Surf serf eberyday surf.

Tavaruawon

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 8 months later...
  • 9 months later...

Cali several years ago haha still a tiny grommet!

this was at trails just down from trestles unfortunately didn't get pics.

Went to MEx this summer and caught some bigass waves, no one else was out and at the end of rhe week some loc told us some guy got eaten by a shark, o well more waves for only 2 heads!

l_d98c2580d4af210c29e52bbc9ea1d210.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
Other heavy spots:

Mundaka . Spain

Niijima . Japan

Cabirata . NSW Au

G-Land . Indonesia

'The Farm' . Mendocino US

Spot A . BC, Vancouver CA

God. I'm about to go off. I'll save it for later. This is more for my own reference than anything. Working on a report for school.

Peace.

1. Cyclops is in WA, not NSW and

2. Cabarita is NOT heavy in any way. Fun, gets long on a good swell but not what you'd call heavy at all. Heaviest wave near there is Cudgen

• 2 weeks later...

^ Word. You're right.

8959.jpg

'Clops

i highly doubt you surfed mavericks. only people who can ride that are pros

Beachfront property in Arizona eh? Yeah. What do you think there are people checking ASP cards before you hit the channel to paddle out? Experience in heavy water is the only thing you need to be paddling out at Mav's. And that doesn't stop some people either - just last weekend some dude from LA had his first go with Mavericks and was found unconcious in the water an hour into his sesh. Small day by most standards. Got caught inside, ended up on a life-flight straight to Stanford Medical. I was watching from the cliffs. Serious bizz.

On any given day that Mav's is breaking you'll find a core group of Monterey, Santa Cruz and Marin County locals sitting out there. They all charge, but few have sponsors and fewer have ever competed. I had my sessions out there from 01 - 04 took some lumps and paid plenty dues.

Anyways.

Boats - There are probably a bunch of tutorials for nose repair on youtube and whatnot. I've found there's no absolute science with ding repair. Takes some practice to get a feel for working with resins though. That UV shit, it will gel on you real fast if you're not careful. Sand the nose 'till it feels proper. Finish with fine wet sandpaper.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Yeah I seent that. Not sure where it happened but I know it was some guy from Santa Cruz. He got 10 grand from Volcom. SC has always been progressive with the airs, Ratboy and the west side crew are always boosting sick shit.

Funny thing as I was scoping the news this morning. While everybody is tripping about the 3 foot tsunami steam rolling towards Santa Cruz they had a helicopter filming the chaos going down in the harbor- camera man pans out and North a half mile or so and zooms in on the Rivermouth. Some clean looking lefts rolling through and he catches a guy getting a helluva ride, throwing spray on like five turns and just loving it. Thought that was kinda cool.

TomCurren_2005pic01.jpg

• 5 months later...