Internet Harassment and Restraining Orders

Weapon X

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

ARGENTINE TESTICLES

In my thirties I lived in Argentina and was married to a student veterinarian. We didn’t have much money, and he happened to have discovered an easy way to make extra cash. He did castrations. He castrated anything for 15 dollars--dog, horse, cow, pig, rat, etc., etc. Inevitably, the testicles arrived in the kitchen in a limp plastic bag and usually partially covered in grass and dirt. These he used to fry up in the frying pan and season with onions and garlic for dinner. I can’t say it was my favourite dish; or even that I ever tried any species other than horse, calf, old horse, and old cow (bull). They ranged in flavor depending upon the age of the animal, which one could clearly see by the size. The easier castrations, younger and more docile animals, were tastier; but I always felt convinced that my husband preferred the more enormous testicles from older stallions and bulls as there was definitely more work involved in the castration and a greater sense of accomplishment once achieved. He’d insist on eating them always; they were never thrown away even though occasionally tough and intense in flavor. I can’t say that he ate them for reasons of machismo; it seemed to me more like a sense of thrift and even as homage to the animal; more in commiseration for its loss, than in the sense of enhancing one’s own virility.

--Liz Pitfield