Kitten Help

SwampFightOner

So, I got a new kitten the other day, like a month old. She's adorable and awesome, but the problem is Tonya Yayo refuses to use the litterbox

Now, I'm far from a rookie pet owner, and in my life (counting both ones at my parents house and my own) I've had easily over 10 cats, and none of them have ever had a problem learning to use the litter box. I've never had one QUITE this young, but pretty close, so I'm thinking it's not an age thing. If it is, please let me know, cuz it'd be nice to think this will be over soon.

I keep putting her in the box, both when I think she hasta go, and right after I catch her going somewhere else, rubbing her paws in the litter to show her what to do, but no dice. Mostly she seems to either go in my bed (huge issue obviously, and now prevents me from even letting her in my room to chill), or on the ferret's paper. Now, following in the ferret's footsteps is cute and all, but his shit doesn't smell...her's is horrific. Also, the ferret uses the litterbox alot too, so if she were following him I figure she would of got that by now.

Basically, anyone got any suggestions?

• Like 1

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

following in the ferret's footsteps is cute and all, but his shit doesn't smell...her's is horrific. Also, the ferret uses the litterbox alot too,

You have a Ferret who's shit doesn't stink.

I thought all Ferrets smelled bad no matter how their shit smells???

:confused: :confused:

You have a Ferret who's shit doesn't stink.

I thought all Ferrets smelled bad no matter how their shit smells???

:confused: :confused:

Ferrets have a certain smell to them, but it's only as bad as people think it is if they are dirty. Mine is a hygenic, baller ass ferret. And their shit doesn't really smell like anything once it dries.

And I like 5's idea

run the cat over with a snow blower and get a dog...

im surprised someone of your demeanor would have some good for nothing cat... then again you have a ferret..

Haha...I love all animals (except stupid ones like fish or reptiles). I grew up with mad different pets.

However, I can't have a dog in my crib, or I would of prolly gotten a puppy instead of a kitten.

So, I got a new kitten the other day, like a month old. She's adorable and awesome, but the problem is Tonya Yayo refuses to use the litterbox

Now, I'm far from a rookie pet owner, and in my life (counting both ones at my parents house and my own) I've had easily over 10 cats, and none of them have ever had a problem learning to use the litter box. I've never had one QUITE this young, but pretty close, so I'm thinking it's not an age thing. If it is, please let me know, cuz it'd be nice to think this will be over soon.

I keep putting her in the box, both when I think she hasta go, and right after I catch her going somewhere else, rubbing her paws in the litter to show her what to do, but no dice. Mostly she seems to either go in my bed (huge issue obviously, and now prevents me from even letting her in my room to chill), or on the ferret's paper. Now, following in the ferret's footsteps is cute and all, but his shit doesn't smell...her's is horrific. Also, the ferret uses the litterbox alot too, so if she were following him I figure she would of got that by now.

Basically, anyone got any suggestions?

Buy a special type of liter. There is one designed for kittens... they smell it and want to piss and shit in it.

Try keeping her confined for a week or so to a particular room in your crib along with a litter box, preferably the one that you already keep the litter box in.

^^^^This is what you have to do. Keep doing the paw through the litter, and bringing her to the box if she is peeing or right after she pee's. Never rub her face in the mess, as punishment. They don't understand that, and it does no good.

Charles Mingus trained both of his cats to use the toilet. If you have the time, patience, and magical cat whispering powers, then do it!

342998605rJMMjm_ph.jpg

AB doesn't smoke weed. But he could stuff it into a pile of coke.

No, but for real, listen to Realism and Earl Broclo. Also, you might want to get spray bottle of water and just give it a spray any time it goes close to your ferrets paper. If it smells ferret piss on the paper, its going to think its cool for it to piss there too, so you need to make sure it learns that the only acceptable place is its litter box.

The spray bottle idea might work, but only if you catch it about to pee or right after the last drop lands. The cat will probably just run away and pee somewhere else if you spray it before it pees.

Definitely don't let your ferrets shit or piss in her cat box. Their scent might be fucking with her, and that might be why she isn't pissing in there. If I were you, I'd clean that thing out good with paper towels and some household spray. Then put brand new liter in there, and let her be the only person to drop trow in it. I'd try and keep the animals bathroom habits separate, but I know that might be difficult.

You can also reward her after she pisses in the box. When she's done, pick her up and pet her and tell her she's good. Just make sure you're giving off a positive vibe (no/hippie) for the cat to read. Buy some of these:

pPETS-3757539t400.jpg

You can get them a Shaws are Stop n' Shop. Most cats love them, and you can give her a couple when she pisses in the box. If she pees somewhere else, and you don't catch her in the act, it's useless trying to discipline her then. She's a cat, and wouldn't understand. She's not going to think "oh shit, he's mad that I pissed on his Empire Strikes Back comforter!" She's basically going to think, "what the fuck is up with this guy? What a psycho!" Then the cat will lose trust in you, and probably be distant.

i got the same issue. except when i lock my kitten in the laundry with the kitty litter she will literally lay a mad line of cable NEXT to the fucking tray then get in the tray and kick litter over it.

what the fuck man im ready to bust out the stone cold stunner