Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
wonkerock

PLACES TO GO/ THINGS TO DO IN SPAIN

So I'm going to Spain, specifically Madrid and Barcelona. I have never had the pleasure of traveling in Spain, and I was wondering what people who had been could suggest for me to do while I'm there (beyond the obvious touristy stuff). I'm mostly interested in good cheap bars to visit, cafe spots, paint shops, etc. I want to go and have a good time, and I hopefully paint while I'm out there. Just wondering if yall can help out before I step off the plane in a foreign country with nothing to do. :)

GO TO IBIZA. THERE'S SO MUCH FOREIGN TRIM, YOU'LL BE SWIMMING IN PUSSY ALL FUCKING NIGHT. The clubs and Dj's are the best in the world and they're all starting to open right about this time of the year. It's a short flight from Madrid to the Island. Ibiza is paradise mayn.

Barcelona has a lot of good skate spots, and is a very skate-friendly place. If you're into that type of thing...

Never kicked it in Madrid much. Just passed through a few times.

Have fun.

Pretty much what he said.

I spend most of my time at my families places up in Pego in the mountains, if you get the chance to see any of rural Spain, do it.

WTF. Maybe that was sarcasm but last thing I heard from Barca is when they practically banned skateboarding in public places. This was like +1 years ago. Earlier, every dude and their parents were filming their own skate videos there. Same thing with graffiti dance, they migt not tolerate it as much anymore.

Anyway i wouldn't KNOW since I never been there but everyone who've told me about it have had super fun in barcelona, even without a plan whatsoever...Personally I'd just straight go for the cheap sangria in milk-like containers.

Also if you don't know, Barcelonians apparently have beef with Madrid. so dont go referring them as spanish. They're catalonian

I recommend the drinking... and fun, be on the look out for fun

I never been but a co-worker is from 'The Basque Country' and insists it is a culinary and scenic must. Apparently like 4 of the top ten restaurants in the world are there or something.

Skateboarding isn't banned. I was there in December, last year and never got kicked out of a spot or even hassled really. A couple of the more famous ledge spots (MACBA Ledges...) were recently anchored and all of the local kids seem to know how to remove skatestoppers. Crowbar + Sledgehammer = win. Check out Los Porchus and Sants Estacio.

Anyways, Ibiza.

So I'm going to Spain, specifically Madrid and Barcelona. I have never had the pleasure of traveling in Spain, and I was wondering what people who had been could suggest for me to do while I'm there (beyond the obvious touristy stuff). I'm mostly interested in good cheap bars to visit, cafe spots, paint shops, etc. I want to go and have a good time, and I hopefully paint while I'm out there. Just wondering if yall can help out before I step off the plane in a foreign country with nothing to do. :)

I know in Barcelona they have a bike tour

http://fattirebiketours.com/barcelona

I would recommend going, they are fun.

got to the palace just outdside madrid! the name escapes me but it's about an hour out side madrid. check your guidebook!

it's cool!

If your in Barcelona just buy a tourist map and rent a bike, the city is pretty small and we managed to basically see all the main sites in a day.

plus its quite a cycle friendly place

• Like 1

ocho y medio in madrid is a nice club. just make sure you dont go before 230-3am. tis dead. if you havent been to a superclub go check out pacha or something. the clubbing is better and cheaper on mainland spain than ibiza.

grab some don simon sangria, some tins and hit them streets theyre more fun than the clubs.

i managaed to be in madrid during the first snowfall in 10 years and it was fun. dodge the african hookers as much as you can they get tirbo agressive.

theres a bar off the gran via that has its own kegs at everytable and you just pay for what you drink like a gas station but for beer.

ima veggie but the food there is pretty darn good.

barce is fun as fuck. you dont need any adivce for it, but if you stay at kabul hostel, sneak up on to the roof and watch the sunrise or sunset. so nice.

Barcelona - go to the barceloneta stop on the subway and let the Moroccan dudes bring you hash and beers all night.

also go to Figueres and check the Dali museum.

Guest 50million

my boy really wants to visit the basque region. im thinking of buying him a ticket to spain/france. is that too ridiculous of a birthday present?

basque food = ftw!

and my ex was from spain. spain rulz.

It kind of annoys me that McDonalds calls themselves a restaurant and have it up with their sign.

What would prefer, gas station? pharmacy?

Guest 50million

basque-df.png

pincho_sobrasada_mascarpone1.jpg

Ratatouille.jpg

41qLANB-U1L._SL500_AA280_.jpg

my favorite cheese

my boy really wants to visit the basque region. im thinking of buying him a ticket to spain/france. is that too ridiculous of a birthday present?

basque food = ftw!

and my ex was from spain. spain rulz.

watch this

http://www.guardian.co.uk/global/video/2008/oct/16/el-bulli-ferran-adria

and read anything you can about Ferran Adria and El Bulli

and this one too:

Register for a 12ozProphet forum account or sign in to comment

You need to be a forum member in order to comment. Forum accounts are separate from shop accounts.

Create an account

Register to become a 12ozProphet forum member.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now