MGMT video questionable?

freakeenyc

Uhh they've had a few in Australia. I guess not so much in America. They get played on repeat a fair bit on commercial radio over here.

Not dissing your country, but speaking from a recording industry perspective

The Aus top 40 is about the 5th or 4th tier market, behind canada, UK, western European, and possibly china...

So from my perspective, a top 10 hit in Australia still is relatively underground, and by no means popular

Look at Blondie circa 1981

Rapture was a hit in the Australian market first when they were relatively unknown outside the downtown nyc scene

Now with globalization and the Internet, that means even less

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • 2 weeks later...

There are some great sounding bands out today (mostly because they're emulating great sounding bands from years ago), visually however they lack everything.That may sound like Im saying a great band's gotta be able to look cool in a music video too... well, that may be sort of shameless to say, but to some extent IT'S TRUE. I look at music videos sort of as a sneak preview of their concerts. You definitely wont see me at a MGMT concert. Seems to me like they're idea of a fun time is dressing up as a bunch of thundercat transvestites.

On that note tho, the video isnt all bad. the lyrics to the song are as cynical as the music video and the kid in the music video is cool.

Keep staying mad you fucking dumbcunt.

sonny-chiba.jpg

and you keep riding jocks.. come at me from nowhere.. who the fuck are you? i know you're all over lex's jock because there's sonni.. and he does karate, not kungfu.. even if the movie is titled kungfu, he's doin karate in it.. so you're a dumbfucked cunt for riding a retards jock so hard.. and a bitch for say'n shit at all when i had no beef with you.. so fuck you FAGGOT, STAY GAY.. like you could be anything but, when you're toss'n those man salads