Going to Berlin

R@ndomH3ro

All the kebab shops here say something about doner kebab.

Some of them will have their vegetarian sandwich listed as a vegetarian doner on the menu.

So I don't know if the doner means the sandwich part or the meat part or what.

They always know exactly what I want and never give me the rotating meat shavings.

And there is always the possibility that they are retards when it comes to naming items on the menu...i've noticed some places aren't really that great with explaining things on menus.

I also have no idea what specific type of cheese they use, I just know it is delicious.

We've gone to tons of different places and so far my favorite is one of the places up the block from us.

I need to start getting their vegetarian yufka...those things rule hard too

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I checked it on the Google Translator for reals, it's Turkish adjective for

1. turning

2. turnable

3. winding

4. swivel

5. rotary

6. rotative

7. rotatory

8. rolling

9. revolving

I guess it's just stuck, sort of like Bolognese pizza/sauce which here is a nice word for a cheap ass meat+tomato sauce. While in italian the word just refers to the area of bologne, which is famous for a tomato sauce or something

Heh!

I said DÖNER because earlier I had no Idea what it means.

Over here in northern EU the kebab meat is always called just kebab, even in places ran by Turkish immigrants. Döner is a non-existent word over here. Then I went to Germany and suddently all they had was this döner kebab. WTF... dinner? It's cheaper?

First I thought it was a German word but apparently it's Turkish for "rotating". I guess Germans just like the word. it's sounds close to Doerner (a common geman name?).

its a regional thing. here in canada nobody uses the term "kebab" they just call them Donairs.

PS - You've lived in Germany how long and you're only now going to Berlin?

dude, people have these things call "jobs". And sometimes these jobs only allow these things called "vacation days" well I have been lacking some of these "days" and I just got a bunch in order to travel around.

I have already been to a bunch of places and now I am going to berlin. Plus Berlin isnt really on my top things to see...I would rather go to Spain or Poland, cause really if you seen one big city in germany...you kind have seen them all.

don't pay for train tickets

Sachenhaussn concentration camp

Bombed out church near the zoo

Free walking tour was really cool

I know BF isn't into graffiti but if you are you'll be glued to the windown of the U bahn

One of my favorite cities

The thing about graffiti is that is it EVERYWHERE here.

Everytime we ride the U/S Bahn...there is non-stop graffiti.

I can see graffiti in my own city everyday...I can't see a concentration camp in my own city.

People keep saying don't pay for the train tickets..when I thought the same thing for a while and from time to time would ride the train with no ticket.

But after seeing people get a 40Euro ticket for not buying a 3Euro ticket..it makes me just want to be on the safe side and go ahead and get one.

We've been asked by the train authorities to show our tickets on NUMEROUS occassions.

It's always much easier just to have one, show it, and then go on with your day.

It's not like we are too broke to pay for a group day ticket for like 15Euro for all of us and then just not have to worry about it.

dude, people have these things call "jobs". And sometimes these jobs only allow these things called "vacation days" well I have been lacking some of these "days" and I just got a bunch in order to travel around.

I have already been to a bunch of places and now I am going to berlin. Plus Berlin isnt really on my top things to see...I would rather go to Spain or Poland, cause really if you seen one big city in germany...you kind have seen them all.

Jobs are for chummmmmmmmmppppppppps.

http://www.myspace.com/hanswurstvegancafe

http://www.yellow-sunshine.com/

http://www.cafe-morgenrot.de/

We'll probably go to these places that one of my friends recommended.

Not that anyone on here actually reads any of my responses, seeing as how I have stated many times that I don't eat meat and people keep suggesting to eat meat.

Meat that if I did eat meat, that I could get in the city I live in...which is about 7 hours from Berlin.

And none of us drink alcohol.

If we did, we would already know about German beers..since (as both of us said) we already live in Germany.

Thanks anyways..

For nothing.

I was just hoping that people that actually live in Berlin would know of some cool non-touristy shit to do.

Whenever I speak to someone who's just been to Berlin and ask them how it was they all make the same face, like a kid who's just come back from a toy/chocolate/fireworks factory. It happened again this afternoon. I went when I was about 16 and had a great time. Need to get back though.

Brandenburg Gates

YES^

i was there for 2 weeks and didnt get my ticket checked once. just going from my experience. im sure your city is covered in graffiti also but berlin attracts people from all over the world who write. meh, whatever.

96hjxc.jpg

this is the bopmbed out church i was talking about. they call it the rotten tooth. the square its in is pretty cool too. a very interesting fountain that reminded me of a log ride.

oh yea before i forget, you gotta try some meat and beer.