Girl Skateboard's MOUSE and LEE and AYER.

Guest JSUN

Guest JSUN

I was watching MOUSE and there's this popular skate spot in the video [and countless other videos] which has this main ledge with two big black spraypaint tags by a "LEE" and an "AYER". I don't know if the "LEE" and "AYER" tags are done by the WILD STYLE LEE QUINONES and ABSTRACT VIDEO's CITY OF ANGELS AYER [RIP].

If you got MOUSE and want to check it out..

and want "directions" to the tags.. go to the GABRIEL RODRIGUEZ/SHAMIL RANDLE/DANIEL CASTILLO part. the ledge is a fairly high ledge and you can peep it on GABRIEL RODRIGUEZ's last trick of his part. [its also in countless other video parts]

i know i shouldn't go crazy over a couple of tags.. but what the hell, i love skateboarding and miscellaneous facts that will by no means benefit my life.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest JSUN

to the crew members-

if any of you feel this belongs in another category.. feel free to transfer it.

thanks.

Guest JSUN

na.. its definitely not hubba or that "muska" venice ledge.

the ledge has no graffiti except those two tags.

Hubbas is still very much there. It will never be skated again however. Not only do they have those HUGE ass steel reinforced blocks every foot on the ledge itself which are held in place by 18" long bolts, they also have these fucking annoying little speedbump things on the ground every few feet making even skating the stair impossible. Mini Hubbas is the same way. Gone for ever. On the plus side you can still go and visit all the angry drunk Hubba bums. And if you visit Hubbas on a warm summer day or you're just lucky enough, you might even get a chance to see the rare naked Hubba bum. Check it out some time.

So you wanna get technical?

The ledge in question is located at the LA courthouse in Los Angeles, which also features a wide assortment of low, mid-sized and high ledges along with a small pit, scattered steps, and multiple line-making oppurtunities. The AYER/LEE ledge is a little over waste high and has been fucked up for years by more suicidal technicians than a japanese cemetary. -Noteworthy tricks include a nollie 180 kickflip UP the ledge by Ronnie Creager, a nollie frontside noseslide by Koston, and a switch backside tailslide by Richard Mulder (--[?]--). While the ledge saw it's main height of popularity in the mid-to-late '90's, it's legacy among Southern California skatespots is timeless. Other spots featuring both graffiti, and skate history include the aforementioned Hubba Hideout in San Francisco, The Brooklyn Banks in NYC and the almighty king of graf/skate spots -- The Venice Beach Pit; which also can be found in the Mouse video. Look closely during Mike York's part and you'll notice an Ivory piece near the corner of a wall behind him, which is rare since Ivory is a New York writer, placing him nearly 3,000 miles from home during the creation of that piece.

More than expected, no?

This is in the wrong thread.

[This message has been edited by Bloody Fetus (edited 06-07-2001).]

Archived