weird ass food appreciation thread

Guest 50million

Guest 50million

so some consider sushi weird, some consider hot dogs weird. either way we cant deny there are a lot of foods in the standard american diet that are considered weird. i happen to love a lot of them. dont get me wrong, im a meat and potatoes kinda girl....but i love this shit too:

opener.jpg&w=610&q=85

kimchi/kim chee - organic, raw, fermented sauerkraut...kimchi style!

soyrizo.JPG

soyrizo

himalayan_salt_1.jpg

Himalayan salts...or any kind of fancy salt

yellowfin-tuna.jpg

raw yellowfin tuna

146339355_176d52040a.jpg

soft shell crabs

44008-DeLaRosa.jpg

mexican peanut candy

CafeGratitudePesto1.JPG

raw quiona with raw mint parsley garlic sauce, and raw soaked black beans.

and i eat this on the regular:

FOJVLGEVMXEY95VJIM.MEDIUM.jpg

anyone else try anything totally unique or not very popular? im interested in new foods.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This thread is a magnet for TPWF yuppies. No one normal eats this shit. Gimme a fucking cheesesteak, or a bureto.

No really I'd eat the fancy salts and the deep fried softshells but I really would rather eat a cheesesteak with some waffle fries or something than most of the other stuff. I'm not too adventurous with eating, aside from trying things like one time when traveling or something.

I like pasta, bread, meat (chicken, beef) and cheese. I'll eat these foods prepared in fancy ways though.

Guest 50million

thats funny, i wont eat blood sausage. weird.

foie gras is absolutely amazing. it was seriously the best thing ive ever eaten.

i prefer burritos over cheese steaks

fuckin a.... crazy cheeses are good too:

sfdrak2.jpg

wash rind. mt tam double cream brie in vinegar and aged.

burrata_pomodori.jpg

buffalo's milk cheeses.

This is weird IMO,

Fish-Sausage.jpg

Also, I used to frequent an up scale Chinese restaurant in South East Asia that served bears foot, a wide variety of sharks fin, tiger and deer penis. When you entered the place they had everything on display...nohomo.

I never ate any of that stuff and would stick to the Peking duck.

In the George Orwell book I am reading, he talks about fish sausage and how it is disgusting.

Soyritzo is crucial to a breakfast taco.

A lot of my friends back home eat tongue sandwiches for breakfast after a hard night of drinking.

They claim that it is delicious.

My mom made me eat tongue when I was coming up and it was horrible, but tastes change as you grow older, mine have just changed to not include meats.

Quinoa is good, as is millet, barley, cous cous, and risotto rice.

So are Mexican candies.

Kim chee is delicious.

And 50, if you want to prove that you actually want to expand your weird food repetior (and NOT use this thread to rattle of a bunch of snobbish but not weird food to make it seem like you're some gourmond to the uneducated) I demand you seek out and try one of the foods I listed

Everything you named I could get within a 2 mile radius of my house... And I live in west Nashville

Not known for it's cultural diversity or unique cuisine, moreso iroc z's on blocks in front yards, wolf shirts with the sleeves cut off, the invention of Medicare fraud for dilauded scripts, alleys of crushed busch realtree cans and discarded rockin rye fifth bottles, and, of course, Gummoland

Guest 50million
I don't consider soft shell crab, squid salad, kim chee, peanut candy, or soy anything to be weird at all

Weird is shit like souse, head cheese, chitterlings, scrapple, and of course chitlins

That's weird shit

im cool off brains and random animal parts. scrapple sounds alright though....chitlins are ok.