Going to Berlin

R@ndomH3ro

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Don't pay for the trains.

Go to Eisenacher Station on the U bahn and just up top one of the sets of stairs is the most amazing kebabs ever. Stupid cheap too.

Drink lot's of Berlinerkindle like somebody said already. It's the rad bottle with the baby in a mug on it.

Give your bottles to bums, they trade them for cash. Or if you are real broke collect glass bottles and trade them for cash.

Do the free bike tour. Well it's not free you tip them at the end if you think it's good. It's good though, it was the only touristy thing I did while I was there and I'm really glad I did it. It's an easy ride around the city that stops off and tells of many of the amazing historical events that have gone down in Berlin. SO much stuff I didn't know. Really worth it.

If you don't do that at least go see the Memorial for books.

Berlin Rules.

<--------- Infinity jealous.

Don't pay for the trains.

Dude, that is a 40 euro fine. I dont know about in Berlin but here in Stuttgart the train cops are getting really strict about tickets.

Couple of days ago I saw them hand out a fine to some lady and her baby and then kick her off the train for not having the right ticket.

I dont need that kind of heat or lose 40 euros when I can be buying mad kebabs to snack on

Might have changed but I bought tickets twice when I was there, from the airport and back to the airport. Because I had all my stuff and had to be on time. I felt like an idiot both times. I didn't once even get a sniff of any form of ticket inspection. Maybe I was just lucky though who knows.

What's most important though is that you definitely don't want to miss out on Kebabs.

My brother has been eating at least one kebab a day since being here.

He can't get enough of them.

Neither of us eat meat, but the vegetarian hand sandwiches are delicious.

None of us drink beer.

I not going to speak for R@ndom, but my brother and I aren't caring about graffiti one bit.

We just want to see cool shit.

Treptower park is cool as well

the russians built it as a kind of fuck you to the germans in east berlin

rode a bike there can't tell you exactly how to get there!

also out side berlin is an area near Lubben which is full of canals

It's home to the only german native minority group called I believe the "Sorbs" check lonely planet for veriufication of name I'm pretty drunk.

Nice hiking good flat easy 11 km's to lubbenau from Lubben.

but possibly not metal enough for yo' bad selves

We wanted to go to Auschwitz, but the flight schedule to Poland was a retard and GermanWings only had flights three days a week and none of them were weekend flights.

And the trains were even more retarded.

I guess Poland could give a shit less if people come there or not.

I wish we could take our bikes with us so we could ride everywhere, but eh..you work with what you have.

I guess we could rent some of those janky bikes for the day and ride around on those.

We'll see how it all plays out.

My brother isn't real into touristy type places and more just likes to wander around and see how people live.

Overkill shop just over the river (halleshes tor I think)

Schlesisches Tor I guess.

Dude, that is a 40 euro fine. I dont know about in Berlin but here in Stuttgart the train cops are getting really strict about tickets.

Buy the ticket. Single tickets tend to be expensive, but 12-hour and 24-hour tickets are available too you know.

The U-Bahn doors close, a plainclothes guy stands up in the middle of the train car, introduces himself, shows his ID and at the next station takes 3 businessmen out for riding without any ticket.

Though never got checked on the S-Bahn.

Schlesisches Tor I guess.

Buy the ticket. Single tickets tend to be expensive, but 12-hour and 24-hour tickets are available too you know.

Yeah, we have the same thing for our U-Bahn here..All Day tickets and group passes.

I dont know if everyone knows this...but I live in Germany, South Germany in Stuttgart.

So I know about busses and trains.....and delicious kebabs.

Just whatever you do, don't go to checkpoint charlie. It's just dumb and fake and disney land ish. I took one look and kept on walking.

There is a LOT of not only historically significant but reaaaally interesting/cool historical places to check out in Berlin. LIke the book memorial that I mentioned. Shit just walking down the street you will see some big old buildings that still have bullet holes in them. Seriously just go on one of the quick bike tours and then go back and look at whatever stuff you liked best for as long as you want. JUST DO IT!!

Concentration camps are supposed to be fun?

oh wow I read my post from last night and I wasn't quite clear on what I meant

Lack of signange in any language in any language besides german was waht sucked about it. not that it wasn't a thrill a minute white knuckle adventure if you get my drift

was abit pissy last night

I know what a doner kebab is...I live in Germany.

I was just saying that because he was like....make sure you get a DONER kebab...versus what other kind of kebab?

I also stated that neither my brother or I eat meat, and we eat vegetarian sandwiches from the kebab place up the block all the time.

In fact, that is what we had for dinner.

R@ndom got a doner teller plate.

We pretty much are alreadt experts on the kebab.

We have the money to eat anywhere we want, and sometimes we just want a handheld sandwich.

Because they are delicious like woah.

Heh!

I said DÖNER because earlier I had no Idea what it means.

Over here in northern EU the kebab meat is always called just kebab, even in places ran by Turkish immigrants. Döner is a non-existent word over here. Then I went to Germany and suddently all they had was this döner kebab. WTF... dinner? It's cheaper?

First I thought it was a German word but apparently it's Turkish for "rotating". I guess Germans just like the word. it's sounds close to Doerner (a common geman name?).