Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
autoteller

volunteering!

Any of you guys volunteer your time? I just got done volunteering for the bike parade in boston today, and it kicked ass! Totally awesome to be helping out little kids have a kick-ass time! Any of you guys volunteer your time to anything kickass and worthwhile? I've got some time coming up at the animal rescue league walking dogs and playing with the recovering animals, too!

• Like 1

i used to volunteer for wwf but it was all office paper work.

i would love to read to kids because i love kids and i enjoy reading aloud.

no homo what? I don't get it?

if you say no homo with no sentence attached, it just means he's gay. just some insurance for himself.

theres already a volunteering thread (but it probably got lost during the meltdown)

i volunteer all the time.

ive fed the homeless, volunteered at the local hospitals and fed cock-hungry females.

Guest 50million

lil bobby hutton literacy program. bbp teaching kids how to read and write.

i did a roof for habitat for humanitya few years back. it was a one bedroom one bathroom for this poor hawaiian family of 4 but it was dope seeing how happy they were. i did a lot of work in houston too (wasnt volunteer though). i was on this work program because i had gotten into some trouble with the law. but just talking to kids from broken homes, feeding homeless people, shit like that felt good to me. even if i was there because i had done shitty things.

in elementary, they made us read to the juniors. i didnt see the point, considering half of them are probably ex-cons & janitors (internships for ex-cons) by now

im down to volunteer with animals because of their general good nature

helping people though, fuck that (ironic, i know)

my decision regarding any possible future volunteer work was made when i visited an animal shelter & a swarm of love-deprived kittens in a room designed for them rushed me. i didnt have enough hands to pet them all, so i sat on the floor & let them express their love to me in a stricly platonic manner

i got the mother fuckin presidential service award for volunteer work. 3000 hours logged in 2008. Did emergency disaster response mostly, responding to floods and blizzards. Had the chance to go to hurricane rita but couldnt leave for an entire month. also included running a charity film festival for doctors without borders, reframed a basement for habitat for humanity, and did some enviromental resotration projects.

I'm a volunteer beer drinker. I do it every weekend plus nights after work. It's often difficult and thankless, but at the end I feel good knowing that I did it out of the kindness of my heart.

its something that i would love to do ifi had more time... once things in my life slowdown i can definatly picture myself volunteering at an animal shelter.

I volunteer for a homeless shelter around the way. It is whatsup, some of the dudes there are mad cool and have crazy stories to tell you. Some of the other dudes there are just crazy.

closed it as soon as i saw "donating money"

that part is obviously voluntary like the job itself, but theyre suggesting you pay to teach others

backwardass logic

good for you though, it says a lot

generally speaking, when it comes to donating money as opposed to time, seeing the result in person is key for me. unless i talk to an orphan & believe they werent coached, i will continue to believe that an unnecessarily large amount of the donated funds go to a system of fat, holy war-advocating assholes

unless theyre homeless. i gave them that money to enjoy whatever poor decision that put them in that situation to begin with. no need for me to stick around & make sure theyre having a good time. the result itself is when i see them beggin on the streets afterwards. if it turns out they spent that money to help turn their lives around, thats just a bonus & i will have gained a little more faith in people

its a gamble

I'm going to volunteer with the foods not bombs people, but I can't really brag because its actually for community service. I just like the irony in being referred by the city court to a group of people on the FBI's terrorist watch list.

cleaning feeding and holding birds of prey (minus eagles) for vets at a wildlife rehab center as well as public edumacation at said rehab center. if i had enough money for a car and a place out in the country and the other stuff i needed to do it, i'd become a falconer...

Register for a 12ozProphet forum account or sign in to comment

You need to be a forum member in order to comment. Forum accounts are separate from shop accounts.

Create an account

Register to become a 12ozProphet forum member.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now