An Air France aircraft carrying 215 people has disappeared off the radar

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Maybe they'll all end up on a deserted island where they'll have wacky adventures and build bamboo cars! :)

Or maybe they crashed on the side of a mountain and will be forced to eat their dead brethren to survive. :(

:o

I've been following the shit all day on one of the aviation enthusiast forums. There are a lot of plausible theories as to what might have happened, but it will probably be some time until we learn. Only thing is, a lightning strike is probably one parts of a series of events that caused the disappearance.

Many nationalities on board, presumably most having dual citizenship (one being Brazilian and the other European). Several high-ranking officials from Michelin were on board, as were a few civil servants from Italy.

If it went down, which is very likely, it is probably a few miles beneath the surface of the ocean...

This is spooky shit. From what I understand the approx route has been mapped out and I expect it has been surveyed. I imagine typically there is a bunch of shit floating in the water around a crash site. Saying strange nothing has been found.

Well if it were a storm along with the currents in the ocean...I dont think too much is still gonna be where it hit. Definitely expect some beach wash ups. Pretty sure any coast around that vicinity is gonna have some dead people washed ashore. Feel bad for the random kid that comes across that.

I've been following the shit all day on one of the aviation enthusiast forums. There are a lot of plausible theories as to what might have happened, but it will probably be some time until we learn. Only thing is, a lightning strike is probably one parts of a series of events that caused the disappearance.

Many nationalities on board, presumably most having dual citizenship (one being Brazilian and the other European). Several high-ranking officials from Michelin were on board, as were a few civil servants from Italy.

If it went down, which is very likely, it is probably a few miles beneath the surface of the ocean...

word?

keep the news coming - that's crazy interesting.

Maybe bad timing but:

A Blonde is watching the news with her husband when the newscaster says “Over 200 Brazilian people die in an airplane crash.”

The blonde starts crying to her husband, sobbing uncontrollably and says “That's horrible, how could this happen?”.

Concerned, he says, “Yes dear, it is sad, there was a storm and sometimes this happens.”

After a few minutes, the blonde, still sobbing, says, “How many is a Brazilian?”

• Like 3

Maybe bad timing but:

A Blonde is watching the news with her husband when the newscaster says “Over 200 Brazilian people die in an airplane crash.”

The blonde starts crying to her husband, sobbing uncontrollably and says “That's horrible, how could this happen?”.

Concerned, he says, “Yes dear, it is sad, there was a storm and sometimes this happens.”

After a few minutes, the blonde, still sobbing, says, “How many is a Brazilian?”

:lol:

Last time I checked they were looking all over the fucking atlantic. Fact is they don't know for sure where it went down.

It's nearly impossible to comprehend how vast area they're looking at here.

If bodies are gonna wash up on shores somewhere it's probably gonna be coast of Brazil, but it could take months if not years.

It's 360 miles off coast MINIMUM and we're not exactly talking about lightning express when it comes to sea currents.

There was a 300km wall of thunderstorms along the flight path when it disappeared. Keep in the mind this is near the equator, and storms are bad. This one was a tropical depression in particular, and the plane went right through it.

Some say that lightning might have disabled some electronics on the plane - one of the automated alerts sent to AirFrance maintenance headquarters was for an electronic short circuit. This may have possibly disabled the weather radar, as well as radio.

And since they were flying through a potentially dangerous storm, which it was, turbulence could be a huge factor. Another automated alert which was transmitted was for depressurization, which may suggest that the plane was breaking up as a result of encountering heavy turbulence.

Unfortunately, the plane only had enough fuel for the haul to Paris-CDG, so really the only option it had was to turn around back to Brazil or go straight through. The storm was so large that a diversion would have been unfeasible.