North Korea Conflict

This is my Username

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In addition to North Koreas nukes, its special forces are something to be reckoned with as well.

Highly trained and indoctrinated theyre no joke

The guerrilla tactics, and mountains tactics are the basic tactics in the North Korean Force’s principal doctrine, principal strategy and preemptive surprise strike against South Korea. So, North Korean Special Forces are not mere special forces in the globally common idea, but also are basic tactical units with equal status to regular forces. Furthermore, one of their most powerful units is substantially under direct control of the national top leader, Kim Jon Il.

(1) North Korean Force’s principal doctrine

North Korean Forces’ Principal Doctrine is the “Combination of Regular and Irregular Tactics” even in present days. This comes from the fact that the root of North Korean Force is the irregular force founded by Kim Il Sung for armed conflict against Japan.

(2) North Korean Forces’ Principal Strategy

North Korean Force’s principal strategy is the “Cubic Strategy”. The Cubic Strategy is the combination of ‘regular and irregular tactics’, ‘big and small units’ and ‘new and old-fashioned arms ’.

(3) Missions of Special Forces in Preemptive Surprise Strike against South Korea

It is said that the following 3 missions are given to Special Forces:

①form the second fight line on the southern side of DMZ ,by using the underground tunnels,

② make whole of South Korea a battle field at the same time by performing airborne, air maneuvering , landing and guerrilla penetrating operations,

③legalize the preemptive surprise strike by causing to request the North Korean support by disguised guerrillas to make internal disturbances in South Korea by penetration of Special Forces.

http://www.drc-jpn.org/AR-6E/fujimoto-e02.htm

Heres an old article

5 killed in shoot-out between S. Korean troops, infiltrators

submarine

November 5, 1996

Web posted at: 1:30 p.m. EST (1830 GMT)

SEOUL, South Korea (CNN) -- South Korean troops shot and killed two suspected North Korean infiltrators Tuesday, but lost three men in the fierce gun battle.

The slain North Koreans were believed to be among the last three infiltrators still at large after their submarine was stranded off the east coast of South Korea on September 17. Of the 26 men believed to have been aboard the sub, one has been captured and 24 others have been found dead or killed by South Korean troops.

dead North Koreans

Two South Korean officers and a soldier were killed when the North Koreans opened fire with M-16 automatic rifles and hurled grenades at pursuing South Korean troops about 6 miles from the border with the communist north, Seoul officials said. About a dozen other South Korean soldiers were wounded.

The North Koreans were wearing South Korean army fatigues and carrying the standard South Korean army M-16 rifles. South Korean troops are continuing an intensive search of the area for the remaining suspect.

items on display

Seoul's special forces had been combing the rugged east coast mountains just south of the Demilitarized Zone (DMZ) since Monday when the two North Koreans fled after being stopped by southern soldiers, he said.

* A North Korean shark class sub ran aground near the city of Kangnung, on the east coast of South Korea. A taxi driver came across two "prowlers" on the night (0055 hours) of September 19, 1996. He also noticed an odd vehicle just off shore and contacted police. A massive manhunt was begun, which ultimately ended with one captured North Korean Submarine, a captured North Korean Commando, 13 North Koreans killed by South Korean Forces (and another 11 killed by their own team) and 17 South Korean dead (13 Military and four civilians). Maps and Weapons ranging from assault rifles to RPG-7's were recovered from the sub.

* On June 24, 1998 near Sokch'o, a North Korean submarine was spotted, stranded with its propeller fouled by fishing nets. The South Korean Navy took it under tow and over the period of two days moved it to the port of Kang-Reung. South Korean EOD and Special Mission Unit members boarded the vessel where it was found the entire crew had died, some killed by others who later killed themselves. As with the earlier submarine, assault rifles and RPG-7's were dfound in the hull, and in this case explosives were found.

* On December 18th, 1998 members of the South Korean Army Coast guard spotted a high-speed boat pass by 2km off shore using an infrared optical scope. Patrol boats rushed to the scene and gave chase in an effort that ultimately saw action by eight patrol boats, P-3C II Orion and S-2E Tracker anti-submarine aircraft, Lynk helicopters, CN-235 cargo aircraft operating as flare ships, and a flight of F-5 fighter/bombers. After repeated orders to surrender were finally answered with gunfire, one of the SOuth Korean patrol boats opened fire and hit the fleeing vessel with three 40mm grenades. Five depth charges dropped in its path sealed its fate and the vessel sank. The body of one armed agent wearing a wetsuit was recovered a couple of hours later, an autopsy revealed that he had died before the boat had sunk by ingestion of a poison capsule. An intensive search for the vessel's mother ship was mounted but nothing found.

* In December of 2001 ships of the Japanese Coast Guard sank a suspicious vessel after it refused to stop and fired upon them with machine guns. The boat was later raised and determined to be a North Korean surveillance vessel designed to look like a fishing trawler. It had special communications and surveillance gear, however, as well as secret double doors in the stern that allowed a fast, semi-submersible boat to launch and recover. It was also heavily armed, carrying russian Ilga-2 anti-aircraft missiles and RPG-7's.

CACash, you kind of contradicted yourself a little bit here. First you say that the DPRK SF are no joke and then you post numerous stories of their failures. Of course, how are we going to know of their successes if they were indeed successful. However, these stories above have just indicated that they are not afraid of dying.

DPRK has not been in any real conflict (save these above posted SF/spying incidents and two small, contained naval clashes on the northern limit line (NLL)) since 1953. The US has a huge amount of all kinds of experience since then and both ROK and Japan have had military deployments for the UN or other supportive roles in places like Iraq, Afghanistan, Africa, etc. So to say that the DPRK SF are no joke is to only go off what is written about their training, not any kind of actual track record. Something you need to keep in mind when assessing a combat force.

what on earth is this God's Child shit and how on earth can it edit my post 9 minutes before I've even pressed send?

That happens to me sometimes too. Most of the time if you refresh the page or check back munites later, it's gone.

This is why I have said that a ground war with North Korea will take A LOT of US soldiers' lives. We need to try to avoid war with them at all costs, because though they are known to bluff and flex their muscles as scare tactics, they still have the second most army of the face of the earth (in my opinion anyways).

This Is My Username:

If you have accurately captured what your teacher said in class the dude needs to go back to teaching wholistic medicine at his local community college. What he said was total crap and displays very little knowledge in how even the most basic aspects of this kind of issue works.

DPRK Grand Strategy

Be recognised as a nuclear power and as a result be seen as a first class power on the global stage. Secondary goal is to continue the line of power as to how the current leadership wishes.

DPRK Tactics Used to Achieve Grand Strategy

Construct a nuclear deterrent in order to deter any greater power from attacking and deposing the current leadership and also use the implicit threat of nuclear attack to compel other nations in the region to create policy favourable to the DPRK.

Variables Facing DPRK Strategy and Tactics

China is DPRK's only real friend in the world. DPRK trade is at about USD$3.82bn and 75% of that is with China that DPRK runs at a USD$1.28bn deficit. So it's pretty obvious that DPRK is completely dependent on China for trade and most of all for imports (such as food, fuel and steel) that if cut off would create acute and severe hardship for the citizens of DPRK. In short, China supports the DPRK.

Why does China support DPRK?

Two main reasons; DPRK is a useful buffer zone between China and ROK/US forces. If DPRK falls there will be at least 5-10 million refugees poring over the border into China. Secondary considerations for China is that when the US approaches China looking for assistance in dealing with the DPRK, China will get something from the US for their help. Also, whist the US is focused elsewhere it stops them from paying 100% attention on China.

What does China think about DPRK Testing Nukes?

They're not overly fond of it. Last test in 2006 resulted in China backing UN sanctions, froze some DPRK assets in Macau and implemented a strict inspection policy of DPRK vessels in CHinese/HK ports. China does not want a nuclear power neighbour, nobody does. Secondly, the more DPRK militarises the more ROK and Japan will have to improve their armies. This means ballistic and theatre missile defense shields, greater C4SIR/infotech, etc. That means that China will become weaker by comparison if it doesn't do the same thing and China wants to put that money elsewhere right now. So China does not want an arms race in its region and that's what DPRK is forcing by testing nukes and missiles.

Russia

In this situation Russia doesn't mean squat. They have quite minor relations with DPRK and just like China sure as hell don't want some one else in the neighbourhood to have nukes. If you have a gun and your neighbour only has a knife you are the stronger one. But if your neighbour goes and buys a gun then you're both equal again, he has effectively reduced your power by making himself stronger. That's what DPRK is doing to everyone around them by both having nukes and starting an arms race. Russia will back UN sanctions as will China.

If there was a war between the US and DPRK there is no way Russia would get involved. Why would they? Russia already has its hands full dealing with NATO expansion on its Eastern and Baltic borders and Caucuses region. Russia doesn't mind DPRK giving the US shit as it divides US attention and allows russia some room to move, but it does not want nukes and sure as hell won't get involved in a war.

Will There Be a War on the Korean Peninsula?

More than likely not. Nobody wants war, least of US and DPRK.

US doesn't want war because the DPRK really is a distraction at the best of times. DPRK has no strategic resources like oil/gas, uranium, ore, arable land, large fresh water lakes and it isn't even strategically placed enough to add to what the US already has. US already has 25 000 troops in ROK and a naval base in Japan with Marines, etc. It has all the strategic placement it needs in the region and even that is more important for China than russia as Moscow and the other population capitals are on the other side of Asia. The only thing the US has to gain out of war with DPRK is getting rid of a little annoying cunt called Kim. And that will come at great cost.

ROK doesn't want war with DPRK because it will probably get flattened. DPRK has a huge fucking mass of artillery and missiles pointed straight at Seoul, which is only a few kilometers from the border/DMZ. If war were to start Seoul would take a massive beating before those guns could be taken out. Only a massive operation of multiple strikes on command (Pyongyang), communications, ammo dumps and gun placings could take that out before they did unacceptable damage to ROK and the build of those required forces would gain too much attention to make it feasible. Secondly, if ROK/US was to win the war, who's going to take care of the 22 million plus people who already don't have enough food and energy with a coherent government? War is not an option for ROK.

DPRK doesn't want war because they will inevitably lose. Sure, they will smash Seoul, they will hurt Japan and possibly give the US a black eye by hitting their bases in the region (if they can get a missile on target, which is questionable). But, they will eventually fall and that's the last thing any government wants. DPRK will take it as close to the limit as possible (brinksmanship) by launching another ICBM (in about 2 weeks give or take) and another larger (this next one should be 20 kilotons) nuclear test in about a month or two. They will also more than likely instigate a limited naval clash on the NLL with ROK navy and will start moving troops around and sending armed guards into Panmunjom.

The only real risk of war is that some one will walk to close to a red line somewhere and things will spiral out of control but it is quite unlikely that will happen.

DPRK knows that the US is tied up in the Middle East, South Asia and Eastern Europe/Caucuses. The US doesn't have the bandwidth to make serious moves on DPRK right now and Pyongyang is milking that window for all it can get. It will take this time to create as serious a crisis as possible all the while improving its nuclear capability. When it suits DPRK they will return to the negotiating table albeit in a stronger position.

DPRK has said the NLL no longer exists, nullified the 1953 Armistice Agreement, tested nukes, launched any number of short, mid and intercontinental missiles and will more than likely push a few more limits such as restart the Yongbyon reprocessing plant before its done. So when it comes around to negotiating there will be so many immediate matters needing attending to that it will be able to trade off a few of them for hefty concessions..., the main one being recognition as a nuclear power.

That has always been the #1 game plan of DPRK, that is their main agenda. However their is another variable in the mix right now as well. In August last year Kim Jong-il suffered a serious stroke and is yet to fully recover. Kim also has not sufficiently prepared one of his sons to take over from him. This means if KJI dies or grows weaker there will be a power vacuum. As with every government there are groups and factions all with differing opinions and agendas. Since Lee Myung-bak came to power in ROK and removed a lot of the ROK concessions to DPRK the moderates in Pyongyang have lost influence (probably executed) and the hardliners in the military have started pushing. This is leading many to believe that KJI is now playing super tough in order to show he's still not to be fucked with, to gain favour and support from the military hardliners and keep anyone from other nations at a good distance whilst he tries to consolidate power.No one really knows if it's true or not but it sounds plausible to me.

Guys, these situations are extremely complicated and I've really only just covered the basics. What I'd really like to get across to you is that before you have an opinion on this kind of thing you have to read heaps of stuff. It's fine to have a chat about and throw ideas around but don't ever fool yourself that you understand complex issues if you haven't read extensively on all the different facets and opinion. Hope this went a little way to doing that for you.

Oh and one more thing...

US going to war with China to release them from debt is the stupidest fucking thing I've ever come across in regards to anything..., ever.

I'm not even going to bother explaining the multitude of reasons why. If your teacher actually said that he is a dead set fucking idiot and should not be teaching that subject.

Guys, these situations are extremely complicated and I've really only just covered the basics. What I'd really like to get across to you is that before you have an opinion on this kind of thing you have to read heaps of stuff. It's fine to have a chat about and throw ideas around but don't ever fool yourself that you understand complex issues if you haven't read extensively on all the different facets and opinion. Hope this went a little way to doing that for you.

Which is why I said "I wonder what christo-f has to say about this." I don't mind bullshitting about NK, to me it's like talking about someone's asshole neighbor.

Which is why I said "I wonder what christo-f has to say about this." I don't mind bullshitting about NK, to me it's like talking about someone's asshole neighbor.

Yeah, absolutely. Having a chin wag about interesting stuff is the go, especially about freaky shit like DPRK. I just get disappointed when dudes go round saying what's what when they have seen a CCN news broadcast. This type of subject is the only thing I'll ever speak confidently on (with a decent amount of disclaimers and caveats!) because it's really the only think I know about. Well...., that and pulling Asian chicks! :cool:

Great post, Cristo.

I don't know what to think anymore about this situation...I just hope this war blows over and never gets off of the ground...I have friends and family in the military. :(

YEs, but if you look closely I've left out a pretty important detail...., what IS America going to do about it? Surely they won't stop at sanctions because there's no way in hell they will want DPRK to get to the point where they can weaponise a nuclear device. That's something that we will have to discuss as this week goes on and the UNSC talk shop and comments are made in the media (one which Gates made yesterday) and what Japan Does, China does, etc. etc.

The people who will be watching this the closest are the Iranians.

They keep talking about "Western aggression" but THEY invaded South Korea...if they were the pacifists they claimed to be then they'd pull a few hundred thousand troops off of the border and actually try to settle some of their grievances with the rest of the world...but they aren't, and that's why no one takes them seriously.

Just like Russia vs Georgia in August.

dudes a douchebag... they need to give him a breast enhancement job... some Double D hookups... put a weave in his shit and a big tattoo of a penis on his back. Stick him in a zoo and let people throw pennies at thim

• Like 1

dudes a douchebag... they need to give him a breast enhancement job... some Double D hookups... put a weave in his shit and a big tattoo of a penis on his back. Stick him in a zoo and let people throw pennies at thim

Got a propsicle outa me!

Nice work, will forward the suggestion on to the relevant parties.

Christo-f, did you ever get to see the "VICE Guide To North Korea"?

http://www.vbs.tv/video.php?id=1438428757

That's the first part, all the other ones are in the sidebar. Everyone in this thread should watch this, it's really fucking strange.

Yeah, I've seen it. If I remember correctly there is a super beautiful girl who can play pool retardedly well..., have contemplated doing an infil-snatch-exfil to marry her a few times. Hot AND can smash the pool table...., damn.

Kim, Mugabe, Burma Junta, etc. If there is a hell, I hope they have a whole floor booked for each of them.

China Suspends North Korea Exchanges, Yonhap Reports (Update1)

Share | Email | Print | A A A

By Kyung Bok Cho and Dune Lawrence

June 1 (Bloomberg) -- China suspended government exchanges with North Korea after Kim Jong-Il’s regime last week tested a nuclear device and fired short-range missiles, Yonhap News said.

China has halted plans to send officials to North Korea and won’t accept visits from Kim’s government either, the Korean- language news agency said today, citing unidentified diplomatic sources in Beijing.

China’s foreign ministry has said the country “resolutely opposes” North Korea’s nuclear test. China on May 25 agreed with the U.S., Japan and Russia to work toward a United Nations Security Council resolution censuring North Korea. The U.S. and Japan want the statement to call for cutting the communist country’s global financial ties, UN diplomats said.

China’s foreign ministry didn’t immediately respond to a faxed request for comment today.

CACash, you kind of contradicted yourself a little bit here. First you say that the DPRK SF are no joke and then you post numerous stories of their failures. Of course, how are we going to know of their successes if they were indeed successful. However, these stories above have just indicated that they are not afraid of dying.

I didnt contradict myself, my argument wasnt that they were undefeated on the battlefield or that they were some sort of super soldiers. I said they were highly trained and indoctrinated.

Killing your fellow service men and then yourself in order not to be captured by the enemy isnt something that a conscripted peasant just does out of his own initiative. The level of political indoctrination and propaganda these men are given makes these guys something else.

ROK soldiers killed two suspected North Korean infiltrators, but lost three men in the fierce gun battle.

I would say these guys are trained well enough as shown by their ability to inflict more losses than they took.

Granted, this is one single incident but as you pointed out there have only been minor skirmishes between the koreas so i dont have a whole lot of material to work with here.

i seriously dount any country even china would like to go against north korea. they have a massive army, very highly disciplined but who knows, they could easily give up, or fight very well in fear any one who does not will end up in a work camp.

the us can not afford another war, i doubt anyone would support that war.

especially SK as they are scared of the economic burden of millions of north koreans coming over and them being left to deal with all of those people. financially that would be a nightmare for them. it could essentially amount to SK supporting two countries.

China would make mince meat of DPRK in a matter of days. They have the man power, the air power and the sea/missile capacity to change DPRK reality in a matter of days because DPRK really has nothing aimed at China and is not prepared for that outcome. But of course China wouldn't attack for all the reasons I've written above.

There's the provocative exercise I suggested would come. Soon we will have another ICBM launch across Japanese territory followed by another nuke test that this time will be over 20 kilotons. There may also be armed guards sent into Panmunjom peace village and more than likely a naval clash on the Northern Limit Line.

N.Korean Navy 'Steps Up West Sea Activities'

North Korea has apparently instructed naval troops in the West Sea to stockpile more than twice the normal amount of ammunition and artillery shells and staged an unprecedented surprise landing exercise.

A South Korean military source on Monday said the North Korean military has recently instructed patrol boats and coast artillery batteries under the West Sea Navy fleet in Nampo to stockpile more than double the amount of ammunition and shells they keep in normal times. That could be preparation for a possible clash with South Korea.

The surprise landing exercise on the west coast involved high-speed air-cushioned landing craft. The same source said a landing exercise during the month of June was unprecedented in North Korea. "The exercise seems to be a kind of saber-rattling," he said. He suggested that the North is attempting to show South Korea that it could carry out a provocation by a surprise landing.

But South Korean military authorities do not necessarily treat the moves as decisive signs that an armed provocation is impending, though they are watching developments closely. Since a statement calling for an "all-out confrontation posture" against the South on Jan. 17, the People's Army has apparently not given instructions for troops to enter a quasi-wartime state.

Aand here's confirmation as to why this is all going on. KJI is getting the military hardliners behind KJU for a successful transition and no challengers. Once that is is set they will look at returning to negotiations from a stronger position with more points of leverage against the US.

Spy agency confirms N.K. leader's third son as successor: lawmakers

By Kim Hyun

SEOUL, June 2 (Yonhap) -- South Korea's National Intelligence Service has confirmed that North Korean leader Kim Jong-il designated his third and youngest son, Jong-un, as his successor shortly after the country's second nuclear test, lawmakers here said Tuesday.

The confirmation, given to members of the National Assembly information and intelligence committee on Monday, is the first word from the Seoul government regarding North Korea's next leader following months of media speculation. Predictions that the elder Kim, 67, would soon designate his heir have circulated since he reportedly suffered a stroke last summer.

"I was notified by the government yesterday that there are such ongoings (of succession), and that they (North Koreans) make loyalty pledges to Kim Jong-un," Park Jie-won of the main opposition Democratic Party, a member of the intelligence committee and close aide to former President Kim Dae-jung, said in a radio interview.

Sources told Yonhap News Agency on Monday that immediately after the May 25 test, Kim notified the country's key institutions -- the Korean People's Army, the Presidium of the Supreme People's Assembly and the Cabinet -- as well as its diplomatic missions abroad that he has designated Kim Jong-un as his successor.

The reported notification followed intelligence acquired by Yonhap four months earlier that the senior Kim chose Jong-un as his heir and sent a directive to the Workers' Party leadership on January 8, Jong-un's birthday.

The Dong-A Ilbo, a leading South Korean daily, ran a similar report on the official notification on Tuesday.

In a meeting with the parliament intelligence committee in February, the National Intelligence Service said another hereditary power transfer "appears feasible" but did not comment on reports of Kim Jong-un's designation.

Lawmakers said Tuesday the intelligence agency told them those media reports "appeared to be true" and that it cited a diplomatic message sent to North Korean missions abroad to notify Jong-un as the next leader.

Jong-un, in his mid-20s, was born to Kim's third wife, Ko Yong-hi, who died of breast cancer at age 51 in 2004. Jong-un is believed to have been educated at the International School of Berne and is said to be a fan of NBA basketball. After his return to Pyongyang in his late teens, the North has kept him under a shroud of secrecy and very little is known about his character.

Kim Jong-il was 32 when he was tapped as successor by his father and the nation's founder, Kim Il-sung, in a general meeting of the Workers' Party in 1974. He took over after his father's death in 1994.

Jong-un's succession, if actualized, will mark the second father-to-son power transfer in the North, unprecedented in the history of communist nations.

Kim Jong-il's 3rd Son Tapped as Next N.Korean Leader

Chosun Ilbo

Word out of Pyongyang indicates that Kim Jong-il's third son Jeong-woon has been officially designated the next North Korean leader. Several intelligence sources say that the designation of the successor was passed down to North Korea's Workers Party, Supreme People's Assembly and military right after the North carried out a nuclear test last week.

There are reports that high-level officials in North Korea had been confidentially notified of the decision, but this is the first time the news was delivered to mid-level apparatchiks. Kim Jong-il apparently made the choice early this year.

Expect these sorts of provocations to continue and possibly/probably result in a contained naval clash. Next on the agenda will be another ICBM launch that will be followed, probably around a month later by another, larger nuke test and heightened tensions of the border. This will all subside by early Oct. (not before Oct. 10, though) where DPRK will look to negotiate. There is also the issue of the two American journalists in gaol that were tried today, they will be used as bargaining chips to make DPRK look all humanitarian.

N. Korean boat intrudes into S. Korean side of western sea border

By Sam Kim

SEOUL, June 4 (Yonhap) -- A North Korean patrol boat intruded Thursday into the South Korean side of their western sea border and returned after nearly an hour, an official here said.

The intrusion took place at 2:47 p.m. high amid tension in the Yellow Sea after North Korea warned last week against the safety of South Korean vessels operating near the Northern Limit Line (NLL).

South Korean naval forces sounded a warning signal, prompting the North Korean vessel to return at 3:38 p.m., a Joint Chiefs of Staff official said in Seoul.

North Korea insists the NLL, drawn by a U.S. commander at the end of the 1950-53 Korean War that ended in a truce, should be drawn farther south.

Deadly naval battles erupted between the Koreas near the NLL in 1999 and 2002.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Dammit. I didn't realize this thread was in here.

Anyways, a couple of different areas to touch upon here.

Word out of Pyongyang indicates that Kim Jong-il's third son Jeong-woon has been officially designated the next North Korean leader. Several intelligence sources say that the designation of the successor was passed down to North Korea's Workers Party, Supreme People's Assembly and military right after the North carried out a nuclear test last week.

There are reports that high-level officials in North Korea had been confidentially notified of the decision, but this is the first time the news was delivered to mid-level apparatchiks. Kim Jong-il apparently made the choice early this year.

I'm thinking that this mystery kid who is 26 (who only has one picture circulating in the media) will be much more promising than his father. Sources say that he was educated in Switzerland under a false name for a brief part of his life. Also, for whatever reason Kim Jong Il has really treated his children much differently than he was treated himself as a boy. These kids HAVE been outside the country and have seen what the world is outside of DPRK. I believe off the top of my head he has three boys and several girls. (and if my memory serves me correctly one of the boys may of defected to the south? or something like that? could be totally wrong on that). Whether this has any effect on his Kim Jong Suns reputable overwhelmingly "in your face" personality is beyond me. I guess Kim Jong Sun is just like his father too.. He weighs over 200 lbs, eats like a savage, and already has diabetes.

To TTboys reponse..

Yes, war with DPRK would be a war like we've never seen before. I say this because the DPRK is HEAVILY HEAVILY equipped with Military power. They have a standing army of just over 1.2 million and another 300k or so on reserve. Being in DPRKs position currently has some ups and downs. AS westerners we see them as an impoverished country that could colllapse at any time, but the reality of it all is that they sink ALL their resources into their military and military personnel. this is why the average citizen can't obtain beef for protein to stay healthy, because it is all going to the army to feed them and keep them strong.

War with the DPRK would be a disaster. One thing that the DPRK has over other super powers such as China and Russia is political will.. They would be more than happy to see the US leveled by Nukes, as it would have absolutely no affect on the DPRK. China and Russia couldn't do that for well known economic and social reasons. Of course this would never happen ultimately because of once again, well known reasons. War with them probably wont happen anytime soon and if it does, it will be a joint SK/US invasion of the North. China and Russia have trade agreements with them but no military obligations or ties to us OR them. They would most likely not get involved.

Although the North is an extremely impoverished nation, they are extremely well armed and would be a tough battle on their soil. As we'd probably guess it would a be a home court situation for them. If that were the case it would be weird. DPRK is the most tunneled nation in the world. For several reasons this is the case but mostly to stay under the radar (no pun intended) from U.S. and SK spy planes hovering over head 24hrs a day 7 days a week. They have an entire Hard-Wired communications network hundreds of feet below the surface that is virtually untapable and used by the Military. This country has been dedicating every day since the 60's for a war to happen. Dont think just because their resources are drab, that they havent found ways to manage for themselves.. Nearly every weapon and military craft is made in north korea (along with every other product in the country). This keeps an extremely low cost on munitions and technology.

Shit i just realized im going to be late to class..

Will be back later for more rant and discussion..