Banksy Vs Bristol Museum

ShortFuse

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Fuck Media Whores

I'm so anti establishment but I'm all up in the news doing un-newsworthy shit all the time, making fun uf Paris Hilton.

This is the Paris Hilton of art.

i tried to prop you for this but im 24'd.... it couldnt have been said any better

The robotics thing looks kinda cool.

Anyone else feel shit like this is just co-opting graffiti more than it already has been?

first of all, banksy does stencils, no?

second, i'm sure your city has big legal walls and ad walls. they might not be as cool as real graffiti, but at least someone of repute (hopefully) is getting paid.

graffiti isn't the way most writers get money. the ones that do probably have day jobs.

the guys in the suits are just pulling strings, making loot. no harm, not much foul.

ha shit I just saw it as a post on some other blog site and thought Id throw in the thread...didnt think it would spawn such hate. I only threw it in CH0 to get some reaction because the Duty Free and Untitled area is so dead space or just plain limited opinions. I personally like banksy and I feel that he isnt respected because A: hes not an american graffiti artist B: he does stencils C: He has galleries. Thats just to show a few reasons Ive heard in the past.

Respect him for showing very strong and controversial art. His stuff is based on issues in the world not just the fancy abstract bullshit you see all other artists pumping out or that other stuff thats just literally candy art.

Respect him for staying illusive. I mean I dont know how far it goes but it seems hes still anonymous. Hes popular and people still flock to his work knowing they wont see him. You got other graffiti artists that are popular like Cope2, seen, KAWS, HENSE etc producing shit and putting stuff in galleries, showing faces, and becoming public. Banksy from the looks of is holding back and doesnt seem like hes going the way of the flock. I respect that about him because I too always loved that about graff.

Sheit sorry I got angst against Hense for the whole scion and cartoon network graffiti car thing. IMa stop because Im been drinking and need to just let it all go.