Facebook question

Smart

That seems pretty fucked up to just have someone make a facebook profile without your permission.

In protest just don't log in or check it out if you don't like it, possibly delete it if too much info is on it.

You can't delete a Facebook account without going through tons small steps.

I like mine, I only add people I'd actually like to talk to IRL 16 people.

I'm one of those people who switches cities all the time so it works out for me.

Plus I like this kind of shit, twitter's my new shit, I'll lurk and hit that up er'day.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

it's funny because something similar happened to me.

i started getting emails from ex's out of nowhere asking me questions as if they knew what i was doing presently

well this lead me to doing a little research and found that one guy in jr high posted pics of us

when we went on a trip to toronto for 8th grade graduation. that shit was boring btw

well i couldn't see the pics or the comments due to me not having an account so i had one of my friends

check it out and it appears as if there was a bunch of people asking yeah whatever happened to him blah blah

well they created an account for me. i ignored it.

seriously fuck people that have some need to re-live high school. shits pathetic.

i dont care who married who or who died from what overdose. if i dont talk to you now, there is most likely a good reason for it.

antisocial-oner

yeah, part of my not being in control of the start up means that lots of my friend's parents are on board for some stupid reason... some of the mom's were a bit shocked with the "dick smells funny, 'eeew' funny or 'hahaha' funny?" question... I don't think this is for me...

So, apparently I have a couple 'very close' friends who think I don't have a 'web presence' or someshit so they built me a Facebook page complete with my real name and photo and stuff last week... this also involved getting me a Gmail acct...

So I looked at that Gmail, still haven't been to the Facebook but I have 79 msgs of friend request confirmations and stuff...

My question... how should I feel about this? I'm furious. Is that wrong? Except for about 7 people I see every week I haven't seen most of these folks for over 5 years. Some are people from the highschool set, some ex-girlfriends... they aren't people I neccissarily dislike, some I even love like family but for whatever, general drama or... I just don't talk to these folks very often. It sounds cavalier but if I wanted to talk to them more often, I'd talk to them more often. It seems weird to me, I barely tend to the Myspace page I set up on purpose, it's mostly just a shiny version of tinyflicks with only about 3 flicks...

I also feel like these cats have stolen my thunder to an extent... I've got NO irons in the fire, no girl, no job... stole my opportunity for blowing up the scene when I actually had something to offer and in a sideways manner putting me on blast for taking a few years off.

Am I mixed up about this or am I on to something? Should I just never login to Facebook and let it wilt? I don't think I can do that because the guys who set it up are basically my brothers, womb to tomb type kids... so what's that leave me?

if you don't like it, id just log on, take what ever they put up that you don't want up, change you name, ect change you password and then log off. simple as that. no one can get back on it if only you know the password

You know what also sucks about FB? It's almost impossible to delete your account.

If you close it, they still keep all your information, posts, comments, etc. so you can restore it if you come back.

To completely close the account, you have to go in and delete every single thing you have ever done on there. Seriously. Then you send them an email and they will close it permanently.

At least that was the case when I tried to do it last year.

You know what also sucks about FB? It's almost impossible to delete your account.

If you close it, they still keep all your information, posts, comments, etc. so you can restore it if you come back.

To completely close the account, you have to go in and delete every single thing you have ever done on there. Seriously. Then you send them an email and they will close it permanently.

At least that was the case when I tried to do it last year.

This is true

and evil

what your "prends" did was evil

hax0r dem