Mayweather Vs Marquez July 18th

LexDiamonds

Golden Boy Promotions announced the return of Floyd Mayweather Jr. to the boxing in a press conference at the Hollywood Theater of the MGM.

wsw9pu.jpg

Mayweather will fight Juan Manuel Marquez on July 18 at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in a tiff dubbed as “Number One vs. Numero Uno.”

Mayweather, 32, has not fought since his 10th round stoppage of Ricky Hatton in a WBC welterweight title bout in December 2007. He has a career record of 39-0 with 25 knockouts.

Marquez (50-4-1, 37 KOs) on the other hand, the World Boxing Association lightweight champion, will move up in weight for the fight.

This is gonna be a big fight for both of them.

Mayweather wants this dude.

Manny Pacquiao

28mmnev.jpg

Gonna be one of the best fights in a while.

I think Mayweather will beat Marquez.

And then I think he will go on to stay Undefeated after his win over Pacquiao.

Discuss.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

THIS PUNK MOTHER FUCKER WILL NOT BEAT PACQUIAO.

It's about time he fought a real mother fucker who will not fall for his dumb bob and weave shit. His belts have no merit to me, he's in the sport of boxing and should be fighting instead of bullshitting.

Pacquiao DESTROYED Hatton much worse than Mayweather. If speed has been an issue with regards to anyone beating him, Pacquiao is just as fast and throws his punches a lot more effective than Mayweather.

Remember, Pacquiao has speed and is also a power-puncher - his hands are heavy. Mayweather's fast/soft cat punches aren't hurting a nigga like Pacquiao...Mayweather isn't a striker.

Waiting patiently.

It's about time he fought a real mother fucker who will not fall for his dumb bob and weave shit. His belts have no merit to me, he's in the sport of boxing and should be fighting instead of bullshitting.

Pacquiao DESTROYED Hatton much worse than Mayweather. If speed has been an issue with regards to anyone beating him, Pacquiao is just as fast and throws his punches a lot more effective than Mayweather.

Remember, Pacquiao has speed and is also a power-puncher - his hands are heavy. Mayweather's fast/soft cat punches aren't hurting a nigga like Pacquiao...Mayweather isn't a striker.

Waiting patiently.

So you're telling me, Because Pacman beat Hatton worse than Mayweather did, it's a wrap???

All of that is irrelevant, My dude is 39 and 0.

That's a zero, no one has beat him like you expect him to get beat.

I'm just saying.

Have you ever seen Mayweather knocked out by a body shot in the 3rd, no.

And you're smoking if you think Pacquaio is faster than prettyboy.

Who knocks someone down 3 times in the 1st round, then gets a draw in the 12th.

A fucking draw, It's nice to be liked by judges.

:lol: :lol:

I bet Mayweather don't come out of this fight with a draw.

I can't wait for this fight. It's not going to be a walk in the park for mayweather like most will think. I think he'll win in the end, but marquez is very smart and has a heart of gold. He won't just sit there and take it, it's going to be a good fight if mayweather decides to fight and not run around looking for the counter-punch. I think mayweather will take it, but it's going to be a good fight and i'd love to see marquez win to see marquez pacquaio 3

:huh: :huh:

Dude cmon. I love boxing just as much as the next dude, BUT its turning more and more into the wwf everytime i see a big fight. The Hatton fight was the biggest scam ive seen since Pacquaio/De la hoya. There is no way Mayweather loses to marquez. And it has nothing to do with who is the better fighter. Its money. You and everyone else knows that. And if its a golden boy promo, count on the first pac/mayweather fight being close and most likely boring. It will be a split 1-1 and theyll let the fighters have the 3rd fight. BIG MONEY. And hatton isnt a bitch like that, but if someone offered you 10mil to take a fall, would you do it, Knowing you will never get the payday you deserve? Mayweather is the baddest dude in the ring right now. PERIOD Pacquaio will lose to this dude straight up, and i don't think itll be close. Dude toys with people. It's ridiculous. I hate him too. But give props where there due. He is the man. And i like manny too, but may got him on skill, and isnt far behind with speed. You wanna see something scary watch him jump rope.

Waiting patiently.

• Like 1

Looks like we have some boxing fans. Nice.

Anyways, this fight has been postponed due to a "sudden injury" to Mayweather's ribs during training camp. Pure ploy by the Mayweather camp. Most likely to get some more ticket sales, if it's not doing well, or because he doesn't want to end of fighting Mosley, since he knows that would be his toughest fight of his career being the much smaller guy, as well as having to deal with Sugar Shane's speed.

I've been following boxing for as long as I can remember so trust when I say I know my shit.

As of late, boxing has been nothing but a business. With the welterweight division overloaded, it's been a constant juggle between promoters to get the best fights and biggest PPV's.

Bob Arum has pretty much closed the deal with Pacquiao - Cotto for November, by the way. Best believe Pacquiao has about two, at most three more fights before he hangs it up and gives Queen Elizabeth the father she needs.

Mayweather - Marquez in July, if Money Mayweather gets better (if not, postponed till September)

Pacquiao - Cotto in November

That leaves Joshua Clottey (who just lost to Cotto by a point in a split decision this past Saturday), Shane Mosley, greeny Andre Berto, Paul Williams, and possibly Antonio Margarito (in no particular order) left waiting.

he's a dope fighter im pretty sure he'll be able to put up a good fight against mayweather

And he might get lucky and win

I understand what your saying mn but thats the thing. Theres not nearly as much money involved for that to happen. Thats the fucked up thing. You know how a fights going to end without even watching it. Most of the time.

Ticket sales aren't doing so hot from what I hear. I think that's the reason it's postponed as well. Someone posed a good thought on this, by moving the fight to september 19 (mexican independence day weekend which lands on sep 16) ticket sales will pick up since the mexican community will end up dropping money to support our boy Marquez.

My heart is with Marquez but I know Mayweather will take it. Full 12 rounds, no knockdowns and most likely a 1 point win like Marquez-pac 2. I'm really hoping he pulls the upset though, he truly has the heart of a warrior and great counter punching abilities.

As for cotto-pac, Even though I like cotto I don't think he will do too well by the way he was moving against clottey. Pac is going to be much faster, especially since his team is good at asking for catch weights and making everyone go down in weight like a motherfucker. They wanted Mosley to go down to 142! :huh: Either way he(cotto) held up great even with that big ass gash. Clottey I hear called out P. Williams.

fuck the welterweight division is so fustrating right now. got all my favorite boxers just sitting around getting old. they need to hurry up and make the fights happen that the fans wanna see. Pacman is on FIRE right now and they need to get Mayweather to stop playing that Las Vegas poker bullshit and get these guys in front of each other but since GoldenBoy is trying to model all their fight schedules after Oscar's career this shit is becoming boring and the momentum is getting lost.

Mosley x Mayweather and Pacman x whoever needs to happen and while i'm ranting I really thing Malignaggi needs another chance