RIP David Carradine

DA_BEARS

534344.jpg

Actor David Carradine found dead in Bangkok

BANGKOK – Actor David Carradine, star of the 1970s TV series "Kung Fu" who also had a wide-ranging career in the movies, has been found dead in the Thai capital, Bangkok. A news report said he was found hanged in his hotel room and was believed to have committed suicide.

A spokesman for the U.S. Embassy, Michael Turner, confirmed the death of the 72-year-old actor. He said the embassy was informed by Thai authorities that Carradine died either late Wednesday or early Thursday, but he could not provide further details out of consideration for his family.

The Web site of the Thai newspaper The Nation cited unidentified police sources as saying Carradine was found Thursday hanged in his luxury hotel room.

It said Carradine was in Bangkok to shoot a movie and had been staying at the hotel since Tuesday.

The newspaper said Carradine could not be contacted after he failed to appear for a meal with the rest of the film crew on Wednesday, and that his body was found by a hotel maid at 10 a.m. Thursday morning. The name of the movie was not immediately available.

It said a preliminary police investigation found that he had hanged himself with a cord used with the room's curtains. It cited police as saying he had been dead at least 12 hours and there was no sign that he had been assaulted.

A police officer at Bangkok's Lumpini precinct station would not confirm the identity of the dead man to The Associated Press, but said the luxury Swissotel Nai Lert Park hotel had reported that a male guest killed himself there.

Carradine was a leading member of a venerable Hollywood acting family that included his father, character actor John Carradine, and brother Keith.

In all, he appeared in more than 100 feature films with such directors as Martin Scorsese, Ingmar Bergman and Hal Ashby.

But he was best known for his role as Kwai Chang Caine, a Shaolin priest traveling the 1800s American frontier West in the TV series "Kung Fu," which aired in 1972-75.

He reprised the role in a mid-1980s TV movie and played Caine's grandson in the 1990s syndicated series "Kung Fu: The Legend Continues."

He returned to the top in recent years as the title character in Quentin Tarantino's two-part saga "Kill Bill."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/as_thailand_david_carradine

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

David Carradine found dead

BANGKOK (AP) ? U.S. actor David Carradine, best known for his roles in the 1970s TV series Kung Fu and the Kill Bill movies, has been found dead in the Thai capital Bangkok.

A spokesman for the U.S. Embassy, Michael Turner, confirmed the death of the 72-year-lead actor. He said Carradine died either later Wednesday or early Thursday, but he could not reveal further details out of consideration for his family.

The Web site of the newspaper The Nation, citing unnamed police sources, said Carradine was found Thursday hanged in his luxury hotel room, and is believed to have committed suicide.

According to etonline, "His manager Chuck Binder says the actor arrived in Bangkok on Monday to film 'Stretch.' He was found dead Wednesday morning in his hotel room by a member of the production company.

"imdb has a good biography right here. They note that, "David Carradine is the eldest son of legendary character actor John Carradine and now presides over an acting family that includes brothers Keith Carradine, Robert Carradine and Michael Bowen as well as his daughters Calista Carradine, Kansas Carradine and nieces Ever Carradine and Martha Plimpton."

http://thestar.blogs.com/stargazing/

THe BBC originally reported that he was found with a rope around his penis and neck.

They later ammended the story to say 'other body parts' and are not releasing details to respect his family.

Sounds like a death wank gone wrong.

RIP to a crazy motherfucker...

It's a shame, but he's one of those people (kinda like Hunter S Thompson) who I'm not real surprised to see go out on his own terms.

this is also my plan. not out of admiration for these dudes. HST is the shit. its something ive thought about for almost 15 years.

ide like to wait for more news. but dude was prolly sick. who the fuck wants to rot in a bed and die. not me.

Damn. I just read this shit on Yahoo. RIP.

"Bill: Pai Mei taught you the five point palm-exploding heart technique?

The Bride: Of course he did.

Bill: Why didn't you tell me?

The Bride: I don't know... because I'm a bad person.

Bill: No. You're not a bad person. You're a terrific person. You're my favorite person, but every once in a while, you can be a real cunt."

"Bill: I suppose the traditional way to conclude this is, we cross Hanzo swords. Well, it just so happens, this hacienda comes with its very own private beach. And this private beach just so happens to look particularly beautiful bathed in moonlight. And there just so happens to be a full moon out tonight. So, swordfighter, if you want to sword fight, that's where I suggest. But if you wanna be old school about it - and you know I'm all about old school - then we can wait till dawn, and slice each other up at sunrise, like a couple real-life, honest-to-goodness samurais."

"The Bride: You and I have unfinished business.

Bill: Baby, you ain't kidding. "

"Bill: Anyhow, they all fell under her Hanzo sword.

Budd: She's got a Hanzo sword?

Bill: He made one for her.

Budd: Didn't he swear a blood oath to never make another sword?

Bill: It would appear he has broken it.

Budd: Them Japs sure know how to hold a grudge.

[laughs]

Budd: Or maybe... you just tend to bring that out in people. "

"Bill: Once upon a time in China, some believe, around the year one double-aught three, head priest of the White Lotus Clan, Pai Mei, was walking down the road, contemplating whatever it is that a man of Pai Mei's infinite power contemplates - which is another way of saying "who knows?" - when a Shaolin monk appeared, traveling in the opposite direction. As the monk and the priest crossed paths, Pai Mei, in a practically unfathomable display of generosity, gave the monk the slightest of nods. The nod was not returned. Now was it the intention of the Shaolin monk to insult Pai Mei? Or did he just fail to see the generous social gesture? The motives of the monk remain unknown. What is known, are the consequences. The next morning Pai Mei appeared at the Shaolin Temple and demanded of the Temple's head abbot that he offer Pai Mei his neck to repay the insult. The Abbot at first tried to console Pai Mei, only to find Pai Mei was inconsolable. So began the massacre of the Shaolin Temple and all sixty of the monks inside at the fists of the White Lotus. And so began the legend of Pai Mei's five-point-palm-exploding-heart technique.

The Bride: And what, pray tell, is the five-point-palm-exploding-heart technique?

Bill: Quite simply, the deadliest blow in all of martial arts. He hits you with his fingertips at five different pressure points on your body. And then he lets you walk away. But after you've taken five steps, your heart explodes inside your body, and you fall to the floor, dead. "

Man...........