Well, it looks like I'll have to cancel my plans to go clubbing in Blackburn...

Ski Mask

Police use ‘magic torch' to find cocaine in East Lancs clubbers' noses

9:10am Tuesday 31st March 2009

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/news/blackburn/4247627.Police_use____magic_torch__to_find_cocaine_in_East_Lancs_clubbers__noses/

By Sally Henfield »

COCAINE-using clubbers were refused entry to a Blackburn nightclub after a high-tech ‘magic torch’ device revealed they had been sniffing the drug.

Officers shone a special torch at customers that showed up traces of the drug on people’s hands and faces in bright green.

Four men were stopped from entering Liquid and Envy nightclub in the town centre on Friday night.

The torch was being piloted in Blackburn town centre and was so effective a further 15 torches, worth £40 each, will now be purchased to be used elsewhere in East Lancashire.

Police hope the device will lead to a reduction in town centre violence and drug dealing.

Sergeant Alan Clayton said: “This simple piece of equipment will have a big impact on drug use in pubs and clubs.

"It looks like a normal LED torch but if it is pointed at the person’s nose and mouth area it shows up bright green if they have been taking the drug.

“It is even easy to see the minute cocaine crystals secreted within the nasal hair.”

“Small traces of cocaine are also left on the cheeks and chin that are not visible to the naked eye and these show up bright green too. It really is amazing.”

He added: “When people have been drinking it gives them dutch courage.

“When they have taken cocaine it can give them an almost super strength and the two in combination can lead to violent outbursts.

“This torch could reduce trouble in future and it could also cut down on people going into venues and selling drugs.”

Kevin Riley, a partner in Fusion nightclub, Burnley’s largest venue, based in Hammerton Street, welcomed the arrival of the device.

He said: “This is a good idea and will help us in our bid to reduce drug use in Burnley’s clubs scene.

“We get associated with drugs more than most, as a dance music venue, and this will probably be more beneficial for us than other places.”

The torch can also highlight traces of smart water, uses to protect property from being stolen, by turning areas that it has been put on bright yellow.

And it has an ultra violet function which can help in the use of identifying forged notes, identification cards and UV marked property.

Sgt Clayton said the torch was used overtly and had been received well by the public.

He added that door staff all over town had been really impressed and were asking if they would be able to get the torches as well.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Cocaine gives super strength? Why am I just finding this out now?

it gives you the super strength necessary to talk endlessly about completely trivial things to people who dont care, or who are trying to talk over you just as quickly.

• Like 3

Uhhhhh

Super streingth?

More like streingth to stay in the house and look for the geek monster hiding in my bushes at 4 am

But I'm sure euro coke isn't that good

This. I'm sure there are many bar owners who would be happy to know I was yacked out rather than drunk. Shit chills me out quite a bit, too much liquor and I'm smackin the shit out of anyone who looks at me wrong