weird ass food appreciation thread

Guest 50million

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Foie Gras is the deliciousness.

I'm hood as fuck and I'm saying it.

It's cheese, force fed to a goose, until it's stomach explodes...That's gangster.

It's actually the liver of a duck or goose that has been force fed and I doubt the stomach has to explode - ducks are known for pigging the fuck out prior to flying across large bodies of water.

When i was in Paris, every meal i ate at a decent place came with foie gras.

It tastes like shit. I dont know why people like it so much. Food is up there for me along with weed graff and pussy as many of you know already. But this foie gras shit is just NASTY.

I might be wrong when i say this, but most people like it either cuz they grew up on it or cuz they think they are on some fancy shit and lie to themselves about how it really tastes.

Liver is just nasty in general.

Guest 50million

eating someones brains is not something im down with.

drinking blood either.

but fatted ground up goose liver sounds great.

did anyone in the uk catch 'could you eat an elephant' not too long ago, two dudes went around the world trying all the gnarly shit people eat, real interesting. there was this dude who hired guys to shoot monkeys in his farm, he would in turn let them eat the monkeys ... the two chefs pussied out of eating the monkey cause they saw one of the skeletons' and decided it looked too much like a baby human.

Two of the UK's leading chefs test their steel and their stomach eating the world's most taboo foods

Fergus Henderson and Jeremy Lee are two of the UK's most daring chefs. At Fergus' celebrated restaurant, St John, 'nose to tail' eating means including everything from pigs' ears to bone marrow is on the menu. Jeremy's position as head chef at top eatery Blueprint Café, puts the two friends on the foodie frontline.

Now Fergus and Jeremy are being sent on an epic culinary journey across Europe, Asia and Africa to truly test their own limitations. To find their culinary ceiling, the duo attempt to eat their way up through the ladder of animals considered taboo for consumption in Britain but very much part of the daily diet in other parts of the world.

Starting with very small creatures and working their way up to the very big, Fergus and Jeremy visit places where these meats are local and seasonal, to see if they can eat them in the traditional way, from beetles and maggot-infested cheese, through rat, snake and dog to horse, elephant, and finally monkey.

They start their journey in Tuscany, Italy to sample birds, but of a smaller variety than the sort that usually makes it onto British plates. Jeremy stays in Italy to sample Marcetto, a maggot-infested cheese that is said to be an aphrodisiac.

Then it's on to Hanoi for a spot of cobra and a dish of rat; Namibia in southern Africa, to feast on jewel beetle paste and back to Italy for some lovely horse.

The pressure is on for the chefs as they are faced with meats that have an emotional impact of the pair. Dog in Vietnam, elephants in Namibia and finally, the hardest challenge of all - monkey.

Through the increasingly difficult dishes, the programme takes a serious look at British food taboos, culinary revulsions and dining preconceptions.

its fucking interesting how they cook snake, check this video:

I've gutted and filleted about a hundred trout, catfish, and bass

I don't eat pork, so...

And honestly we live in an advanced society with specialty careers like farmers and butchers... This society has allowed advances in technology and leasure by freeing up the hours of time it takes to prep livestock...

These societal advances have freed up time for you to develop these pussy ass hippie attitudes and beliefs-if it wasn't for these advances you would still be churning butter and hacking off chicken heads with no time to be whatever form of pussy ass annoying fruitbat raw vegan you are

yeah, damn I don't know how all those crazy Hindu motherfuckers where able to be vegetarian

For HUNDREDS OF FUCKING YEARS without all these "societal advances"

you are a fucking idiot.

and it's leisure you fucktard.

Alright, alright.

Just post weird food, meat or not. Though it is hard to avoid, let's not bring personal ethics into the equation.

And whoever thought fried softshell crab is weird, you're out of your mind. Just about everyone who lives in the southern US on the Gulf or Atlantic has many times. I know I have, and it's fucking great.

And "Soyrizo" - fucking BLASPHEMY!

And I'll add that in Florida, we like to eat these guys fried:

florida-softshell-turtle-ddwr-1.JPG

Soft shell turtle - also known as "cooter".