12oz legal advice thread

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I guess I'll put this in here. I just got busted, not by the cops but by my parents. They know I snuck out last night, and are going to ask me where I was when I walk downstairs in a few hours. Do I have any excuses or do I have to tell them, and should I say painting, writing graffiti or what? I can drive so I have no reason to sneak out other then to go bomb.

Here's a scenario,

A person goes to paint some lay ups.

He/She leaves to drop off their paint at home, and pick up a camera to get flicks.

Goes back, takes 3 flicks of their things.

When leaving cops roll up on He/She.

He/She tries to run, but surrenders once cops catch up.

He/She has paint all over their fingers (which doesn't match up with the train the cops think they painted)

He/She also has caps in their pockets

Then cops search car to find 2 cans in back seat, and say one empty in the trunk.

All in which are colors that did not match the piece.

Cops also confiscate the camera, and a disposable camera, and some negatives found in the trunk.

Most pictures are of He/She's work on trains.

He/She seems to have some evidence that says other wise.

But police arrest anyways, and a court date is set.

What do you think ?

Here's a scenario,

He/She leaves to drop off their paint at home, and pick up a camera to get flicks.

He/She has paint all over their fingers (which doesn't match up with the train the cops think they painted)

Then cops search car to find 2 cans in back seat, and say one empty in the trunk.

Cops also confiscate the camera, and a disposable camera, and some negatives found in the trunk.

What do you think ?

Why did the person run in the first place. Not a good idea if they were doing nothing illegal.

What did the person say about the paint on the fingers? the caps in the pocket?

Why did the police search the car? Was permission given to search the car? how did police find the car in the first place? did the person say hey that car over there is mine feel free to search it here are my car keys and if you look in the trunk their is some spray paint. Was permission given to look at the pictures on the camera? What was the reason for searching the camera? Also what state this happened in might help since different states have different laws.

What are the charges exactly?

What did the person say when arrested.

Things like this matter.

Though it sounds like you should be able to get most evidence suppressed especially the search of the car and get off with a trespassing charge if you were trespassing on private property to take the pictures.

Running when you are doing nothing illegal is a fucking stupid move. Letting the police search your vehicle is a stupid move. If they searched it without consent then they need a reason to search the vehicle. You running from them and taking pictures of graffiti is not reason enough for them to search a vehicle.

So it sounds like they just found you taking pictures of graffiti while trespassing on private property. The trespassing is a crime, taking pictures of graffiti is not. Having paint on your hands is not a crime, neither is having spray paint in your car. Especially given the fact that you say the paint on the hands did not math the colors of the recently done graffiti. Did they take a picture of your hands? if they did make sure your lawyer gets that picture as evidence. Take it to trial and make them prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that you painted those trains and somehow got the wrong colored paint on your hands from doing it. Since I find it hard to believe that I would be using lets say silver black and red paint to paint a train and would end up with green blue and yellow paint on my hands from it. Their is also the expense of a trail, depending on where you are located it might not be worth it for them to actually prosecute you at trial for a graffiti charge, or even a trespassing charge.

So talk to yo lawyer and make sure that son of a bitch is paying attention to your case. Raise these issues with him and see what he has to say.

Here's a scenario,

What do you think ?

I think......

...... i have better things to think about than hypothetical arrest situations you asshat

justhereforthenight and KD1>> you two queer lovers are stupid. I wasn't talking to you. And if you really have something better to do, than go to a different graffiti web site, or did you fill up all their forums with gayer comments already ?

And who says ASSHAT ?

Sounds like your bitch made.

Got a problem and i need some help fast

My "friend" got caught trafficking fifteen pounds of crystal meth

and they also found a small bag of heroin on my "friend".

my "friend" dont have any money for a lawyer right now cause he

spent the last of it on the meth that he was trying to sell.

So what can he do?