Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
watson

quite possibly the most informative comic ever

That seems to be the product of an imperialist war of capitalist aggression where the workers of one country were sent to fight the workers of another country. The use of this comic book format indicates that the military hierarchy thought their conscripts too dumb to understand a proper field manual.

Not to mention that the M-16's first deployed for use in Vietnam were prone to a myriad of problems. The most glaring one that I can remember is that at first the rifles were not even issued with a cleaning kit.

• Like 1

I got a few of these when I was a kid from a friend of the family who was in Vietnam. Good find.

cool illustration etc. but like cacashrefund said, who did they hand this out to? the retards in the unit?

I think they handed them out to everyone. There was a whole series of these comics...IIRC the ones I had were about stuff like uniforms, helmets, tents, and light ordnance. I don't think they were done by Will Eisner, though.

If I was a soldier in Vietnam, I would prefer this entertaining comic to a dry manual, I mean it does explain things after all.

cover.jpg

They still have those comics, I haven't seen one since I was a wee private in the Army.

They are filled with informative stuff, like how to order parts for vehicles and tips on how to maintain all types of military equipment.

Register for a 12ozProphet forum account or sign in to comment

You need to be a forum member in order to comment. Forum accounts are separate from shop accounts.

Create an account

Register to become a 12ozProphet forum member.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now