4 MORE YEARS!!!

El Mamerro

iran liking western culture certainly explains what you were questions (why english on their signs).

english signs, distinctive positive symbols (orange, tulips, roses), and extensive (biased) media coverage are usually an indicator that Soros' Open Society Institute is somehow involved in a political process.

they are trying to get the worlds attention.

as i said before "the world" as in "world public" can nothing do to help them. and for the "official world" is iran of utmost geostrategic importance anyway.

Asgari was said to have leaked information that showed Mousavi had won almost 19 million votes, and should therefore be president.

[/b]

http://www.guardian.co.uk/news/blog/.../iran-uprising

interesting. but theres still no real proof.

• Like 1

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mousavi and Kharoubi didn't attend Friday prayers where Khamenei said no more protests.

Kharoubi aid said today's protest to go ahead.

Senior commander of Iran police just said that any more protests against the election results will be dealt with firmly and with determination.

It's 1pm local time now, protest starts at 4pm local time.

Today's the day where the next 10 years of the Middle East is decided.

No one I've talked to about what's been going on in Iran really seems to know about it, much less care. Oh well, par for the course.

I think it's pretty cool that the people have finally decided to nut up on the clerics for the first time in 30 years, but something tells me that this is not going to go away anytime soon.

• Like 1

^

i'm in contact with an iranian expat. he calls his relatives in Tehran several times a day to stay updated on the situation. according to him govt forces and militia use teargas, police sticks, knives and occasionlly guns against protesters. people are standing on the roofs shouting "Allahu akbar" "down with the dictator" or "down with Chamenei". a militia dept in south Tehran is burning.

this is what the protesters demand:

1) Freedom of all political prisoners

2) Public prosecution of those involved in the killings

3) Abolishment of Capital Punishment

4) An end to compulsory veiling

5) Unconditional freedom of expression, organisation, strike and

protest

6) A minimum wage of 1 million tooman/month

No one I've talked to about what's been going on in Iran really seems to know about it, much less care. Oh well, par for the course.

found a pretty good summary/explanation of events on Fark:

Fark Iran

I found this part encouraging:

things are going from bad to worse for the Basij and they are starting not only to lose ground, but to fear for their safety. There are many reports that most Basij forces are now hiding their identities with masks for fear of reprisal. There are websites being created featuring images and often identities of Basij who have been violently repressing students, calling for actin to be taken against those men. Now the youth have started to hunt Basij as well. In their own neighbourhoods, where they know each others, they are now laying trap to known basij members, using side streets and houses to attack. They strike, and then they hide, only to regroup further, launch another attack and disperse again. Every house is unlocked and they have the tacit support of the population while no help helps the Basij. This might explain why the IRG has been called to take a more active role in the future.

i was reading the book lipstick jihad, and there was a part in there about an encounter they had with the basiji...pretty fucked up shit.

basically, a guy was with his girlfriend, and iran you cant be boyfriend/girlfriend....if you are in the streets with someone of the opposite sex, they can only be your relative or husband/wife.

so the basiji came up to the guy (early 20's) and his girlfriend and asked if they were boyfriend/girlfriend...the guy played it off like he didnt even know her, and they just happened to be standing next to each other at the intersection waiting for the light to change......so the basiji (17-19 years old) punches the guy right in the mouth to see if theres a reaction from his girl....she plays it off like she doesnt even care about him cause she doesnt know him....the guy cant even hit the basiji back.

the book is based on a true story....so shit like that happens all the time....its good to see people finally fighting back instead of being bullied by these young thugs.

i believe the middle east should become partners with the world and wor towards true and meaningful peace and solidaity within the middle east. they already have ties with eachother but not really like usa britain france and australia. some countries in the midle east look like they have a good 10 years ahead of them and some other look like they will be destroyed or destroy themselves.

what do you all say about the next 10 years in the middle east? as far as alliances and international diplomacy?

i believe the middle east should become partners with the world and wor towards true and meaningful peace and solidaity within the middle east. they already have ties with eachother but not really like usa britain france and australia. some countries in the midle east look like they have a good 10 years ahead of them and some other look like they will be destroyed or destroy themselves.

what do you all say about the next 10 years in the middle east? as far as alliances and international diplomacy?

death, destruction, war, famine, murder, bombings, unrest, overthrow, occupation.

what i wanted to say in short was that i think that the midle eastern peoples should act like brothers and rise up. i think that nuclear power will help them do so. NOT NUCLEAR WEAPONS!

they should combine minds and resources and stop separating and begin a new middle eastern world. MORE UP TO DATE WITH THE TIMES!

What do have against the people on the street protesting for fair votes, freedom of information, equal rights for women, etc.?

My mistake, being vague again.

I was talking more of the power players. Ahmadinejad, Mousavi, and Pahlavi. I'm aware there are a lot more people involved. Just trying to be more specific. Regardless to however it turns out, it just seems that it's going to deteriorate further.

I have absolutely no beef with the citizens of Iran venting their frustration. Regardless if the CIA and MOSSAD are over there helping stir shit up or not.

As too Casek's post yes, that too.

• 3 weeks later...

Seeing some movement here.

Egypt allows Israeli navy craft (including nuke capable subs) through the Suez, Obama says some stuff on CNN, Hilary says some stuff at CFR and now there is a "leak" to an English rag saying that these navy movements are an indication that Israel is making serious preps for a strike and other Arab states (namely Egypt) are backing the move. The article also said that the US and Israel are making a deal that Israel will recognise a two state solution for the Palestinian issue in return for US backing on a strike on Iran within the year.

Of course that is bullshit but these moves (mostly being the leak) are intended to pressure Iran in to direct negotiations with the US. The reason why it is happening now is because the IRanian leadership is divided after the election and Rafsanjani is making some moves behind the scenes. This is not to say that Mousavi/Khatami/Kahroubi et al are sympathetic to the US, more so that the regime is devided and therefore decision making capabilities are not at their peak. That causes stress for the regime and just adds to the pressure, which the US hopes will become too much and something will eventually give.