oldboy....will smith,speilburg

armand hammer

I never saw the American version of "The Ring". Or "Oldboy", for that matter.

The remake trend is annoying, but Mercer is right...it's not like the original movie is being replaced with the new one. If what I've heard about "Oldboy" is true, I don't think it CAN be remade.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
the cowboy bebop wouldnt be too bad but i think america couldnt handle the character ed at all.

oh dude you know the sperm in the intro of ichi the killer is real right?

cowboy bebop would be a great movie if they did it right unlike watchmen etc which had a huge amount of build up to it especially with that trailer and by the time it came out the movie was one of the biggest and worts comic adaptations Ive seen in a long time especially the sound track.

Its not that it ruins the original or anything, it just skews opinions on the movie and is in bad taste artistically. Its like taking an original painting, and repainting the same thing in a shittier, more censored manner. Sure, if the original is good, its still going to be good, but its a cheap way to make money and have every 15 year old mallrat saying its their favorite movie even though they have no idea that its a dumbed down americanized remake.

Yeah, you're right, the only people whos feelings are going to be hurt are film nerds who already know about the originals, but i could say the exact same thing about graffiti writers biting someones style and that only stupid vandals would give a shit. Or someone repainting the Mona Lisa and making millions and that only snobby artfags are going to care. I mean, at the end of the day, it doesn't effect my life, but i still don't approve of remaking already good movies just because people aren't willing to go outside of their own cultural sphere or are too lazy to read subtitles. Its 2009, its not like its hard to find any movie from any country if you know how to use the internet.