Kid denied his diploma for blowing a kiss to his mom at graduation.

The fuck is wrong with this country?

http://buzz.yahoo.com/buzzlog/92681?fp=1

For teens, there is no greater joy than graduating high school. Shaking off the shackles of education and claiming that hard-fought diploma is truly an epic day. Unfortunately, for several students at Bonny Eagle High School in Maine, their natural exuberance has led to some surprisingly serious problems.

On Friday night, when the senior class was waiting to graduate, excitement began to grow. Students bounced a large inflatable rubber duck. The noise level rose. And then came "the kiss." When called, one student walked on stage to receive his diploma and blew a kiss to his family. The school administrator, clearly not the sentimental sort, sent the student back to his seat ... sans diploma.

The seemingly harsh punishment has sent the Web all aflutter. Searches on "student denied diploma" and "bonny eagle high school" are both through the roof. Additionally, blogs and news papers are chiming in with opinions on whether or not the administration overreacted. The student's mother has given interviews and is quite upset at her son's treatment. According to an article from Fox News the outraged mother said, "A bow, a kiss to your mom is not misbehavior."

But the administrators feel they were just enforcing the rules that students agreed to. At a meeting following the debacle, school superintendent Suzanne Lukas said that "if a student doesn't adhere to the expectations, then the consequences are clearly spelled out."

This isn't the first time that rambunctious (dare we say "fun"?) behavior affected a graduation ceremony at Bonny Eagle. "Four years ago we had some issues with silly string and beach balls," said Lukas.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I hate school Nazis. My mom is down as fuck, one time she wrote a note back to my math teacher and said she was a "stupid bitch" and the math teacher started crying and photo-copied it like she was going to do something about it. My mom went in and gave a verbal beatdown to the principal for my brother like 3 months ago too hahaha.

• Like 2

I love checkin my email seeing some crazy story on

yahoo then later coming on 12oz to see someone who

has posted it...then again 12oz has alot better responses

than yahoo does...anyways i dont understand how just

blowing a kiss is considered bad enough to take away

his diploma

one time somebody let off a stink bomb during some sort of seminar thing and the principal(a wyclef looking motherfucker) got on the mic and yelled "okay,who made the FART bomb"

and of course, the place erupted. Then we couldnt leave the room until everyone wrote down who they think did it on a piece of paper. I thought that was fucked up, the stink bomb lasted like 30 minutes in there. at least we all got diplomas at the end of the year.

least the kid got to walk...

thats still bogus as hell though..

The fuck good is a walk without the actual diploma?

You gonna put down "didn't graduate, but got to walk though" on your job applications?

I can't even understatnd how this shit is legal.

I hope this kid and his fam sue the fuck out of the school district.

The fuck good is a walk without the actual diploma?

You gonna put down "didn't graduate, but got to walk though" on your job applications?

I can't even understatnd how this shit is legal.

I hope this kid and his fam sue the fuck out of the school district.

hahah

i aint sayin its good or anything..

shit if that was me i would've knocked

them in the jaw if the tried to take my diploma from me...

im just sayin cause my school wouldnt let go to my graduation..

got my diploma though so i dont give a fuck...

This dude at my high school had a $40 library book fine that he didn't pay, and they wouldn't give him his diploma til he paid it off.

He still graduated, walked, but didn't pay the fine til a week later, upon which he was given the diploma. I'm thinking that's what they will have to do for this kid, just issue it later. unceremoniously.

does the article just mean the kid wasn't allowed to publicly accept his diploma on stage?

^^This. He probably got it after the graduation privately or, like someone else said, in the mail. The walking is just a ceremony and doesn't matter. My entire class didn't get our diplomas at the graduation ceremony because they hadn't arrived yet. We got it like two weeks later in the mail.