OFFICIAL NBA 2009-2010 THREAD....................

Poesia [ ] T

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great games by both Garnett and Pierce, Rondo was decent and is probably my fav. player him or Pierce. Bryant had an epic 3rd quarter but that was about it, his teamates need to shoot and score but I guess that is their gameplan let Kobe try to hit impossible shots all game.

I think Boston has got this better team play.

rondo was making really impressive shots throughout the game. if you caught what phil jackson said " celtics are a good team, but they are also good at losing on the 4th quarter", celtics showed how true of a statement that could be, they were slipping towards the last couple of minutes..but it seems like they caught their mistakes and kept pushing forward..

i think the only way they will win game 6 is if they stick with their player defensively like they did..especially the way they were defending kobe on all the shots..

also, lakers (artest) were giving the celtics fouls left to right, we'll see how the refs call it in L.A.

Celtics.

^^ i've heard people say the exact opposite, and have also seen the celtics pull the win out of their asses in the 4th though.. it all depends.

Yup. Even though the Celtics weren't a great home team this year, I can definitely say they have a distinct home court advantage. The Garden has got to be one of, if not THE, best place to watch live basketball, that place gets insane

cosigned, the garden is a great fuckin time, its probably because people here fuckin LIVE for sports. it was funny years ago when kobe was under heat for that rape shit and the lakers came to town there would be "RRAAAAPIIIISSSSTT" chants all night long. that shit had to piss him off haha.

i was working in this warehouse a couple years ago and the owners would have a drawing here and there and give away their season tickets for a game.. first row right above the floor with all the businemen and their wives and clients and shit.. shit was the fuckin BEST. people always loved us too cause it'd be 4 idiots, cocked before the 2nd period, getting handed drinks left and right, amongst a bunch of people who forget what fun is like..

when bruins and canadians play shit gets crazy.. bus loads of kids from montreal who come to boston to almost do nothing more than start fights with bruins fans.. i have friends that WILL NOT miss a montreal game, they'd cut your throat to get tickets if they had to ha.

shit gets fun at the garden.

What about Perkins vs Artest?

CHILL PERKINS FACE LOOK LIKE ONE OF THEM EASTER ISLAND STATUES B. THEO IS THE PHOTOSHOP DON, MAKE IT HAPPEN...AND YO MY SON RON IS FROM QB, DONT SLEEP ON HIM B. IF YOU FIGHT HIM 1D AND EVEN COME CLOSE TO WINNIN LAKE IS COMIN TO SHOOT YOUR BLOCK UP.

id be shocked to see the lakers win this series now. i love watching the best teams in sport play, and boston. is the better team, as iv said from the begining.

whoever is responsible for assembling the celtics from like 4 years or so ago knows what the fuck there doing, and doc rivers is the man.

but ya, shit id love to get out to boston sooner than later. never been. sports town extrodinaire like whoa.

On another note, during the pre game shoot around Paul Pierce punked a Lakers fan so hard. You know that sand nigger with loud ass yellow shoes and the throw back Kobe jersey that was sitting to the right of the Celtics bench, court side? During warm up he was yelling at Paul Pierce while he was launching half court shots. Pierce ball faked right at his face and that towel head flinched so hard he almost fell back three rows. After that the kid was still talking shit all game. In the end, homeboy looked so depressed. For me, i think one of biggest pay offs when the C's beat the Lakers is seeing the look on the disappointed fans faces.

The whole Artest/Ariza thing, I think the Lakers should have grabbed Artest, kept Ariza and dealt Odum.

Ariza is much more of an offensive threat than Odum, and Artest and Ariza are also pretty solid defenders.

I really don't see too many positives in keeping a streaky player like Odum. Sure he's a mismatch for a lot of players, but seriously how often does the guy even take advantage of that?

Kobe was all shook up. Phil and Kobe clearly lost faith in the rest of the team at half time. Every play ran to Kobe, instead of through Kobe. The rest of them honestly believed in their little heart of hearts that Bryant was going to beat the Celtics on his own.

Bring on G6. I'm worried about the adjustment to the aforementioned leaning on Kobe - but I still think the better team lives in Boston.

Time now to prove it.

Odom COULD BE one of the best players in the league, but unfortunately he's a perfect example of wasted talent.

However, even being as streaky as he is, he still averages a double double off the bench, which is hard to beat

Could of, would of, should of. Lets start a huge discussion about Len Bias now that you brought this up.

T;7454780']Celtics in 7

You are an idiot. A complete idiot. A village idiot. Moron asshole. Dumb dummy. Stupid person. I am punching my arm at your stupidity.

Celtics in 6 You fucking ass dumb fuck ass idiot ass hole!!!!!!!!!!

One reason the Lakers have been faulty is due to Bynum's injury. When he's on defense he clogs up the middle and the Celtics second-chance points drop.

On offense, he keeps the defense closed in allowing for perimeter shooters to have a field day. If the defense doesn't close in, Bynum will go off for 20 or more points (as he did in Game 1).

Also, Kenny Smith made a faulty analogy by saying Artest is not worse than Ariza, because Ariza couldn't contain Pierce in the '08 Finals. Trevor Ariza was injured & did not play at all in the Finals in '08. People keep saying that the '08 Lakers weren't as tough as the Lakers now. People seem to forget that the Lakers played in the Finals in '08 without 2 of its starters.