volunteering!

autoteller

Any of you guys volunteer your time? I just got done volunteering for the bike parade in boston today, and it kicked ass! Totally awesome to be helping out little kids have a kick-ass time! Any of you guys volunteer your time to anything kickass and worthwhile? I've got some time coming up at the animal rescue league walking dogs and playing with the recovering animals, too!

• Like 1

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

i did a roof for habitat for humanitya few years back. it was a one bedroom one bathroom for this poor hawaiian family of 4 but it was dope seeing how happy they were. i did a lot of work in houston too (wasnt volunteer though). i was on this work program because i had gotten into some trouble with the law. but just talking to kids from broken homes, feeding homeless people, shit like that felt good to me. even if i was there because i had done shitty things.

in elementary, they made us read to the juniors. i didnt see the point, considering half of them are probably ex-cons & janitors (internships for ex-cons) by now

im down to volunteer with animals because of their general good nature

helping people though, fuck that (ironic, i know)

my decision regarding any possible future volunteer work was made when i visited an animal shelter & a swarm of love-deprived kittens in a room designed for them rushed me. i didnt have enough hands to pet them all, so i sat on the floor & let them express their love to me in a stricly platonic manner

i got the mother fuckin presidential service award for volunteer work. 3000 hours logged in 2008. Did emergency disaster response mostly, responding to floods and blizzards. Had the chance to go to hurricane rita but couldnt leave for an entire month. also included running a charity film festival for doctors without borders, reframed a basement for habitat for humanity, and did some enviromental resotration projects.

closed it as soon as i saw "donating money"

that part is obviously voluntary like the job itself, but theyre suggesting you pay to teach others

backwardass logic

good for you though, it says a lot

generally speaking, when it comes to donating money as opposed to time, seeing the result in person is key for me. unless i talk to an orphan & believe they werent coached, i will continue to believe that an unnecessarily large amount of the donated funds go to a system of fat, holy war-advocating assholes

unless theyre homeless. i gave them that money to enjoy whatever poor decision that put them in that situation to begin with. no need for me to stick around & make sure theyre having a good time. the result itself is when i see them beggin on the streets afterwards. if it turns out they spent that money to help turn their lives around, thats just a bonus & i will have gained a little more faith in people

its a gamble

cleaning feeding and holding birds of prey (minus eagles) for vets at a wildlife rehab center as well as public edumacation at said rehab center. if i had enough money for a car and a place out in the country and the other stuff i needed to do it, i'd become a falconer...

closed it as soon as i saw "donating money"

that part is obviously voluntary like the job itself, but theyre suggesting you pay to teach others

backwardass logic

good for you though, it says a lot

generally speaking, when it comes to donating money as opposed to time, seeing the result in person is key for me. unless i talk to an orphan & believe they werent coached, i will continue to believe that an unnecessarily large amount of the donated funds go to a system of fat, holy war-advocating assholes

unless theyre homeless. i gave them that money to enjoy whatever poor decision that put them in that situation to begin with. no need for me to stick around & make sure theyre having a good time. the result itself is when i see them beggin on the streets afterwards. if it turns out they spent that money to help turn their lives around, thats just a bonus & i will have gained a little more faith in people

its a gamble

I think you've misinterpreted we DON'T pay to teach them, but they do accept donations if you want to give money (like any community organisation).

I think you've misinterpreted we DON'T pay to teach them, but they do accept donations if you want to give money (like any community organisation).

nah, i got it

i know organizations like these all accept donations, i was merely referring to the upfront suggestions to donate displayed at the top of their page

im over it though