FIFA Confederations Cup 09

Gnarly Sheen

I searched soccer, football, and confederation cup... no thread. But after the game today it DEFIANTLY deserves a thread.

Just watched US beat Spain 2 - 0

Hopefully US will bring it all the way, but not to be a pessimist... I can't deny that i'm doubtful they can even though we just took out the #1 team.

Picture7-6.png

Picture10-4.png

Picture9-4.png

Picture12-1.png

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Apparently we played very well vs Italy too.

I don't follow Soccer at all up until the World Cup where I usually tune in. I think it's funny because I hate watching Baseball on TV but for some reason Soccer which could be much less eventful depending on the match really doesn't bother me at all. I actually enjoy the games.

I think it comes down to the fact that I respected the kids that played Soccer while I was in school. Conditioning is crazy.

Perhaps I'll actually even see a U.S. team win it in my lifetime, which up until last year I would have never thought it possible.

Quite a surprise. USA played very well in the first half then defended well against a tide of Spanish pressure in the second, but still got a second goal on the break. It's been a weird tournament throughout.

I'd imagine Brazil will beat South Africa to get though to the final so seeing as they beat the US 3 - 0 in the groups stages I'd have them to win. But games like tonight show that anything can happen.

Here's the football thread: http://www.12ozprophet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=102437&highlight=chelsea

Perhaps we're getting our soccer act together?

I just remember a bunch of old, slow, washed up MLS dudes playing, but we got cats on this squad who play in European leagues. Having that experience is a major plus. Where the hell is Adu at? He was a killer in the under-21 thing last year or whatever, and now he plays for Benfica, one of the best Portuguese clubs.