's definitely hard to watch as a friend. I hope he can keep his spirits up some how.

I really noticed this today, it was like being with an elderly person or something man, just little things that happened throughout the day. We were out driving, and he had to pass the Ipod over to us when he wanted a song on cos he couldnt read the screen. Todays really fucking depressed me man.

Theres new things that can do crazy shit like hook up a video camera directly to your optic nerve, so you can sort of see shit. But that probably costs a lot of money. It is very possible he will be able to see in the future from technology like this, if he or someone can cover it.

Terminator?

Sorry dude.

That's fuckin' awful to hear my man. i can relate to what mercer's saying, i've worked in health care for quite a while at a very young age, and i have to say laughter's always the best medicine, not say i came home once in a while crying my fuckin' eyes right oot. i dunno if it's the best defence mechanism or if it actually helps more than anything, the funniest cunt i ever met, had both legs amputated above the knee, 9 fingers, and an ex smack head son who was a fuckin' raging alcholic. he knew he had fuck all to live for, but seeing that boy with a smile on his coupon was fuckin' inspiring. i promised myself that i'd never feel hard done by again after spending months with him.

Sorry to rattle on, but i'm pretty drunk.

I'd agree to make sure he sees things he'll never forget.

Find out if there are any charities towards his type of disease, or for young adults going blind. I don't know what kind of financial situations you and his relations are in, but what about starting a fund for him so he can travel or whatever he wants to do.

That's horrible to hear for your mate

keep your mates spirits up!

the first rave I ever went to some girls we met had a friend with them that was blind and they'd made a point that neither of them would be more than 4ft away at any time so they stuck right with her or held her hand or held on to a long scarf she had on her waist as they danced which I still think was really cool! So she'd always know they were right there in what might have been quite a confusing environment for her

So it's not the end of going out and stuff like that. it's just an adjustment.