Facebook question

Smart

So, apparently I have a couple 'very close' friends who think I don't have a 'web presence' or someshit so they built me a Facebook page complete with my real name and photo and stuff last week... this also involved getting me a Gmail acct...

So I looked at that Gmail, still haven't been to the Facebook but I have 79 msgs of friend request confirmations and stuff...

My question... how should I feel about this? I'm furious. Is that wrong? Except for about 7 people I see every week I haven't seen most of these folks for over 5 years. Some are people from the highschool set, some ex-girlfriends... they aren't people I neccissarily dislike, some I even love like family but for whatever, general drama or... I just don't talk to these folks very often. It sounds cavalier but if I wanted to talk to them more often, I'd talk to them more often. It seems weird to me, I barely tend to the Myspace page I set up on purpose, it's mostly just a shiny version of tinyflicks with only about 3 flicks...

I also feel like these cats have stolen my thunder to an extent... I've got NO irons in the fire, no girl, no job... stole my opportunity for blowing up the scene when I actually had something to offer and in a sideways manner putting me on blast for taking a few years off.

Am I mixed up about this or am I on to something? Should I just never login to Facebook and let it wilt? I don't think I can do that because the guys who set it up are basically my brothers, womb to tomb type kids... so what's that leave me?

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

just cause theyre your homies doesnt mean you just start control someones personal life

thats like your girlfriend insisting on being the the bathroom every time you shit or something

i just think people should know what you tell them and its kinda lame.

if theyre your homies theyd be cool with you deleting it

in a couple weeks all them people friend requesting will forget it ever happened

maybe you should hang out with old friends? do you Only hang out with those few?

i got a core of about 10 friends but still chill with everyone else regularly. maybe thats why they made it. you shouldnt be furious with them if they had good intentions while making the page for you.

if you don't want the account, shut it down. if not, deal with hearing from people you haven't heard from in 15 years, or change you name and rock an alias like i do. that way you can be selective about who you add.

the more i go on facebook, the more i hate certain friends (like people i grew up with).

no, i don't care that you just went to buy lunch. then a half hour later you feel compelled to let me know that it's raining out and this makes you upset. that shit is worse than the bulletin board on myspace. fuck your blog, fuck your insightful afternoon of eating lunch on the bklyn prominade and thinking about your life. thanks for sharing but i'd rather see pics of your sisters tits.

sorry for that mini rant. wait, maybe i'll blog that.

if you don't want the account, shut it down. if not, deal with hearing from people you haven't heard from in 15 years, or change you name and rock an alias like i do. that way you can be selective about who you add.

the more i go on facebook, the more i hate certain friends (like people i grew up with).

no, i don't care that you just went to buy lunch. then a half hour later you feel compelled to let me know that it's raining out and this makes you upset. that shit is worse than the bulletin board on myspace. fuck your blog, fuck your insightful afternoon of eating lunch on the bklyn prominade and thinking about your life. thanks for sharing but i'd rather see pics of your sisters tits.

sorry for that mini rant. wait, maybe i'll blog that.

Truth, I am on facebook and it seem that the people I least care about are the ones that blog every little thing about their life....sucks that they lead a boring life and think that getting a cupcake on a Wednesday is the best thing ever.

• Like 1

Am I mixed up about this or am I on to something? Should I just never login to Facebook and let it wilt? I don't think I can do that because the guys who set it up are basically my brothers, womb to tomb type kids... so what's that leave me?

Perhaps they believe you can enrich their Internet experience.

Try it for a bit, if it doesn't work out you'll just stop going to the site.

T;6451021']Facebook is a good way to talk to people and friends you really dont want to talk to IRL. I say use it and add a brotha. I usually look at all the ex girls with 4 kids and wonder how lucky or unlucky i am.
I agree with this wholeheartedly. I can understand your apprehension with the perception of people on there and how you currently percieve yourself (not in the most positive way by the sounds of things) being a big cause of your apprehension. But what the others said, it can be almost comical going around seeing what has become of people, my profile on there has very little information (or pics) of me and that is on purpose as these people who are on my list if they really want to know what is going on with me they can contact me whenever they like.

But as for positives, I found my best friend from 15 years ago on there and found he moved back to my city from over east, and we caught up thanks to this specific site. So if there is someone you want to catch up with from your past it can be positive, but at the end of the day, you do get to choose who gets to see your page and information. It is all very stalkerish at the end of the day, but as I said, anything like this has pros and cons you just need to weigh them up I guess.

Well, it ssems to be still growing so I'm not really sure how I can not use it a bit. I think it would be fully less attractive if, instead of just being a bum, I went on and threw a tantrum (GET OFF MY LAWN!).

Mauler, I'm not so sweaty about being a bum, for about 90% of the world my lifestyle is a total impossibility. However, I feel like when I call people's attention it should be for an actual reason...

Now I guess I gotta whip something up...

Anyway, thanks for helping yall, both the folks who validated my anger and those that got me to hand over the rifle and get out of the tree stand...

i just got a facebook under similar circumstances, and while its nice to be able to reconnect with friends past, i could really give a rats ass if some girl i slept with my freshman year in college is eating a pita with hummus on it, which is about all the shit i have gained from it i might as well have a twitter blah

• Like 1

dude, smart....man...i deleted my myspace a long time ago for your reasons. minus the part about friends setting it up for me. it's a hassle, quizzes are lame, why do i give a fuck about the bulletins others post, and niggas be interuptatin' my space game.

we need irc back so drunken real time smart can have a place to vent.

/wants a cuban cigar.thanks.

all that facebook myspace on some dumb shit.

I dont want people to be able to get a hold of me.

I dont need people i didnt like then trying to know me now.

Shits been ruining relationships for over a decade.

I refuse to participate in such foolishness.

I dont need that shit to get laid or a girlfriend or anything.

Be mad. I would be

we need irc back so drunken real time smart can have a place to vent.

Poe brought the Tinychat.

Bojang, yer in! Actually anyone who can correctly spell my first name (dot) last name is prolly in, the flood gates seem to be open for random people right now...

so first.last and we'll see how it does

Poe brought the Tinychat.

Bojang, yer in! Actually anyone who can correctly spell my first name (dot) last name is prolly in, the flood gates seem to be open for random people right now...

so first.last and we'll see how it does

i know both, but refuse to participate. delete that shit, man. fedora hats everywhere are

crying.