Judge Soto's Views

NewAccount12345

look here

http://www.scotusblog.com/wp/judge-sotomayors-appellate-opinions-in-civil-cases/

What i got out of it is that she voted not to allow some foia request about fbi agents lying in one case. And a slight bias towards hispanic issues. She is against gun rights as well refering to teh second amendment. Im unclear on international law but she has a few civil rights cases that she has made decisions on. read on for yourself

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
slight bias? she's on the boad of la raza. their motto is "for the race everything, for the rest nothing".

No it isn't. It's hysterical how a phrase originally taken from the Cuban Revolution ("Por la revolución todo, fuera de la revolución nada!") has been twisted, rephrased, and carefully reassociated from group to group (Cuban Revolution > Plan Espiritual de Aztlán > MEChA > La Raza > NCLR) and finally subverted by conservative pundits to make it appear to land squarely on her lap.

But I get you man, it's all the same mexican shit, right? Fuck em.

No it isn't. It's hysterical how a phrase originally taken from the Cuban Revolution ("Por la revolución todo, fuera de la revolución nada!") has been twisted, rephrased, and carefully reassociated from group to group (Cuban Revolution > Plan Espiritual de Aztlán > MEChA > La Raza > NCLR) and finally subverted by conservative pundits to make it appear to land squarely on her lap.

But I get you man, it's all the same mexican shit, right? Fuck em.

"Por La Raza todo [sic]. Fuera de La Raza nada" [“For the race everything, outside the race nothing”]

ok, you don't want to talk about her racist shit, let's talk about her views on guns. she's written books expressly claiming that guns should only be in the hands of military.

fuck her.

this is our 2nd amendment. it is the lifeblood of america and probably the only thing keeping us from getting run over and turned into some bullshit 3rd world nation.

"I would never invade the United States, there would be a gun behind every blade of grass."

- Isoroku Yamamoto, Fleet Admiral, Commander-in-Chief, Imperial Japanese Navy

I'm not fond of her stance on guns, and not a big fan of some of her previous rulings either. The New Haven fire dept. decision was horseshit.

I'm only calling out bullshit on the La Raza thing. Too many people, including yourself, are jumping on that shit and taking it a face value without any research, and the quick acceptance is, I think, very telling of their views of hispanics in general.

I'm not fond of her stance on guns, and not a big fan of some of her previous rulings either. The New Haven fire dept. decision was horseshit.

I'm only calling out bullshit on the La Raza thing. Too many people, including yourself, are jumping on that shit and taking it a face value without any research, and the quick acceptance is, I think, very telling of their views of hispanics in general.

i don't hate hispanics. i'm not sitting here calling you a spic or any other racist term.

i certainly don't hate mexicans, either.

what i do hate is racist people/organizations who infiltrate our country. la riconquista, for example.

"In the spirit of a new people that is conscious not only of its proud historical heritage but also of the brutal "
gringo
" invasion of our territories, we, the Chicano inhabitants and civilizers of the northern land of Aztlan from whence came our forefathers, reclaiming the land of their birth and consecrating the determination of our people of the sun, declare that the call of our blood is our power, our responsibility, and our inevitable destiny."

-
El Plan Espiritual de Aztlán

And its not about hating hispanics, it's about the bizarre conservative obsession over any indication of reverse racism, and the elevating of it to a top talking-point priority no matter how slight or vague (or even incorrect) it may have been. They're just chomping at the bit to catch minorities doing it so they can feel better about themselves and rub it in their faces when they cry foul.

And its not about hating hispanics, it's about the bizarre conservative obsession over any indication of reverse racism, and the elevating of it to a top talking-point priority no matter how slight or vague (or even incorrect) it may have been. They're just chomping at the bit to catch minorities doing it so they can feel better about themselves and rub it in their faces when they cry foul.

i think she was caught. i forgot about that comment she made about a hispanic woman doing a better job than an old white man sitting on the bench of the supreme court.

wtf is that? aren't you supposed to judge on the fruits of ones labors and not on race or age?

sounds pretty racist to me.

what if i got on tv and said "i think i could do a better job as a white male than some old black man"? what do you think people would say? that would be considered racist, no?

i'd probably be lynched by a crowd of angry black folk.

i'd deserve it if i said something like that.

aint this the same bitch that said the 2nd amendment is up for states to decide wether or not people can have guns and that guns are only for the military and the bitch who said that she would be better then a while supreme justice because shes latino

fuck that racist ass bitch

i find it disturbing that her view would be against the second amendment. i mean what do they protect their homes with, the police showing up 20 minutes later after youve been murdered?????????

also she is against free speech in many ways and this is a flaw in my view i say the executive branch head should recommend someone with great knoledge in law and a background of constitutionalism. a fair objective judge. i believe when one of these judges is appointed it should be closely scrutinied by the public. peopl already think we are joining with mexico and canida and our sovereignty is in jeopardy. appointing a mexican to teh court would be a lynchpin of that so called secret movement towards N.A.U.

poor old white men they are so discriminated against these days, haha

that isn't the point. the point is that people should be judged on the fruits of their labor, not the color of their skin.

she is the one making a racist statement.

does her being hispanic make her more qualified than someone else? no.

Was it stupid of her to make that statement? Yes.

Was it a racist statement? Probably.

Was it truthful nonetheless? Absolutely.

Call me a racist all you want, but I have zero doubt that a female minority will have, with few exceptions, undergone a slew of particular situations, both in favor and against her, that a typical white male in the US simply won't experience under normal circumstances. And I fully believe that experiencing those situations firsthand provides her with a more ample palette from which to make more robust and just decisions for people of all genders and races.

Of course, the reaction to that statement, due to poor wording, has been the usual reactionary backlash and accusations of reverse racism. If a former military official running for office claimed his military background gave him an upper edge over his non-military opponent, due to the tough decision-making and team-leadership-under-stress experiences he underwent, no one would even think twice about it. But then someone comes up and says "Hey I've been through experiences of both being discriminated against as well as favored over others for my gender and race and thus I probably understand better the issues of inequality we face in the US than someone who hasn't been through that"... and that's somehow just fucking unacceptable. Come on.

Was it stupid of her to make that statement? Yes.

Was it a racist statement? Probably.

Was it truthful nonetheless? Absolutely.

Call me a racist all you want, but I have zero doubt that a female minority will have, with few exceptions, undergone a slew of particular situations, both in favor and against her, that a typical white male in the US simply won't experience under normal circumstances. And I fully believe that experiencing those situations firsthand provides her with a more ample palette from which to make more robust and just decisions for people of all genders and races.

Of course, the reaction to that statement, due to poor wording, has been the usual reactionary backlash and accusations of reverse racism. If a former military official running for office claimed his military background gave him an upper edge over his non-military opponent, due to the tough decision-making and team-leadership-under-stress experiences he underwent, no one would even think twice about it. But then someone comes up and says "Hey I've been through experiences of both being discriminated against as well as favored over others for my gender and race and thus I probably understand better the issues of inequality we face in the US than someone who hasn't been through that"... and that's somehow just fucking unacceptable. Come on.

you admit it's probably racist and still defend her.

what do you think she'll do to us? she's a gun grabber, has obvious racial biases,

etc.

just based on the fact that she wants to take guns away, i think she's wrong for our country and does not deserve a seat.

I think the way she said it came off as racist, and those not inclined to digging deeper as to what she meant by it are completely justified in thinking it was racist, because it claims racial superiority in a way.

But digging deeper and thinking about what she meant by it, which is obviously too much to ask for from most people, reveals a perfectly understandable case of individual experience under certain natural circumstances, that happen to deal with race and gender (funny how the gender aspect of the statement is pretty much ignored in the backlash).

I don't understand why you keep switching to the gun argument when I already mentioned I don't support her views on that. I'm only stepping in to argue the racism accusations, to point out how quickly people jump on that first instead of other issues without thinking about it, and how indicative and telling it is of them to do so.

I think the way she said it came off as racist, and those not inclined to digging deeper as to what she meant by it are completely justified in thinking it was racist, because it claims racial superiority in a way.

But digging deeper and thinking about what she meant by it, which is obviously too much to ask for from most people, reveals a perfectly understandable case of individual experience under certain natural circumstances, that happen to deal with race and gender (funny how the gender aspect of the statement is pretty much ignored in the backlash).

I don't understand why you keep switching to the gun argument when I already mentioned I don't support her views on that. I'm only stepping in to argue the racism accusations, to point out how quickly people jump on that first instead of other issues without thinking about it, and how indicative and telling it is of them to do so.

i'd be satisfied with a woman, a black woman, a hispanic woman, a japenese woman, etc.

i don't really give a fuck.

but i want someone who will not base her judgments on her personal views. i want an unbiased person who i can trust. i do not trust this woman.

i don't think you have to dig deeper. i think she said what she meant.

She certainly meant what she said, people are just not getting what it was. They're too busy going OMG RACIST to think about it. Did the way I explained not make sense in any way?

Digging deeper is certainly important when dealing with a SCOTUS nomination I'd say.

She certainly meant what she said, people are just not getting what it was. They're too busy going OMG RACIST to think about it. Did the way I explained not make sense in any way?

Digging deeper is certainly important when dealing with a SCOTUS nomination I'd say.

yes, it's important to dig deeper into her history as well as her statements, but i'm pretty sure this one was point blank what she meant.

as i said, i don't think anyone who is against our constitution should be anywhere near

that seat.

I really don't want such a super-leftist activist bitch chomping against the bit of rational thought in order to make policy and dictate the future of our country for the next 30 or so years.

I think the La Raza thing is being blown way out of perportion when you can just look at the horrible ruling she made in the New Haven firefighters case. That's what sold me against her over some bad public speaking choices and her association with La Raza

i'd be satisfied with a woman, a black woman, a hispanic woman, a japenese woman, etc.

i don't really give a fuck.

but i want someone who will not base her judgments on her personal views. i want an unbiased person who i can trust. i do not trust this woman.

i don't think you have to dig deeper. i think she said what she meant.

She is just another egomaniacal judge who views her seat as a way to leave her permanent mark on the political landscape. Judges like this forgo the whims of the people in order to dictate policy towards their own personal goals. She Has a history of ruling in order to set precedences as opposed to making rulings out of fairness.

I really really really will be mad if this bitch gets in...

She is not the type of person I want in that seat for the next several decades

I think Mamero's response is Spictacular!

I don't think it's incorrect, the bitch said something that was racially biased plain & simple. I don't care what color you are, if you feel your race is better than everyone else's then it's not someone I want sitting on a court. The justice system was fucked long ago, maybe even from the start, it's unfortunate that these days you can wave it out there like a flag and peeople act like they won't salute but they don't do anything about it either. This includes many more people than her, plenty of govt people do illegal shit w/o consequence, but judges and the like should be held to the same standards they are there to preside over.