sk2f mixer question

FROSTY

ya so i got a question about my new sk2f mixer. why the fuk dosnt the fader work. it did for a bit and then my dad was lookin at it. i get back from the shitter and now i can hear both tables at the same time through the mixer but i cant cut either of them off.

holly shit i thought this mixer was half decent. maybe my dad just messed around with the buttons. no probably not. holler!

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

its normal very normal it seems like a waste of money dont it!! well i had the same problem a week ago and called prosound and ordered a new fader the focus fader...at the end of the call the guy told me when the fader begins to do that to spray some audio tuner it NOT WD-40 THAT ATTRACTS DUST AND BUILDS DIRT so go to radio shack buy some audio tuner spray for electronics and the fader is back to normal.. well after i ordered the focus fader i proceeded to try the spray method and wam bam thank you man he fuken fixed my thought to be old fader now i have 2 perfectlly faders!!!! this only works good for stanton faders i noticed that the gemini and vestax faderes when doing this well no way around it you have to buy a new one...

Originally posted by boogie hands

shit mixers do that....sorry

Boogie, the SK2F is FAR from a shit mixer man. It's by no means the best but far from the Numark/Gemini end of the mixer scale.

Frosty, I think the SK2F came with the Focus Fader didn't it ? They had a heap of problems with those and consequently Focus has bought out the FFader II which is a much improved version. Did your Dad have the mixer open playing with the circuitry ? If not check your hampster switches etc and your wiring (sounds dumb but you'd be surprised) other than that take that shit back. They won't be suprised when you lob up with a busted fader after only 2 weeks..

Man, if Spree were here he could spread muuuuuch knowledge on the Stanton mixers and FFaders. Dude is a fucken genuis..

out.

ya man i opend er up and all the wires are connected. i think im gonna call the store tommorow and see whats rong.

whell it was a great mixer for the 2 hours i got to fuck around with it but the fact that it broke the first day kinda makes me upset

i got one...and had my share of probz when i picked up a focus fader...ther first batch had some lame contact cement that would "grab" the rails and occasioally come un connected....that is what your problem is i would bet 95 percent..i seem to have to do this on the reg after a really abusive session and this is on my replacment..

take all your knobs and fader toggles n shit off...crack the case...unscrew the 2 mini screws holding in your fader ( remeber the position and the way that everything is facing before removal)..upon takin your fader out i gaurentee that you will hear a small peice ratteling around inside your fader housing...if so...carfully pry apart the housing and you should find a small metal "L" shaped peice of metal ....it needs to be glued onto your faders underside. this peice is what cuts the signal in and out from each of your cut in points..there fore when its off...your decks are both on the "in" position"..its a definate down fall with the optical fader....ill give boogie that..it is a fairly cheap mass produced piece of "crap" but your mixer is not ..you will probably be suprised to see how basic it is when you crack it open.....use krazy glue and make sure to keep any and all glue off of the two metal rails that the fader slides along....hope i helped peace...

if you call stanton directly or send them a nice formal email regarding you displeasure they will send you a replacment..and let you keep the orig...it nice to have a back up

Originally posted by khaotic

its normal very normal it seems like a waste of money dont it!! well i had the same problem a week ago and called prosound and ordered a new fader the focus fader...at the end of the call the guy told me when the fader begins to do that to spray some audio tuner it NOT WD-40 THAT ATTRACTS DUST AND BUILDS DIRT so go to radio shack buy some audio tuner spray for electronics and the fader is back to normal.. well after i ordered the focus fader i proceeded to try the spray method and wam bam thank you man he fuken fixed my thought to be old fader now i have 2 perfectlly faders!!!! this only works good for stanton faders i noticed that the gemini and vestax faderes when doing this well no way around it you have to buy a new one...

why would you spray any kind of shit into an optical fader?..it has nothing to do with resistance or bleeding?...there is none.

Alright, i just got some numark turntables, and a mixer too, im just begining to learn and stuff. These are good to learn on and stuff right? The gyst i got from my friend was that these were cool to learn on and stuff, and i made sure to get direct drives, i dont know how good the mixer is, cause its used, but i think i should be set, anyone got any advice or input, i can send the set back if i want to, i should have asked before i bought, but i didnt think to ask on 12 oz..thanks guys..

Originally posted by avils

Boogie, the SK2F is FAR from a shit mixer man. It's by no means the best but far from the Numark/Gemini end of the mixer scale.

hehe.....sorry, im a die hard vestax fan.....

im like the volkswagon fanatic of the dj world.....you can tell me theres something better but im not going to listen to you unless your talking about a vestax......stanton? rane? i will have none of it.....

plus stanton makes such shit cartriges that i can help but question the quality of their mixers.....

Originally posted by boogie hands

hehe.....sorry, im a die hard vestax fan.....

im like the volkswagon fanatic of the dj world.....you can tell me theres something better but im not going to listen to you unless your talking about a vestax......stanton? rane? i will have none of it.....

plus stanton makes such shit cartriges that i can help but question the quality of their mixers.....

Agreed.. I love Vestax too ever since I got my 06ProA with A-Modded VCA fader and adjustable input fader control (Nastyyyyy Beee !!!!)..

Shit way back in the day I had an American DJ 'scratch' mixer and I used to go through 3 faders a fortnight... bleaughhhhh.

Peace.

shit im gonna send them a letter tommorow forsure.

but fuk why does this shit have to happen on christmas day.

ahh fo fuk sakes, why the fuk da i wanna buy a mixer thats got no fukin fader!

if ya havnt seen snatch ignore the last line

Archived