CHEESE STEAK ARGUMENT THREAD: ITS BACK!

Soup

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: CHEESE STEAK ARGUMENT THREAD: ITS OFFICIALLY SUPER GAY

For the record I will actually cosign with DAO here.

Shit just tends to be best where it originates. Tell me Chinese food here is the same as in China...I mean any retard can cook rice and fry shit up in wok right? It might be good elsewhere...but not the same.

I know dude's easy and fun to argue with but Christ...can't you all ever let one fucking thing go?

Still can't believe this has turned into a 7 page clusterfuck, I probably shouldn't even be dropping my two cents but whatever...

• Like 1

For the record I will actually cosign with DAO here.

Shit just tends to be best where it originates. Tell me Chinese food here is the same as in China...I mean any retard can cook rice and fry shit up in wok right? It might be good elsewhere...but not the same.

I know dude's easy and fun to argue with but Christ...can't you all ever let one fucking thing go?

Still can't believe this has turned into a 7 page clusterfuck, I probably shouldn't even be dropping my two cents but whatever...

the thing is Chinese food here is completely different recipes compared to traditional chinese food. Not only that, if you know where to go, you can get some official chinsese food outside of china. JUST LIKE WITH A CHEESE STEAK. A cheese steak is the same recipe no matter where (if you are doing it right) and the only thing that fucks it up is the cooking method, which was INVENTED in philly, but has no restrictions to staying in philly.

Re: CHEESE STEAK ARGUMENT THREAD: ITS OFFICIAL

Of course anybody can put chopped meat on bread with some cheese,

but it aint going to taste the same if they don't know what they're doing or use the right shit you dumb fuck.

That's why "Philly steak and cheese" that you can order somewhere in every city in America is fucking garbage.

Jesus fucking christ you're stupid.

True story I had a "Philly Cheesesteak" in Japan a few years ago.

the thing is Chinese food here is completely different recipes compared to traditional chinese food. Not only that, if you know where to go, you can get some official chinsese food outside of china. JUST LIKE WITH A CHEESE STEAK. A cheese steak is the same recipe no matter where (if you are doing it right) and the only thing that fucks it up is the cooking method, which was INVENTED in philly, but has no restrictions to staying in philly.

THIS. chinese food is an entire different style of food, duh no americans will be able to do it justice. its a different cooking style, requiring different ingredients, methods, etc. however, a cheesesteak is a SANDWICH, requiring MEAT and CHEESE.

• Like 1

Yeah, I hear you, and I'm aware that there's a difference between Chinese and Americhinese recipes; I was using that as a douchey overgeneralized example ha.

I'm just saying that you can get a cheese steak anywhere but if you really want a "legit" one the only place you're gonna get it is in Philly in a tried and true spot. Atmosphere plays almost as much a part as the sandwich you're buying.

But that's just me, and I know that in Channel Zero's opinionated shootout someone will think it's retarded. All I can say is I think you're retarded too.

all i'm saying is that if i had the exact same ingredients as some legit cheesesteak wizard in philly, they would most likely taste the same.

someone should make a god damn blind fold cheese steak challenge, like the pepsi coke one. Then they will find out there IS a difference because in philly they jiz on your cheese steak.

yes, but those require talent. this is just a fucking sandwich.

You're a fucking 17 year old from California.

You've never even been to philly much less ever had a cheesesteak.

You're arguing about shit that you have no idea what the fuck you're talking about.

You're a fucking moron.

Today at work I took an impossibly huge shit, like the kind that claws at the cage until you release it into the wild. I was proud of it because it wouldn't go down one of those industrial type toilets that are meant to take a beating, feel bad for whoever went in next. The funny thing is I had weighed myself before work and when I went home I weighed myself again for the hell of it and I swear I dropped a few pounds.

You're a fucking 17 year old from California.

You've never even been to philly much less ever had a cheesesteak.

You're arguing about shit that you have no idea what the fuck you're talking about.

You're a fucking moron.

:lol: :lol: :lol: i'm from california?

no but seriously, now i'm intrigued. give specific examples as to what exactly happens to a philly cheesesteak IN philly and nowhere else that makes it so delicious. what makes it SO hard that no one else in the world can recreate a fucking sandwich?

SPECIFIC, mind you. not some of your "common knowledge" bullshit :lol:

I've had plenty of cheesesteaks outside of philly that were EXACTLY the same as a cheesesteak from any given spot in philly. Its not too tough. granted, some spots are going to fuck with the basic idea or try to add their own twist on it, but plenty of places across the country have figured out the philly science of making a really basic sandwich.

I notice cheesesteaks outside of Philly look neater and more like sandwiches -- sliced bread, steakums, sliced onions, and sometimes lettuce & tomato.

The cheesesteaks in Philly looks like a sloppy, long breadbowl filled with greasy meat with nacho cheese poured on top.

I've had plenty of cheesesteaks outside of philly that were EXACTLY the same as a cheesesteak from any given spot in philly. Its not too tough. granted, some spots are going to fuck with the basic idea or try to add their own twist on it, but plenty of places across the country have figured out the philly science of making a really basic sandwich.

THIS