Sci-Fi

IOU

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dudes, Blade Runner not only is a pivotal movie in science fiction but an important solid movie in itself. Perfect example of story-driven film instead of genre-first, which is the case with nearly all horror flicks. So many just want to make horror before telling a decent story... There are many versions of the film, make sure you see the Final Cut by director Ridley Scott. There's at least one "director's cut" that he had nothing to do with...

Sci-fi is just about the only genre I can tolerate and watch for only a couple of awesome scenes. I just saw T:salvation, I thought it was pretty damn good, paid homage to the original storyline and most of the visual/sound effects were "realistic". Only the last scenes inside the cyberdyne complex were sloppy and weak. The scene with the first, injured minigun terminator was just awesome. It would've been great to have more suspense with those big robots roaming around too. The sounds they made were haunting. Lots of the imagery around those fragile T models reminded me of the older comic book covers by Simon Bisley...

termewtpb.jpg

Tried watching Terranova last night and fell asleep, but I'll give another shot next week.

Dark Horse comics is bad ass. I wanna pick up the AVP series I used to have.

VP my boy got that box set for Bladerunner a couple of years ago. Still love that movie. Have you heard of the ESPER soundtrack that is roaming around out there?

• 1 month later...

All Gates Open

This was a 2nd year group project (2003/2004) for the BA in Computer Animation and Film Special Effects at Bournemouth University, with 6 members in the group. The plot is based upon a Philip K. Dick short story called 'The Electric Ant'.

My role in the project involved cinematography, lighting, editing, ambient sound, plot outline, and managing the renders. This was a very collaborative project, and we were all involved in most aspects of the production.

The other members of the team were:

Dave Hunt / Tim Ridgarde / Dan Blacker / Alex Wilkie / James Whitworth

Music by Godspeed You! Black Emperor

Maya 5 / Shake 3 / Premiere 7