oldboy....will smith,speilburg

armand hammer

:mad: so i dont know if any of you hear this but will smith and spieldick are planning on remaking oldboy.and i realise its not new news however these fuckers are sneaky and will pop the movie out without anyone knowing or being able to do shit.

This will only go wrong as these two would most definitely chomp out so much of the story to make room for extended explosive scenes and the whole incest/gore etc is not exactly something their holy names could be tarnished by.Therefore so much of the actual story would be lost due to censorship and just the down right fact Hollywood hasn't produced a good movie let alone a remake in the last 5-9 years.

And the simple fact is anything produced etc in Japan/China/Korea cannot and never should be remade into an American version.the grudge trilogy was a complete pile of shit so i have no idea what they hope to do with it,they just need to stop.

however there is a lawsuit pending between Futabasga and Show East over who gets the rights to remake it.this will hopefully hold it up enough that they maby lose interest in remaking it.

anyway im pretty high and pissed off now so discus and here some links to articles.

http://www.slashfilm.com/2009/06/18/lawsuit-could-stop-spielbergs-oldboy-remake/

http://www.guardian.co.uk/film/2008/nov/07/spielberg-smith-oldboy-remake

http://www.pajiba.com/trade_news/oldboy-remake.php

and this picture says it all.

oldboy.jpg

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

To be honest, i don't particularly care for Oldboy, but its still ridiculous/terrible that they're remaking it. I'm more pissed that the guy who did Cloverfield is remaking Let The Right One In. Your average american movie goer/renter is too fucking lazy to read subtitles, which is pretty pathetic and results in a lot of foreign movies getting slaughtered in shitty remakes. Its especially bad since most of the people watching them aren't even aware that they're remakes.

• Like 1

Its especially bad since most of the people watching them aren't even aware that they're remakes.

this is what i hate most, most people see these movies and think theyr awesome but they have no idea that the movies a shitty remake and when you tell them to watch the original they think its a shit remake of the hollywood version..i hate people

• Like 1

I was going to make a thread about this film.

If you haven't seen it, GO NOW.

Unbelievable.

Ive been trying to get people I know to watch this. So far I have succeeded in none. People are stupid.

and fuck this oldboy remake. Will smith in the o dae su role? nahhhh. I hope the lawsuit is succesful.

the foreign remakes are almost always gutted versions of the originals.

considering the stomach churn that is oldboy i can only imagine what they'll eviscerate from it in order to make it halfway palatable to american audiences.

the down right fact Hollywood hasn't produced a good movie...in the last 5-9 years

no offense, and all, but go back to wherever it is you come from and continue to spit phlegm on the streets.

this is stupid. oldboy was grimey. will smith is wack as fuck. i never liked him. when he was on Fresh Prince, i thought he was just perpetuating the whole 'every nigger is an entertainer' thing. still liked the show, though.

i won't even watch Ali or Ray because I can't take those fools seriously.

Sydney Poitier never sang vulgar r'n'b songs or rapped about getting jiggy with it or acted like a dumb black man for white laughs.

what i meant by that was that there has been a few good movies but they are way out weighed by all the shit horror,remakes,true stories that have been so butchered the characters names are about the only thing that hasn't been blown out just to make a thriller/action story..i suppose i should have put that in there ,sorry for the confusion . and i dont spit phlegm on the streets.

How the fuck could remaking a movie ruin the original?

They don't collect all copies of the original and rerecord over them.

Maybe someone with less time to waste looking through obscure shit will see the remake, dig it, and then see the original.

I just can't think of one situation where remaking a movie will hurt anything other than a nerds feelings.

the ring was the only remake i can think of that was as good as the original.

the vanishing? prime effin example.

that shit was so weak in america.

i agree the remakes don't ruin it.

but they do tend to make a shitload of people who don't know jack about the original think they areauthorities on a movie they know nothing about.

Im reserving judgment until after I see the movie. Will Smith has done justice to plenty of movies, and at the same time ruined many other so I tend to think it's all up to the director... which unfortunately is Speilburg.....

RESERVING JUDGMENT! I swear....