Breaking into the Art Scene

Hayabusa

this is my 2 cents

just run in it all by yourself.

for example

recently a person approached me with the idea of running an art show in the following couple of months and when i talked to her about it it all sounded cool...allthough i realized that she wanted to do " art snobbish" stuff

i decided to book my own show at a local bar, collected a bunch of canvasses and vintage skateboards and made a little portfolio and have the show coming up in a few months....

anyway i hope that helps ^ anybody that wants to do art shows... my advice is to do it indepenent of the existing art community.

fuck em.

there are a lot of posers in the art game.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • 2 weeks later...

no fuck the art snobbish thing.

theres a thin line somewhere between getting paid for art and being a sell out...

i felt like this chick wanted me to sacrifice my integrity.

and besides....

fuck art money...

be a man ... get a job

everybody can do whatever they want but thats my thoughts on this subject.

bojangles... you dont know what your talking about?

these art snobs are broke as shit.

It is you good sir who doesnt know what theyre talking about...Bojangles has already put forth a view on the scene when it comes to the subject of this thread.

You used the term "sell out" in one of your posts and just by that Im judging you inexperienced....

Not trying to start a fight via this thread. I wanted to just defend the nay saying towards Bojangles.

half white

still working on the full white ones

but the half white one is pretty dope

haha thats awesome Hayabusa. I hate to say it but I do tend to dig a lot of the girls creeping around in art shows....I got a good eye when it comes to picking out the Genuine ones...althought mostly those are the ones that dont usually go to the show, they creep the day after the opening in the crowd less rooms.

• 3 months later...

These were quickly dropped

The Great Leap Forward centered on a new socioeconomic and political system created in the countryside and in a few urban areas--the people's communes . By the fall of 1958, some 750,000 agricultural producers' cooperatives, now designated as production brigades, had been amalgamated into about 23,500 communes, each averaging 5,000 households, or 22,000 people. The individual commune was placed in control of all the means of production and was to operate as the sole アラド RMTaccounting unit; it was subdivided into production brigades (generally coterminous with traditional villages) and production teams. Each commune was planned as a self-supporting community for agriculture, small-scale local industry (for example, the famous backyard pig-iron furnaces), schooling, marketing, administration, and local security (maintained by militia organizations). Organized along アラド戦記 RMTparamilitary and laborsaving lines, the commune had communal kitchens, mess halls, and nurseries. In a way, the people's communes constituted a fundamental attack on the institution of the family, especially in a few model areas where radical experiments in communal living--large dormitories in place of the traditional nuclear family housing-- occurred. (These were quickly dropped.) The system also was based on the assumption that it would release additional manpower for such major projects as irrigation works and hydroelectric dams, which were seen as integral parts of the plan for the simultaneous development of industry and agriculture.FF11 RMT

• 1 month later...

Somebody earlier mentioned creating a website to keep an online portfolio. What free blog site would be best to do this? I know there's Wordpress, Blogspot, Tumblr etc, but which is best for keeping a photo blog of your work? I'm trying to find a place online for my work, so I can start keeping a viewable place for work.

• 2 weeks later...
Somebody earlier mentioned creating a website to keep an online portfolio. What free blog site would be best to do this? I know there's Wordpress, Blogspot, Tumblr etc, but which is best for keeping a photo blog of your work? I'm trying to find a place online for my work, so I can start keeping a viewable place for work.

i like flickr.

It also helps to learn some basic HTML and do ur own site with ur own domain etc. It doesnt have to be flashy. Id say half the artist websites ive gone to have been so hard to navigate because of all the bullshit that i tend to just close them. Keep it simple!