OFFICIAL NBA 2009-2010 THREAD....................

Poesia [ ] T

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This faggot is extremely UMAD :lol:

I can't even have serious discussions with people about sports when they're so absolutely blinded by their fandom that they can't actually think. I've got so many retarded people ranting to me about how the Celtics are gonna just roll over LA, it's ridiculous.

It's gonna be a good, hard series, but I see the Lakers taking it in 6, maybe 7. Both teams are playing great ball, but while the Celtics are the same team from 08 (granted Rondo is better than he was), the Lakers have greatly improved at SF (Artest over Radmanovic), and have Bynum (who may be hurt, but didn't play period in 08)

(granted Rondo is better than he was), the Lakers have greatly improved at SF (Artest over Radmanovic), and have Bynum (who may be hurt, but didn't play period in 08)

Huh? You mean Ariza? Ariza was the first option over Radmanovic. Honestly I often think it'd have been better to keep Ariza instead of getting Artest.

But the way Artest played in Game 6 made me think otherwise.

But he sucked in Game 3, 4, and 5 (with the exception of that last second shot).

ept_sports_nba_experts-787452238-1275317141.jpg?ymV.VODDZB7AkAtT

Surely one of the best things about being phenomenally rich is the ability to make significant wagers on insignificant events without thinking twice. Sure, sometimes things get out of hand like the entire Gilbert Arenas(notes) fiasco or when Charles Oakley slapped 90 percent of NBA players for owing him money in the mid-1990s, but it's usually all in good fun. Heck, even Arenas knows how to enjoy it, as his one-handed 3-point contest for $20,000 with DeShawn Stevenson(notes) was one of the things that made the Internet love him way back in 2007.

So when TrueHoop's Chris Sheridan reports that Mickael Pietrus(notes) won some money after a season-long bet with Dwight Howard(notes), Rashard Lewis(notes) and Jameer Nelson(notes), it's not a huge surprise. However, the bet he won is both surprising and awesome — he didn't cut his hair all year.

You may have noticed that Orlando forward Mickael Pietrus was wearing his hair long, and he had good reason to. Back in training camp, a $17,000 wager was placed on whether Pietrus could last an entire season without a haircut. (The losing bettors were Rashard Lewis, Dwight Howard and Jameer Nelson, and let's just say that they were in for widely differing sums).

"Easy money," Pietrus told me back in February when I first inquired about his unkempt coif.

Getting $17,000 for a nine-month span of no haircuts? Sign me up. I grew a beard for three months just so you guys could have some laughs at my headshot — that should have been worth at least a couple thousand bucks.

And the deal was even sweeter for Pietrus. Yep, sweeter than $17,000 for growing his hair out, if you can even imagine it. After not having long hair for 20 years, Pietrus realized how much he likes having a 'fro. As anyone with curly hair can tell you, finding a second haircut that you like is one of the best feelings in the world. Lucky guy.

Oh yeah, that's right you were talking about the 08 Finals... still, Ariza was more agile, and faster than Artest. I put Ariza's scoring about on par with Artest, and as far as defense goes, both are good... Ariza definitely averages more steals but Artest may be a more all-around defensive body & presence against the opposing offense.

ept_sports_nba_experts-787452238-1275317141.jpg?ymV.VODDZB7AkAtT

Surely one of the best things about being phenomenally rich is the ability to make significant wagers on insignificant events without thinking twice. Sure, sometimes things get out of hand like the entire Gilbert Arenas(notes) fiasco or when Charles Oakley slapped 90 percent of NBA players for owing him money in the mid-1990s, but it's usually all in good fun. Heck, even Arenas knows how to enjoy it, as his one-handed 3-point contest for $20,000 with DeShawn Stevenson(notes) was one of the things that made the Internet love him way back in 2007.

So when TrueHoop's Chris Sheridan reports that Mickael Pietrus(notes) won some money after a season-long bet with Dwight Howard(notes), Rashard Lewis(notes) and Jameer Nelson(notes), it's not a huge surprise. However, the bet he won is both surprising and awesome — he didn't cut his hair all year.

You may have noticed that Orlando forward Mickael Pietrus was wearing his hair long, and he had good reason to. Back in training camp, a $17,000 wager was placed on whether Pietrus could last an entire season without a haircut. (The losing bettors were Rashard Lewis, Dwight Howard and Jameer Nelson, and let's just say that they were in for widely differing sums).

"Easy money," Pietrus told me back in February when I first inquired about his unkempt coif.

Getting $17,000 for a nine-month span of no haircuts? Sign me up. I grew a beard for three months just so you guys could have some laughs at my headshot — that should have been worth at least a couple thousand bucks.

And the deal was even sweeter for Pietrus. Yep, sweeter than $17,000 for growing his hair out, if you can even imagine it. After not having long hair for 20 years, Pietrus realized how much he likes having a 'fro. As anyone with curly hair can tell you, finding a second haircut that you like is one of the best feelings in the world. Lucky guy.

aw9wds.jpg

I have been having these crazy ass dreams about Ray Allen losing his footing while guarding Kobe Bryant and him draining shots all day. I can't wait until this series is over so i can get some decent sleep. I am a fucking wreck. I feel like resorting to drugs right now.

I have been having these crazy ass dreams about Ray Allen losing his footing while guarding Kobe Bryant and him draining shots all day. I can't wait until this series is over so i can get some decent sleep. I am a fucking wreck. I feel like resorting to drugs right now.

Dreaming about ray allen = pretty homo:o

How are you a Laker fan in Boston anyways?

I'm not from Boston, or even Mass. Providence, RI.

That said, most people around here DO grow up Celtics fans. I grew up a Lakers fan. No reason really, just when I was 9 or 10 and started watching ball seriously, I liked the Lakers. Nick Van Exel, Eddie Jones, Shaq, but most importantly the emergence of Kobe, I was just into it.

Now that I think about it, it probably had alot to do with NBA Courtside 98 for N64.