cyberbullying act

lord_casek

5/22/2008--Introduced.

Megan Meier Cyberbullying Prevention Act - Amends the federal criminal code to impose criminal penalties on anyone who transmits in interstate or foreign commerce a communication intended to coerce, intimidate, harass, or cause substantial emotional distress to another person, using electronic means to support severe, repeated, and hostile behavior.

http://www.opencongress.org/bill/110-h6123/show

“Whoever transmits in interstate or foreign commerce any communication, with the intent to coerce, intimidate, harass, or cause substantial emotional distress to a person, using electronic means to support severe, repeated, and hostile behavior, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than two years, or both.”

discuss this blatant restriction on free speech and how it might affect seeking and glik0.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

this is a blatant act of destroying our free speech this is not the only thing though there trying to introduce a new bill that says if you say anything about not liking another religion or race you can go to jail that mean if a church preacher says homosexuality is wrong he can go to jail now i dont approve of that mentality but i defenitly dont approve of peoples right to say whatever the fuck they want about who ever the fuck they want

its called the anti hate bill hr 1913 heres an article about it

http://www.davidduke.com/general/help-defeat-hate-bill-s-909-there-has-never-been-a-moment-in-american-history-when-the-survival-of-freedom-so-depended-on-you_9811.html

just saying... i got into a law suit for sexual harassment becuase i said penis alot and like some other fucked up shit (as a joke) to some devout christian hoe on my friends computer (without knowing) and got off clean

i dont just see why people cant close im windows and shit (and block people)

now that was probably random because i didnt read what people said i just read the thread name....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Satire

If I make a funny/smartass comment in passing, that doesn't mean I hate someone or want them dead.

The Megan Meier case is sad but if you can't tell the difference between Lori Drew and Channel Zero then that's even sadder.

Either way, this is ridiculous. If this bill passes then we are truly a stupid nation and we deserve everything we get.

This is exactly what certain groups have wanted for a while. Look at the animal enterprise terrorism act This bill runs along similar lines. Freedom of speech is being eliminated in this country at an alarming rate and no one seems to notice or care. The pentagon actually considers the internet to be a threat to America since it allows for the free exchange of ideas. These ideas threaten corporate profits, and allow people the freedom to act without restriction in a non governmental controlled environment.

So this bill is no big surprise, of course look at all the bills that got passed in the Clinton era and you will see who really had a hand at destroying our freedom of speech on the internet.

*The Cult Of Skaro*

• 2 weeks later...
no this is against lunatics with internet alter egos that go a little too far

im not sure if it is your right to PwN NUbZxOrz to the point of harrasment

they can get over it like all of us do.

were you ever bullied in school? did you bring a gun to school and extinguish said bully?

no? do you know why you didn't? was it because you fought or were adult enough to shrug it off?

the woman who pretended to be a boy just to harass that little girl is scum, but not worth taking away my free speech for. there are other angles that the law can work to go after such a person. we don't need new laws that would restrict us....or attempt to.

Man I already sanded off my fingerprints, I'm wanted in 7 Midwestern states for Capitol cyberbullying related to various juggalo forums, juggalo websites, and of course juggalo video chat on jtv

RichDirty is the prosecutions star witness!!! I'm facing serious RICO time for everything I spawned!

Man I already sanded off my fingerprints, I'm wanted in 7 Midwestern states for Capitol cyberbullying related to various juggalo forums, juggalo websites, and of course juggalo video chat on jtv

RichDirty is the prosecutions star witness!!! I'm facing serious RICO time for everything I spawned!

:lol: :lol: :lol: