Custody Trial

morton

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank!

There is still some back and forth to happen with the attorneys.

The quote of the day is my attorney saying "this will fit in well with you and your fathers Marxist views, the gears behind the clock of the justice system work on money" which is in short supply at the moment.

In family law there are really no winners. My child will still have a mentally ill mom and that is the way it goes.

In matters of money however there are winners. I am now going to be receiving child support instead of paying it and I am happy about that because I have always been the one to buy everything and still have to pay out.

Now if I can get her to pay my attorneys fees I will probably do a little dance.

• 2 months later...

All the red tape can get Kafka like real quick. My trial ended in September and it is still not wrapped up yet, hopefully the presentation this week will be the end of it for now.

If the mother tries to appeal it the court will throw the crazy stick at her which should shut her down.

• 1 year later...

It seems like there is a lot of old thread bumping going on today so I thought I would bump a old one of mine.

18 months later things are better. Predictably I wish I had stuck to my heart and gone for full custody with only supervised visitation for the mother. She is still crazy and still the number one threat to my child's well being but things are better now that she has no power.

As my child ages he is beginning to see that his mother is off kilter and understand things more fully. I predict that in the next couple years we will be back in court and this time her residential time will be restricted further, which will be better still.

sometimes going with your heart doesnt help a situation like this.You were wise and went with your head (no pun) and went the route that was more guarunteed, and reasonable to the court. nice lil update. Kid's are smart, they know whats real with people, blood or not.

good luck. keep pushin.

• Like 1

I won custody 3 years ago and on top of that it had been 7 years since she had even seen my son. Yesterday got served papers saying she wants back in.... just when you think it all good. He is much older now and says he doesn't want to even look at her so that should be enough. But Morton is right, sad shit is, his Mom is worthless and he will have to live with that.

i have full custody of my kid.

mother is in prison.

fuck you.

is someone bitter?

http://www.allaboutcounseling.com/relaxation_techniques.htm

:rolleyes:

morton congrats again

that was cool that you seemed to give her the benefit of the doubt

i'm sorry it didn't turn out better for you but it's probably better the kid gets to know mom (and her issues) on his own rather that wondering later if you'd told him the truth

nice work.

• 2 years later...