I just enlisted in the marine corps..

northside writer

Reasons to join the marines: Free cash when you dont even work, free money for college, pay raises for completing college, cheap and totally amazing healthcare for life and your family's lives, free room and board on base, girls SWOON over you, skydiving, shooting guns, career opportunities like woah, etc.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reasons to join the marines: Free cash when you dont even work, free money for college, pay raises for completing college, cheap and totally amazing healthcare for life and your family's lives, free room and board on base, girls SWOON over you, skydiving, shooting guns, career opportunities like woah, etc.

you forgot...KILLING PEOPLE WITH YOUR BARE HANDS AND WATCHING THE LIFE DRAIN FROM THEIR EYES!!!

I think I just got a boner

i'm fat and sort of old but i am still thinking of going fully active in the army. psyops or intelligence. with my degree i can enter in as an e4 i think. i need to drop some weight though. sitting online, talking on here isn't helping that though.

I have been seriously looking into going to airforce officer school just to handle my student loans

you might want to look into that, my dad works in kuwait (sp) and says EVERYONE who signs up for any branch either ends up working guard duty in Iraq or in Afghanistan

even navy guys trained to work a controll deck on a nuclear sub get rented out to

the army

Pretty much everyone who isn't in air force officer training can and probably will have this happen to them, because air force officers are so tehnical and in relatively short supply that's about the only place where you don't end up on guard/convoy duty

I have been seriously looking into going to airforce officer school just to handle my student loans

you might want to look into that, my dad works in kuwait (sp) and says EVERYONE who signs up for any branch either ends up working guard duty in Iraq or in Afghanistan

even navy guys trained to work a controll deck on a nuclear sub get rented out to

the army

Pretty much everyone who isn't in air force officer training can and probably will have this happen to them, because air force officers are so tehnical and in relatively short supply that's about the only place where you don't end up on guard/convoy duty

not if you dont volunteer...

the army

i am too old for the AF at this point, which sucks since they were my first choice. i can still do AF reserves, but if i'm going in, i'm going in. the army has the most practical age restrictions and they actually have a few MOS's that sound appealing.

you just signed up to be the rich mans bitch. congrats nigga.

plus 90% of niggas come back tryin to comit suicide and shit. that could just be this generation pussy ass kids. or it could be chemical agents you gonna inhale thatll fuck your brain up.

for a rich mans war.

anyone who works for any privately or even publicly owned company is a rich man/men's bitch, and in almost all of those instances you don't get free benefits and room and board, or guns.

anyone who works for any privately or even publicly owned company is a rich man/men's bitch, and in almost all of those instances you don't get free benefits and room and board, or guns.

But at least you get to go home at the end of the day.

In one piece.

And without having to kill/shoot at people who are shooting at you.

You also have the option to quit if you don't like your job.

But at least you get to go home at the end of the day.

In one piece.

And without having to kill/shoot at people who are shooting at you.

You also have the option to quit if you don't like your job.

you are 100% correct. but that is why people who join the military know (or should know) that those options don't apply to them while they are "under contract". that shit is definitely not cut out for everyone but than again, neither is sitting in a cubicle or standing behind a register all day.

the rich man hooks me up and am livin better than i have in my entire life. and i just broke my hand, had to get surgery.. and i'll never pay a dime for it. doesn't seem real stupid to me.

Yeah sounds good until you get hit by an IED and your hands get blown off, and then you get shipped back to the US where you sit in a dark apartment every night crying because you cant even leave the fucking house, and then you dream about that day when you got hit by the IED and your buddy had blood shooting out of his eyes and ears and you remember your bloody red stumps of hands.

Just watch out for them IEDs buddy.

Sorry, i'm just bitter because i can never join the USMC and i am extremely jealous of you. I wanted to go out for OCS next summer however i was informed by recruiters that i would not pass the Pulmonary function test due to my terrible lungs. fucking sucks, i wish i could join the corps. i guess i will have to accept my lame life as a dealer of narcotics and a graffiti vandal.

You should read "One Bullet Away" by Nathaniel Fick, who was a officer in Recon during the invasion of Iraq in 2003, good read about what you may be facing. He says that many marines feel alone when they are back in the states, without their buddies watching over them with NVGs and Bushmaster cannons atop LAVs.

maybe that's what you're destiny is. get shot at in a desert. have phun.

ever wonder why you never see politicians and military leaders on the front lines? that's because you are expendable. they don't care about you. go fight for their ever changing cause. tomorrow there will be a new reason conjured up to envoke fear into the hearts of impressionable, indigent people... they'll send all of their youth to die just to keep status quo.

take pride in yourself. go kill because you want to, not to "get by" and pay bills. life's too short.

but i guess, if this doesn't make sense to you, it's better for me. least im not the dummy following orders with sand in my ass crack.

peace.

you are 100% correct. but that is why people who join the military know (or should know) that those options don't apply to them while they are "under contract". that shit is definitely not cut out for everyone but than again, neither is sitting in a cubicle or standing behind a register all day.

as i sit in my cubicle, i realize that my fate is no different than that of a common war hero. except it's air conditioned.

• Like 1

have fun shooting niggas in the head and coming back with PTSD and then the army dissowning you and not being able to find a job in this fucked economy resorting to selling dope getting caught and while in jail gettin hooked on black tar heroine...........then dying