PLACES TO GO/ THINGS TO DO IN SPAIN

wonkerock

So I'm going to Spain, specifically Madrid and Barcelona. I have never had the pleasure of traveling in Spain, and I was wondering what people who had been could suggest for me to do while I'm there (beyond the obvious touristy stuff). I'm mostly interested in good cheap bars to visit, cafe spots, paint shops, etc. I want to go and have a good time, and I hopefully paint while I'm out there. Just wondering if yall can help out before I step off the plane in a foreign country with nothing to do. :)

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

GO TO IBIZA. THERE'S SO MUCH FOREIGN TRIM, YOU'LL BE SWIMMING IN PUSSY ALL FUCKING NIGHT. The clubs and Dj's are the best in the world and they're all starting to open right about this time of the year. It's a short flight from Madrid to the Island. Ibiza is paradise mayn.

Barcelona has a lot of good skate spots, and is a very skate-friendly place. If you're into that type of thing...

Never kicked it in Madrid much. Just passed through a few times.

Have fun.

WTF. Maybe that was sarcasm but last thing I heard from Barca is when they practically banned skateboarding in public places. This was like +1 years ago. Earlier, every dude and their parents were filming their own skate videos there. Same thing with graffiti dance, they migt not tolerate it as much anymore.

Anyway i wouldn't KNOW since I never been there but everyone who've told me about it have had super fun in barcelona, even without a plan whatsoever...Personally I'd just straight go for the cheap sangria in milk-like containers.

Also if you don't know, Barcelonians apparently have beef with Madrid. so dont go referring them as spanish. They're catalonian

Skateboarding isn't banned. I was there in December, last year and never got kicked out of a spot or even hassled really. A couple of the more famous ledge spots (MACBA Ledges...) were recently anchored and all of the local kids seem to know how to remove skatestoppers. Crowbar + Sledgehammer = win. Check out Los Porchus and Sants Estacio.

Anyways, Ibiza.

So I'm going to Spain, specifically Madrid and Barcelona. I have never had the pleasure of traveling in Spain, and I was wondering what people who had been could suggest for me to do while I'm there (beyond the obvious touristy stuff). I'm mostly interested in good cheap bars to visit, cafe spots, paint shops, etc. I want to go and have a good time, and I hopefully paint while I'm out there. Just wondering if yall can help out before I step off the plane in a foreign country with nothing to do. :)

I know in Barcelona they have a bike tour

http://fattirebiketours.com/barcelona

I would recommend going, they are fun.

ocho y medio in madrid is a nice club. just make sure you dont go before 230-3am. tis dead. if you havent been to a superclub go check out pacha or something. the clubbing is better and cheaper on mainland spain than ibiza.

grab some don simon sangria, some tins and hit them streets theyre more fun than the clubs.

i managaed to be in madrid during the first snowfall in 10 years and it was fun. dodge the african hookers as much as you can they get tirbo agressive.

theres a bar off the gran via that has its own kegs at everytable and you just pay for what you drink like a gas station but for beer.

ima veggie but the food there is pretty darn good.

barce is fun as fuck. you dont need any adivce for it, but if you stay at kabul hostel, sneak up on to the roof and watch the sunrise or sunset. so nice.

Guest 50million

my boy really wants to visit the basque region. im thinking of buying him a ticket to spain/france. is that too ridiculous of a birthday present?

basque food = ftw!

and my ex was from spain. spain rulz.

my boy really wants to visit the basque region. im thinking of buying him a ticket to spain/france. is that too ridiculous of a birthday present?

basque food = ftw!

and my ex was from spain. spain rulz.

watch this

http://www.guardian.co.uk/global/video/2008/oct/16/el-bulli-ferran-adria

and read anything you can about Ferran Adria and El Bulli

and this one too:

Guest 50million

el bulli is such a weird concept. they aren't open during weekends, and not usually for lunch....the restaurant hasnt made money since 1999, so the chef creates books and other things to keep the restaurant open. 43 courses of crazyness.

That's the beat part of travelling. Figuring it out as you go.

I'm guessing you're staying at a hostel? You'll meet plenty of other travellers who will have plans and would be more than happy for anoher person to join.

Spain is excellent you will have no trouble having fun.

Check out the museums. Barcelona beach(topless). Tapas bars. Gothic district in Barcelona.

Be prepared to sweat yer balls off tho.