the Dondi book

mapo wc

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

THE DONDI BOOK RULES. BUY IT NOW. IT IS WORTH EVERY PENNY. DONDI IS A LEGEND AND YOU ARE NOT WORTHY. PURCHASE NOW. THE BOOK WILL TAKE OVER YOUR BEING. IF YOU DON'T OWN IT, THEN YOU ARE A WORTHLESS PIECE OF SHIT WHO DESERVES TO GET TRAMPLED IN THE TOKYO SUBWAY.

well, got a bit carried away there. but the sentiment is right. the dondi book is a must-have for anyone that writes graffiti. who's your daddy? dondi is

Guest JoeHatesCops

im going to have to get that dondi book, i just got the art of getting over finally, and this other dumb bitch did the same thing that happened to mapo, except she picked out this dumb art of peace book or something, and when i said it was a bout graffiti, she got a lot less helpful, but i ordered it and a week later, i got it. reading the reviews on here makes me want tog et the book real bad

Guest sneak

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE tell me that i will be able to buy this book in england?????????? please please

i want it.........

the dondi book is tentimes better than the art of getting over, which was really really badly written - interesteing and good flicks, but horribly written. The dondi book is actually written well, has good flicks, and is worth the twenty dollars i spent on it at THe STrand - if there are any ny heads skip barnes and noble....

Originally posted by mapo wc

is that the book with the Lee interview? how is it? I really like Lee's trains and want that book just for the interview.

if your talking about the classic interview with lee about his wholetrain, then you mean "Getting Up" by Craig Castleman. Its on amazon I think...

Guest killdsg

dondi

this book is indescribable. When I read it, the magic that I felt as a 12 year old reading Subway art came back. Pretty much all styles can be traced back to kings like Dondi, they were and are the foundation! Anyway the book was amazing, and Duro, if you are still reading this thread, thanks so much to you guys for bringing it out, it is beyond appreciated. Respect to the king, DONDI R.I.P

• 3 weeks later...

getting up by "craig castleman".

this is the one with the lee whole train interview.

A MUST.

Another dope book...

Subway Lives by Jim Dwyer. - its short stories on the nyc subway.

dope too.

The style master general is one of the greatest spotlights to one of the greatest most influential writers this world has ever and will ever see.

STYYYYYLE!

Guest SIKFUK

dondi? you got to be kidding.this guy done alot for the graff game, and the book is excellent, also recommend, espo's book, seen's book, and graffito, these 4 books are a must, if you want to call yourself a writer.

Originally posted by SIKFUK

dondi? you got to be kidding.this guy done alot for the graff game, and the book is excellent, also recommend, espo's book, seen's book, and graffito, these 4 books are a must, if you want to call yourself a writer.

seens book? whats that called. the dondi book is dope, it is definetly worth it. and the espo book is crazy too, tons of good info in there too.

the dondi book is one of the best graff books i've read

i like how it shows the outlines then the exact pieces on the trains

it's also incredible how he did so much quality stuff when he was 15-16

respect for the king

the book changed my view of my own graff and made me revalueate my letter form

also i just relized that the art of getting over - also a great book

was written by espo- which is my favorite writer

Archived