NHL 2009-2010 THREAD

yinz n'at

draft analysis, free agency, general "my team is better than yours" rambling

as of now...... mine is the bestest

pascal.jpg[/img]

my last post in the old thread

hossa aint going to the pens. he swore to mario lemieux that he was gonna sign and bailed out. it isnt a good thing to get one mario's bad side from what i hear.

hossa i dont think will even end up with the wings. he is gonna want too much dough and is a constant underachiever in the playoffs. the only good postseason run he had with on crosbys wing. i think hossa will maybe go to the hawks or ducks but what do i know.

with the pens my views of their free agents go as follows...

F Craig Adams- he is gonna stay, cheap find from waivers, great penalty killer

F Ruslan Fedotenko- gotta take a signifacant pay cut to stay cause malkin is gonna get his baller contract kickin in next year, but after his stay with the lightning where khabibulin left to the hawks and the lightning now blow

F Bill Guerin- will take a pay cut to stay, sid and geno rejuvinated the fuck out of him

F Miroslav Satan- gone... he'll be playing in a russian superleague at best

F Petr Sykora- gone same as satan

D Philippe Boucher-on the fence, probably will stay for cheap

D Hal Gill- gone, too slow of a skater for bylsma's system

D Rob Scuderi- i say a prayer before bed he comes back. shero needs to pay him his due, much like james harrison got his... maybe like 2-2.5 million, see game 6 for this one where he was essentially playing goalie

G Mathieu Garon- gone

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I figure it like this.

Eric staal won for carolina.

Ducks

Wings

Jordan stall won with Pitt

Winner

Winner

Marc Staal with the rangers.

So I just have to wait two seasons...correct?

Thats assuming we dont trade him or let him go for some old useless overhyped bag of shit like we do to all of young talent every year.

im excited to see it brother brent makes it to the flames.

and who we can pick up in the draft.

no heatly for phaneuf trade.

whats his deal with the devils?

I know he resigned

but is he allowed to coach for another team or under contract does he have to wait a year until he can take a new job ?

whats the obcession over heatly? he reminds me of hossa in the playoffs a fucking choke artist, in the regular season he fucking kills the pens though

heatley is having a house built in Calgary right now, sooo.....

there has also been rumours of a trade to Edmonton, which, I'm praying DOESN'T happen

I don't want that fuckin drama queen playing for the oilers... he needs to remember a few years ago what he did to snyder.

whats his deal with the devils?

I know he resigned

but is he allowed to coach for another team or under contract does he have to wait a year until he can take a new job ?

As far as I know, if the GM from the devils allows him to walk then he can speak to the Flames. If he doesent allow him to walk from his contract he just does nothing. I do think if they allow him to walk out of his contract he is not obliged to any money.

As for heatley getting a house built in Calgary, its not a surprise he is from Calgary.

And I think hes not a good trade for phaneuf, hes a bit of a plug too. He is overrated.

I'm sad Jaques Lemaire retired, he was a hell of a coach, and now i predict the wild get even worse. We got a lot of good young players, a hell of a goalie, and some good older players as well, but we just haven't been pulling it all together. We'll see who we lose/gain this season, and how it goes with a new coach. We definitely have some players who could be great, but they're young and still need to improve.

If Clutterbuck starts taking more shots and keeps up with the hard hitting, i think he could be a real force to reckon with in the next few years. Hes got a great shot, but he doesn't use it enough. And Koivu and Antti Miettinen are good players as well, but both still have a lot of room to improve.

I'm not expecting big things this upcoming season, but i think we'll still hold our own, and hopefully in a few years we'll start being more of a threat.

with the pens my views of their free agents go as follows...

F Craig Adams- he is gonna stay, cheap find from waivers, great penalty killer

F Ruslan Fedotenko- gotta take a signifacant pay cut to stay cause malkin is gonna get his baller contract kickin in next year, but after his stay with the lightning where khabibulin left to the hawks and the lightning now blow

F Bill Guerin- will take a pay cut to stay, sid and geno rejuvinated the fuck out of him

F Miroslav Satan- gone... he'll be playing in a russian superleague at best

F Petr Sykora- gone same as satan

D Philippe Boucher-on the fence, probably will stay for cheap

D Hal Gill- gone, too slow of a skater for bylsma's system

D Rob Scuderi- i say a prayer before bed he comes back. shero needs to pay him his due, much like james harrison got his... maybe like 2-2.5 million, see game 6 for this one where he was essentially playing goalie

G Mathieu Garon- gone

im with you on all that...

adams is a good role player, hopefully he stays around...

with everyone chanting "one more year" for guerin, im sure he's coming back next year.

sykora and satan will both be gone

im not sure about gill or boucher, but they better give scuderi his dough....they cant afford to lose him...he's steady been one of the best defensemen as long as he's been here.

HACHI- i don't think they post it till end of august i think... i could be wrong.

GUERIN IS NOT GOING TO RETIRE!

Despite winning his second Stanley Cup at the age of 38, Pittsburgh Penguins forward and soon-to-be unrestricted free-agent Bill Guerin has no plans to retire.

According to the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review, the veteran of 16 NHL seasons feels like he's still a player that can contribute to a winning team.

“Yeah, I'm going to keep playing,” Guerin told the Tribune-Review on Sunday. “It'd be a great way to go out, but maybe I can do it in a couple years. I feel like I've got a lot of gas left in the tank. I feel I performed well. It doesn't matter what my age is. I feel good physically and mentally and I still love to play, so I'm going to keep playing.”

The Penguins acquired Guerin at the trade deadline from the New York Islanders for a conditional draft pick. In his 17 regular season games with the Pens, Guerin posted five goals and seven assists. For the 2008-09 season, he played in 61 games and had 21 goals and 27 assists.

Guerin, who has played with the New Jersey Devils, Edmonton Oilers, Boston Bruins, Dallas Stars, St. Louis Blues, San Jose Sharks, Islanders and Penguins has skated in 1185 games and has 408 goals and 403 assists.

Guerin won his first Stanley Cup with the New Jersey Devils in 1995.

waering that ring is awsome... i got to put on the phillies 80 championship ring from dicky nole a year or so before they won last year.. but this is hockey and flyers finally have a respectable goalie.. so look out...

get the fuck out of this thread.

respectable goalie HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA you must not know jack shit about hockey.

emery is FAR FAR FAR from being a respectable goalie... he's a goon... oh wait.. that is why you think he is respectable all flyers are goons and so are their fans.

all it takes to beat emery is get someone in front of the net... he gets riled up and then his game is shit.

WOOO THIS NEWS IS AWESOME!!!!

BRUINS SIGN CHIARELLI TO CONTRACT EXTENTION!!!!

The Boston Bruins are keeping the architect of their team together.

The club announced that general manager Peter Chiarelli signed a multi-year contract extension. Per club policy, terms of the deal were not disclosed.

Chiarelli's team enjoyed one of their best regular seasons in team history in 2008-09, as they posted an Eastern Conference leading 53-19-10 record. Their 53 wins and 116 points were both their third-highest totals in team history, while their 116 points ranked second overall in the NHL, one point behind the San Jose Sharks (117).

The Bruins led the NHL in goals against (196) and goal differential (+78) and led the Eastern Conference in goals with (274).

The Bruins swept the Montreal Canadiens in the first round of the playoffs and earned their first Eastern Conference Semifinals berth since 1999.

Since being named General Manager on May 26, 2006, the club has acquired Norris Trophy finalist Zdeno Chara, Marc Savard, Michael Ryder, Shawn Thornton, Blake Wheeler and Stephane Yelle through free agency; Manny Fernandez, Andrew Ference, Shane Hnidy, Chuck Kobasew, Steve Montador, Mark Recchi, Aaron Ward and Dennis Wideman through trades; and extended the contracts of Vezina Trophy finalist Tim Thomas, Patrice Bergeron, Kobasew, David Krejci, Mark Stuart, Marco Sturm, Ward and Wideman.

He also oversaw the development of the club's younger talent including Phil Kessel, Krejci, Milan Lucic and Stuart.

His strategy led the 2008-2009 Bruins to a 22-point improvement over their 2007-2008 record and a 40-point improvement over their 2006-2007 mark. He led the Bruins to their first back-to-back playoff appearances since 2002-2003 and 2003-2004.

In three seasons with the Bruins as General Manager, Chiarelli has amassed a 129-89-28 record and .581 winning percentage.

His signing will formally be announced at a news conference on Tuesday.