Custody Trial

morton

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks. The email you sent was on point by the way. At this point it is up to opposing counsel to finish with the respondent, 2 rebuttal witnesses and for the respondent to go through cross. All this before lunch and closing arguments start after the lunch hour. Tight schedule for them especially since the respondent has only been on the witness stand for a couple of hours compared to about a day for me.

I think the case is going well but there is no way to tell what the Judge is going to do. Also found out that this Judge has a habit of sitting on cases for a while before deciding, I had thought that they always ruled from the bench but guess not.

On the somewhat comedic tragedy of life side of things the respondent is going after me for some daycare type expenses. I ran the numbers the other day and figured that she had spent around 700 to 1000 going after me for the whopping high amount of 32.07. Not to bright that one.

yeah. i feel you. I honestly think id hate working in family law altogether. my pops had to go through alot to get myself and my sister when we were young. the whole thing was pretty unfair and i know alot of really good fathers that lose that battle. dont want to see another.

but like i said...diligence. if you keep bugging them, they're bound to switch their mind.

and the child care provider is a twat.

Not the provider, the mother trying to get reimbursed for a expense I overlooked.

I was joking with my attorney about what it would take for a father to get full custody and said that it takes track marks or bruises to which he replied "oh you need more than that, incarceration or death and even then you still need to worry about the mothers parents."

Which I thought was funny but not in a good way.

• 2 weeks later...

Today is going to be the last day of trial. It can take the Judge a while to make a ruling but he may rule from the bench.

Getting to this point has taken two years of being in and out of court and cost me over forty thousand dollars in attorneys fees and fees.

Time to have my first cup of coffee and get suited up.

I got all suited up and it turns out the court changed the start time to after the lunch hour instead of at the beginning of the day. FUCK. I sure hope this ends up being the last day and that the Judge just decided he was done listening to opposing counsel.

Time to make another pot of coffee and change my clothes until lunch.

The 40 grand number covers using attorneys in 3 different actions before the court all related to this situation.

I am not even going for full custody, which in the past is what the mother wanted for me to have.

At the moment I am standing by to head on down the the courthouse. I really fucking hope that this is the last day of trial.

Sneak, it is almost impossible for a father to get full custody in this state, Menino has a point also in that although she is crazy she does have a bond with our child. Furthermore restricting custody further would I expect cause her to be more damaging in the time that she would have in that she would devote all of her energy in attacking me through our child.

Court is on for tomorrow morning.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

So I am still waiting for the Judge to issue a ruling. I wonder how long it takes this guy to figure out his order at a restaurant.

I have a interview on monday and do not even know what to tell them as far as what time I am going to be able to show up because I do not know if I will have my kid on weeknights or not.

This waiting is for the fucking birds, I sit around all day and check my email like every half hour to see if there has been a ruling yet. One attorney that my attorney was bullshiting with in the hall said dude can take up to two months to make a decision. fuck

• 3 weeks later...