street punks with Hot Topic gift cards and trust funds.

Frate_Raper

Re: street punks with cell phones?

I wouldn't even go enough as to call those kids punks, or even crusties for that matter because they don't stand for shit.

Since when do you have to stand for anything to be a crust-punk?

That's what crust-punks are.

Drunken drug addicted hobos who hop freights and sleep in abandoned buildings or under bridges.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm soooo glad I'm upper-middle class, with 'hood experience after looking at this gayness.

Sooooo, uh, are they trying to prove how 'different' and 'poor' they are or something?

Because personally, I'm trying to floss the luxury sedan I'm boutsta' trade in for a Nissan Cube.

You kids nowadays...I just don't get you.

Poor kids trying to look rich.

Rick kids trying to look poor.

AmIrItE????

I dont understand it myself. I have plenty of punk friends from when I was in high school,and they were squatters,but not by choice at all. They were bonafide homeless teenagers doing what they had to do,and most of them would jump at the fact of having a stable home with food and a warm bed. They hate all of the suburbanite kids that choose to be homeless as opposed to stability,because other than the fact that it makes absolutely no fucking sense,a lot of the times they jump into that lifestyle because they are usually too lazy to get a job (or just dont feel like going to college with their college funds),they want to get away from mom and dad telling them that they need to do something with themselves,or they do it to further their pretentious and self righteous attitudes about how everyone in the world is a slave and they are unique and independent. I'm sorry,but the validity of someones argument about having it rough and being homeless goes completely out the fucking window when I learn that they choose that. That isnt having it rough,that,my friend,is called stupidity.

most of these kids are complete shitheads. I remember back when I was still politically active in the radical left, the city was trying to pass some really ridiculous by-laws to curb all the squegee kids. There was a kid we worked with that knew most of the squegees so we helped him put some posters and flyers together for a protest for them. We brought it all over to them, and they completely refused to accept any of the stuff. They said they didnt want any "outside interference" and changed the date of the protest to render all our stuff useless. When the new date came I passed by the plaza and there were TWO kids there. thats it. turns out there was some squat party the night before and most of them got so shitfaced they were still asleep when the protest rolled around. that was the end of any respect I had for these kids.

This sounds about right. I've lived this life- traveling, living in punk houses/squats, being homeless, activism, hitting dumpsters, working/eating at Food Not Bombs, being a waste case...there's a few other people on here that have been there too. There's some good people out there and some real shitheads, there's some people that are making moves and doing good things and there's others are sitting around and not doing much of anything...it's not any different from any other lifestyle or scene.

But I can tell you this- there are punks that get shit done and they don't think much of the ones that sit on the corner with their pit bulls panhandling to get spacebags.

Since when do you have to stand for anything to be a crust-punk?

That's what crust-punks are.

Drunken drug addicted hobos who hop freights and sleep in abandoned buildings or under bridges.

when I think Crust punks I think of bands like Nausea, Doom, His Hero is Gone, etc.

Even though for the most part they are homeless junkies, at least they do something productive and contribute to a culture, and stand for something political (even though for the most part I'm not into the extremist anarchist politics, and I think it can get pretty ridiculous) they are doing something, rather than nodding out and being human waste all the time.

I'm not trying to hijack this thread with my own sad stories, but I know I've seen more in life than most of these fucks have and all I wanna do is live a dope life full of fun and merchandise.

I'm just saying.

Seems like people try too hard these days.

I never wanted to be a "punk" or even knew what that meant growing up but I stole food to survive. Kicked ass for territory and made things happen by any means necessary. Seems like this scene is playing a gay ass version of what people in the REAL inner city live day to day.

Must be nice to do it until you've had enough then run home to mommy and daddy. I never had that option.

But I can tell you this- there are punks that get shit done and they don't think much of the ones that sit on the corner with their pit bulls panhandling to get spacebags.

Definitely! The FNB here had a few. Thats why you know 9 times out of 10 if a crusty/squegee/punk kid is hitting you up for spare change he's probably not one of them.

when I think Crust punks I think of bands like Nausea, Doom, His Hero is Gone, etc.

Even though for the most part they are homeless junkies, at least they do something productive and contribute to a culture, and stand for something political (even though for the most part I'm not into the extremist anarchist politics, and I think it can get pretty ridiculous) they are doing something, rather than nodding out and being human waste all the time.

fashion and music are their politics. someone could have identical political views as they do,but if they dont look the part and listen to the music,they are not accepted. They are probably the most elitist and non inclusive group of people that are in existence. I find it interesting that such a large group of "independent" thinkers all look and act exactly the fucking same. They participate in the herd mentality more so than the yuppies they rebel against. Comedy......

• Like 1

You're confusing crust punks with bands.

Actual crust punks are basically just squater junkies/drunks who could really give a fuck about politics, even though they sometimes pretend to.

Real Anarchists hate politics and just want to do their thing.

Don't take this the wrong way, but you sound kinda young. Like you're into the punk rock "scene" and all that.

These dudes probably laugh at people like you just like we're laughing at them.

The only scene they're really into is begging for change, getting fucked up, hopping trains and living like scavengers.

And being skumbags in general.

And I'm willing to bet that they consider themselves and their lifestyle more "punk" than kids who go to shows every weekend "supporting the scene".

Not siding with these douchebags, just sayin.

As far as someone dropping out and pursuing this lifestyle voluntarily, if you think about it there's very little difference between that and graffiti or hip hop or what have you if you're a white kid who's lived in the suburbs and never had to steal to survive, etc. I mean, I started writing graff by choice because I got interested in it, not because I was some oppressed black kid living in the ghetto and it was the only outlet for my creativity. Granted, I didn't exactly have it easy growing up but that has nothing to do with why I catch tags.

However, plenty of writers I've met over the years have tried to sell me that whole personal history revision bullshit scenario, only to have me find out later that they grew up in a split level in the hills, got a 3.5 in high school and their parents were still married.

Plus, alot of those squaterpunks are just angry middle-upper class runaway suburban kids playing homeless cause they're mad at mommy and daddy.

They go on their little tour of crust, get hooked on dope, hit rock bottom then come home to rehab and their college fund.

I wouldn't lump most of them into that lot, but there's a good amount of them that fall into that category.

^exactly..

thats why i spit on them.. and they dont do shit.

fashion and music are their politics. someone could have identical political views as they do,but if they dont look the part and listen to the music,they are not accepted. They are probably the most elitist and non inclusive group of people that are in existence. I find it interesting that such a large group of "independent" thinkers all look and act exactly the fucking same. They participate in the herd mentality more so than the yuppies they rebel against. Comedy......

I know a lot of kids who are real elitist snobs, but at the same time I know a lot of kids who dress the part, who are really nice and accepting people.

I had to throw quite a few assholes out of places I've stayed at who would immediately pull the "dude, why are you fucking oppressing me" card when they got called out on their bullshit. Well, when you want to get wasted and start shit with people who live in my house, or hit your girlfriend, or when your dog bites one of my roommates and you won't muzzle him, or I catch you smoking crack on my stoop...FUCK YOU, you're fucking with us and stressing us out and that's why you're assed out. Not because I'm a fascist, but because you're an alcoholic asshole...which is probably why you can't hold on to a job or a place to live.

As I said before, you find these guys in EVERY scene. And I treat them all the same..

You're confusing crust punks with bands.

Actual crust punks are basically just squater junkies/drunks who could really give a fuck about politics, even though they sometimes pretend to.

Real Anarchists hate politics and just want to do their thing.

Don't take this the wrong way, but you sound kinda young. Like you're into the punk rock "scene" and all that.

These dudes probably laugh at people like you just like we're laughing at them.

The only scene they're really into is begging for change, getting fucked up, hopping trains and living like scavengers.

And being skumbags in general.

And I'm willing to bet that they consider themselves and their lifestyle more "punk" than kids who go to shows every weekend "supporting the scene".

Not siding with these douchebags, just sayin.

I'll say this, I'm over 18 and under 21. I go to shows when I can, but I don't dress in the punk style per say, I wear band shirts and for the most part that's it. And I could really care less about what some dirty squatter thinks of me. Because for me, the people that matter, are the people who contribute.

I'll say this, I'm over 18 and under 21. I go to shows when I can, but I don't dress in the punk style per say, I wear band shirts and for the most part that's it. And I could really care less about what some dirty squatter thinks of me. Because for me, the people that matter, are the people who contribute.

Why you trying to prove yourself to me?

I'm not one of these dudes.

how to not live in society like a real man, no money, no taxes, no government, dude did it like a dude.

alone in the wilderness. more punk then being punk

There's no such thing as owning a house without paying taxes.

When the forest rangers wherever this dude is at see's that shit he's getting the boot and that cabin is coming down.

Not siding with Uncle Sam, just sayin though.

NAH I SEEN SOME LOUIS THEROUX OR WHATEVER THAT NERDS NAME IS DOCUMENTARY ON THAT SHIT

THERES CASEK TYPES LIVIN OFF THE GRID IN MONTANA OR SOME SHIT.

If so then they're squating and can get the boot at any time.

I'm sure there's still spots in Montana where they can remain hidden for the most part, but everything that isn't privately owned is government owned.

there's no such thing anymore as legally being able to just chop down some trees and build yourself a house for free.

At least not in the US.

Shit, you'd probably get cased up just for chopping down the trees.

I THINK ITS SOME KINDA COMMUNITY THAT ISNT PAYING TAXES AND ITS PRIVATE LAND, I DONT THINK THEYRE PAYING THE PROPERTY TAXES, I KNOW THEY DONT HAVE LICENSES OR INSURANCE AND THEIR KIDS DONT HAVE SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBERS

IMA LOOK FOR THE LINK, ITS A GOOD WATCH AND NOT TOO LONG

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4KIrb_ASPuw

IM PRETTY SURE THATS THE ONE

THEYRE ALL GOOD AND IF ITS NOT YOULL PROBABLY WATCH IT AND TAKE IT UPON YOURSELF TO FIND IT HAHA