Why the fuck didn't this shit happen here in 2000 and 2004???

Are we really that pussy????

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/us_iran_election

TEHRAN (Reuters) – Supporters of Iran's defeated presidential candidate Mirhossein Mousavi prepared to heed his rallying call for a national day of mourning on Thursday for those killed in post-election clashes.

(Editors' note: Reuters and other foreign media are subject to Iranian restrictions on their ability to report, film or take pictures in Tehran.)

State media said seven people were killed in an opposition protest in Tehran against what Mousavi says was a rigged election last week in favor of hardline incumbent President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad.

On his website, Mousavi called on Iranians to stage peaceful demonstrations or gather in mosques on Thursday.

"In the course of the past days and as a consequence of illegal and violent encounters with (people protesting) against the outcome of the presidential election, a number of our countrymen were wounded or martyred," he said.

"I ask the people to express their solidarity with the families ... by coming together in mosques or taking part in peaceful demonstrations."

Official results from Friday's vote showed Ahmadinejad had won a landslide, leading to daily clashes between Mousavi backers, anti-riot police and Islamic militiamen. Authorities have dismissed opposition allegations of vote rigging.

Despite calls by Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei for national unity, Mousavi supporters have continued to pour on to the streets.

Bloodshed, mass protests, arrests and a media crackdown have focused attention on the world's fifth-biggest oil exporter which is locked in a dispute with the West over its nuclear program.

On Wednesday, tens of thousands demonstrated in central Tehran for a fifth day against Ahmadinejad's official victory, which has caused the worst unrest since the 1979 Islamic revolution.

"INTERVENTIONIST" PROTESTS

Reformist clerics have requested permission from the governor of Tehran to hold a rally in the city on Saturday, to be attended by Mousavi and reformist former President Mohammad Khatami, Mousavi's website said.

Iran's Foreign Ministry on Wednesday summoned the Swiss ambassador, who represents U.S. interests, to protest at "interventionist" U.S. statements on the country's election.

In Washington, the State Department strongly rejected the criticism and the White House said President Barack Obama would continue to defend the right of Iranians to protest peacefully against the outcome of the election.

Mousavi sent a letter to Iran's state national security council complaining of plainclothes agents using sticks, metal rods and sometimes firearms to "attack the lines of peaceful participants before the arrival of the security forces."

He condemned arrests of his allies in the past few days. Dozens of pro-reformers have been detained since Friday's election, including senior figures, sources say.

The ISNA news agency, quoting provincial officials, said 88 people had been arrested during post-election unrest in the conservative northeastern city of Mashhad and up to 60 people in Tabriz in the northwest.

Pro-Mousavi protests were also reported in the cities of Isfahan, Rasht, Orumiyeh, Zanjan and Zahedan.

(Additional reporting by Fredrik Dahl, Dominic Evans and Hossein Jaseb in Tehran; Editing by Andrew Dobbie)

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Sometimes peaceful demonstrations are better then violent ones

Violence only leads to more violence and then the purpose of the riot is lost and only used as fodder for the oppostition.

You got to play your cards right when you are trying to take a stand...especially in a country that is so blinded by the state and their propoganda

There alot of different aspects to protest. Honestly comming from a very complacent country I can see the benefits of violent protest. They do it in Berlin once a year just because they want to let the authorities know they aren't going to take too much shit. At first I thought this was stupid but having lived there for a while I could see the positive sides to this (police never bothered me or my friends over some stupid shit unlike here where I've been searched several times over nothing and been threatened with bogus fines)

in the answer to that question are you (and me since I live in Australia I guess) really that pussy ? The answer is yes. The people who live in the allied nations are some complacent motherfuckers, being as soft and cushy as our lives are, it makes as detached. That's the simple truth.

• Like 1

The United States presidential election of 2000 was a contest between Republican candidate George W. Bush, then-governor of Texas and son of former president George H. W. Bush (1989-1993), and Democratic candidate Al Gore, then-Vice President. Bill Clinton, the incumbent President, was vacating the position after serving the maximum two terms allowed by the Twenty-second Amendment. Bush narrowly won the November 7 election, with 271 electoral votes to Gore's 266 (with one elector abstaining in the official tally). The election was noteworthy for a controversy over the awarding of Florida's 25 electoral votes, the subsequent recount process in that state, and the unusual event of the winning candidate having received fewer popular votes than the runner-up.[

our electoral system is rigged from the get. That is why no one went crazy. Only people who arent really politically concious and buy into the farce that the democratic/and republican parties are two totally seperate interests are the ones who were concerned.

this ones for casek

obama the new bush?

In a speech on December 13, in the Texas House of Representatives chamber,[42] Bush stated he was reaching across party lines to bridge a divided America, saying, "the President of the United States is the President of every single American, of every race, and every background."[43]

america is soft as FUCK

fuck an armed revolution

if the goverment put out a poll to america sayin "GET DOWN OR LAY DOWN"

90% of pussy fat over weight americans would be a tempurpedic and let the government fuck em in the ass /nh

catch ya catchin bullets in the chest for i lay in bed with someone tryna rape me

/nhnhnhnhnhnhnhnh

This just in from Peru! You don't fuck with the Inca!

Peru Repeals Decrees behind Clashes

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/06/19/world/americas/19peru.html

CARACAS, Venezuela — Peru’s Congress Thursday overturned two decrees by President Alan García that were aimed at opening large areas of the Peruvian Amazon to logging, dams and oil drilling, but set off protests by indigenous groups this month in which dozens died.

(...)

The apparent end to the impasse came after at least 24 police officers and 10 civilians were killed in clashes and acts of retaliation in northern Bagua Province, some of Peru’s bloodiest political violence since a two-decade war against Maoist insurgents ended in 2000.

This just in from Peru! You don't fuck with the Inca!

Peru Repeals Decrees behind Clashes

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/06/19/world/americas/19peru.html

CARACAS, Venezuela — Peru’s Congress Thursday overturned two decrees by President Alan García that were aimed at opening large areas of the Peruvian Amazon to logging, dams and oil drilling, but set off protests by indigenous groups this month in which dozens died.

(...)

The apparent end to the impasse came after at least 24 police officers and 10 civilians were killed in clashes and acts of retaliation in northern Bagua Province, some of Peru’s bloodiest political violence since a two-decade war against Maoist insurgents ended in 2000.

i heard about this

shit is no fucking joke

poor peruvians :(