I just enlisted in the marine corps..

northside writer

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As of july first i will be a enlisted recruit in the united states marine corps..

an questions or comments will be answered and i plan on updating this as much as possible with pictures or comments..

thought itd be time to stop lurking and start contributing..

good luck, stay safe...

try and keep us updated and post as many photos as you can.

I was thinking of doing the same thing.

My options have been limited and I've just been leaning more and more towards enlisting.

Basically same message as everyone else. Stay safe, and keeping us updated along the process with pictures and descriptions of your experience would be nice.

Good luck.

stay safe and remember this:

never follow orders that you know are morally wrong or unconstitutional.

some reading material for you

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&ct=res&cd=1&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.fee.org%2Fpdf%2Fbooks%2FThe_Law.pdf&ei=_aRCSpWoL57KtgfszeiXCQ&rct=j&q=the+law+bastiat+pdf&usg=AFQjCNGFkUPwht58XFIwWC_WuJ9SMY9-aQ

when you take the oath, remember it.

http://oath-keepers.blogspot.com/

one more thing: HOOOOAHHHH!

My biological dad and four of my friends are marines so I can tell you you're in for a special treat at boot camp. Prepare to walk 80 miles through the desert in one day, have your teeth knocked out by drill sergeants with the butt of a gun, and generally treated like the shit maggot you are.

Nice thing tho is you get TONS of training before you get shipped out. My friend's been a marine since he was 18. Now he's 21 and going to be shipped out in 2012.

Im in the market for those 100 liter rucksacks they give you in the marines. Holla if you got one for sale.

Also marines are awesome people to go to vegas with. They understand the concept of "live for today" and go through SO MUCH dough it's un fucking believable.

good luck. i've been in the service for about three and a half years. before i came in i did a lot of research and found out that you couldn't get me to be a jarhead...ever. some time later i feel very content with my decision. just look at which branches give you the most as far as making rank and money as an enlisted person. and dont listen to recruiters. seriously.

I was all ready to call you an idiot when I clicked on this thread, but then I remembered that I'm a grown ass man who still writes on walls.

I don't think I'll ever understand why somebody would want to voluntarily join the military (much less the Marines) during times like this though.

Have fun kicking in doors and blasting civilians in the face, I guess.

And watch out for those roadside bombs.