Good Idea, or is this just the newest example of my lack of good judgement?

CONCRETE RIVER

do or dont?  

58 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Ok, so I live on the gulf coast and out front of my home is littered with these really cool uninhabited barrier islands with miles of sand dunes, deer, birds, etc. They also have the best surf around.

14noleh.jpg

et8io4.jpg

24edmdc.jpg

^The only problem is that its 2 hours boat ride to most of em.

2zhi0pf.jpg

http://www.popularmechanics.com/science/air_space/4219509.html

this is what im considering taking up being that its in my price range for sure. The problem is I have absolutley NO experience flying anything. So, Is this a lack in judgment to take somthing like this up just for leasure...being that I have zero experience in flying??

Looking for honest opinions...thanks

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if it was me.. id just get a boat ... a fast little boat... that way you can fish off of it .. dive off of it .. bring some hoes and shit drink some brews... dont gotta worry about crashing into the ocean after a few beers.. yea the water plane thing would be cool to have and fly but idk doesnt seem as practical.

if it was me.. id just get a boat ... a fast little boat... that way you can fish off of it .. dive off of it .. bring some hoes and shit drink some brews... dont gotta worry about crashing into the ocean after a few beers.. yea the water plane thing would be cool to have and fly but idk doesnt seem as practical.

^glad u brought this up. I do have a boat. The problem is that the days that the surf is at its best, its way too rough, you would capsize. The majority of my visits would be on these days.

IM NOT VOTING ON THIS SHIT YET EITHER.

WAIT, YOU LIVE OFF THE GULF

I ALSO LIVE NEAR THE GULF AND HAVE SPENT ALOT OF TIME THERE, I WOULD NEVER TRY TO FLY ONE OF THESE THINGS

IVE NEVER FLOWN SHIT BUT IF THE FIRST TIME IM FLYIN SOMETHIN AND TRYIN TO DO IT REGULARLY ITS NOT GONNA BE OVER A HUGE BODY OF WATER.

wind doesnt create waves, although i would think it might be hard to land.

20 miles is pretty fucking far to be flying over water. it would take atleast 45 minutes or so id imagine. thats a loooooooong time to be flying something when you dont really know how to fly.

having said that, im jealous as fuck and definitely buy that motherfucker if i lived out there. you can build your own island oasis. thats some bopset shit.

wind doesnt create waves, although i would think it might be hard to land.

20 miles is pretty fucking far to be flying over water. it would take atleast 45 minutes or so id imagine. thats a loooooooong time to be flying something when you dont really know how to fly.

having said that, im jealous as fuck and definitely buy that motherfucker if i lived out there. you can build your own island oasis. thats some bopset shit.

i know, that Oasis looks dope but i cant find what it retails for...

on a side note: the majority of the waves in the gulf are wind drivin. So on a typical day i would take flight would be a stiff 15mph-25mph onshore wind.:o

understandable but its easier to see further in the sky than on the boat. So if you were lost you got a better chance of getting home by the amount you can see. Im interested in this thread but I gotta work. Sheit more info later.

there isnt a NO option

flying is more complicated than you may think.

depending on the aircraft its illegal to fly without certification.

you also may need to get more than one certification. they aint cheap.... thousands of hours of classes......

since the FAA regs are federal, it would be a federal offense if you get busted.

just took a general aviation class for work. the FAA dont fuck around son.

Reader Comments (5)

take $4000 of that number and get a pilot's license. then, build a sonex for $25000.

How hard is it to obtain the licences now required by the FAA. and does the parasail version fall in the same catagory.

How about the M-Square. In florida do you have to get FAA approval to fly on water and hanger it on or near a dock. Val

^^^^